• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone on pc using the exe able to get in a server? Im in a no servers found loop

They've said they don't want people to use that method. They made it pretty clear yesterday. Supposedly they fixed that backdoor way around the security. I'm surprised mods haven't started warning people about continuing to bring this up.

They've said they don't want people to use that method. They made it pretty clear yesterday. Supposedly they fixed that backdoor way around the security. I'm surprised mods haven't started warning people about continuing to bring this up.
No they didn't - they were referring to the modified exe method which isn't what people are using anymore. You've been harping against people playing it early since it happened yesterday. What's it to you?

Milennia

And is 5? expansions to 3?

And is 5 expansions to 3 map packs yes.
As well as other little things, such as exp events and battlepacks/exclusive camos/knives.
I got premium for 40$ and love it because i play the game to death.

As it stands right now, Titanfall wont be as supported as a late gen battlefield game.
However there are many reasons for that.

Such as the fact that its their first game and are going to take the feedback as it comes.
Who knows, we may see another season pass in the games cycle.

Oh.. Also team size, like damn.
DICE has 2 studios iirc and they outsource some expansions to them.
Like LA did china rising.

Event thread is going smooth still. Expect a full preview soon.
13016177054_1f32f929aa_o.png

No they didn't - they were referring to the modified exe method which isn't what people are using anymore. You've been harping against people playing it early since it happened yesterday. What's it to you?

I don't think making a couple posts about people screwing with beta files and using backdoor methods around the security to play the game early is harping. I have no issues whatsoever with anyone playing the game early legitimately.

Wizman23

Banned
Holy Shit at the other thread. It's hilarious how everyone saying it's the worst looking game ever all have red stocking hat avatars. Fucking embarrassing.

You keep posting telling people to stop using this method, but that won't stop us. You're the only one getting your jimmies all rustled about it. They didn't fix it.

Milennia

Holy Shit at the other thread. It's hilarious how everyone saying it's the worst looking game ever all have red stocking hat avatars. Fucking embarrassing.

Im at the point where i ignore those threads entirely.
They go from actual discussion, to shitfest pretty quick.
Same thing goes for all the gaming side battlefield threads.

I usually stick to the OTs for my shooter discussion.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

I won't go as far as worst looking game ever, but I do think the game looks graphically abysmal for a current gen title.

I have owned an Xbox One since midnight launch and have Titanfall already preloaded to my SSD on my PC.

Gamertag: KTgrim86
Origin ID: KTgrim86

The game looks bad, has nothing to do with avatars.

That said, the game is super fun.

I don't think anyone is saying the game looks as good as Crysis 3 or BF4, but at the same time the game will probably run better on more lower end hardware when both AMD and Nvidia come out with optimizied drivers.

Worst looking game ever, no of course not.

But to be honest it's not much of a looker. The skyboxes are nice though.

I don't think making a couple posts about people screwing with beta files and using backdoor methods around the security to play the game early is harping. I have no issues whatsoever with anyone playing the game early legitimately.
If the mods have a problem with it then they'll make it known. Simple as that. No need to play hall monitor.

Milennia

I won't go as far as worst looking game ever, but I do think the game looks graphically abysmal for a current gen title.

I have owned an Xbox One since midnight launch and have Titanfall already preloaded to my SSD on my PC.

Yes, i took think the game looks like crap tbh.
Always have.

Once i decided i hated the way the game looks, i put it int he back of my mind though, only to focus on its gameplay, which i don't do much to be honest as I'm a battlefield player and battlefield games tend to be quite gorgeous, especially the recent installments.
Titanfall is a very special case for me.
I haven't played a fast paced, close quarters shooter seriously since mid mw2 and the start of black ops.
This game is beginning that world of FPS back to me in a big way, i find it fun and competitive enough to ignore its lackluster look.

I think it looks serviceable, or at least it does for me.
Nothing less and nothing more.

Jarmel

Banned
Have someone on your friends list who isn't in a full game and join their game, or choose a server and spam the play and cancel buttons.

Don't forget to pray that you can get an enemy team.

You can only send invites for your team so you have a ton of imbalanced lobbies right now.

Freki

Am I allowed to say it looks mediocre? I played 31h during Beta and already payed and preloaded the game.
Would that be ok for you?

greenfish

Banned

You're suprised mods haven't warned people for playing a game early using an EXE? ........................................................................................................................................................................................Oh dear such an important thing, I wonder how these mods can sleep at night.

Maybe you can try your local police office for help?

Milennia

You're suprised mods haven't warned people for playing a game early using an EXE? ........................................................................................................................................................................................Oh dear such an important thing, I wonder how these mods can sleep at night.

This is some unnecessarily immature stuff.

Eoin

BF4 multi hurt my eyes more than the TitanFall beta did(Xbone). Could not make out shit in that game.

Bsigg12

Really? Way to be a dick.

FYI direct2play keys went out today.
Yup, got mine today. Downloaded and installing now. It was a little bit of a gamble lol but site seems legit.

However, is it normal that codes are usually sent out as a picture of the code printed on a sheet of paper? It's not weird that it's an image (I imagine you don't want the code appearing in the HTML), but the fact that it's a picture of the code printed.

Milennia

It doesn't matter how good BF4 looks, I hear it's always broken.

But i have over 400 hours in it.
If its broken and unplayable, i would have 0 and no longer play the game.
The fixes are coming along, as well as new bugs.
The amount of game breaking bullshit thats in the game is a fraction of what it once was, yet there is a presence.
Game isn't fixed by any means, but its also by no means unplayable.
I just wish people would ask the OT if something is fixed or not instead of making inevitable battlefield bashing threads.

Ceebs

Yup, got mine today. Downloaded and installing now. It was a little bit of a gamble lol but site seems legit.

However, is it normal that codes are usually sent out as a picture of the code printed on a sheet of paper? It's not weird that it's an image (I imagine you don't want the code appearing in the HTML), but the fact that it's a picture of the code printed.

Just means that it was more than likely a retail copy, and they just snapped a picture of the key instead of typing it up.

Zornack

Yeah, I think the game looks pretty darn bad, even on my PC running at 1440p with all the settings maxed. I'm still going to play it. I might even double dip.

greenfish

Banned
BF4 looks a lot better, but bf4 was terrible in terms of bugs. Haven't had a single bug yet in Titanfall and i'm playing it right now on PC using exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom