• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

teokrazia

Zone 18 is arguably the best map of the entire 24 or 25 of them. Amazing map.

Yup, after playing more, I agree with that.
It plays sooooooooooo good. :)

BTW, the game seems almost dead on PC.
Most of the times I'm playing games not even able to fill both teams. :(

I gotta say though, the maps in this game are overall incredibly good. Even the worst of them are very playable and I wouldn't skip them when they come up in the rotation. I can't think of another recent FPS I can say that about.

Yup.
Respawn has some incredibly talented level designers.

Izuna

Banned
I've noticed the same thing about the 40mm (on PC). It performs fine when zoomed in so I just always assumed that the hip accuracy was terrible.

I agree Runoff is great. Angel City too. Not sure why you dislike Export so much though. The electrocution mechanic is a bit gimmicky but not unfair (you're warned before getting shocked). As for verticality, are you talking about the really high metal beams overlooking the map? There's no cover up there and I've never really had a problem with campers on the beams. Maps like Nexus have more verticality IMO. Maybe it's different on console.

In terms of Verticality I mean the whole area near the docks. There are only two ways for a Titan to get up from there and they are massively vulnerable. Pilots can barely make it up through a couple of entrances and it takes longer than it needs to, with the quickest way to jump back, then double jump forward to reach certain ledges.

Not to mention on top of the hill you are looking down at the entire action with only two choices in a Titan. The gimmick basically shuts off an area of the map as no one is bothered to climb up there...

I dunno, Nexus is a fun map especially in CTF and action can take places in a few hotspots there. Only issue with Nexus was that Minion farming was super easy to do.

EDIT: Got 143 Attrition Points, 3 Deaths, yet we lost by 28 points.
How? Some guy join in late, for 5 points and 12 deaths.

I'm down anytime fellas. Hardpoint is my favorite mode, followed by attrition, and I can be coaxed into the others on occasion. Gamertag is BruiserBear76, and I've got all the maps. Located in the central U.S.

So PvZ:GW got an update last weej that applied the June SDK and boosted the resolution... I wonder what the chances of that happening here are?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Coming back to this after playing Destiny for a while was kind of jolting, you can really tell the difference in FPS. New maps are alright, but Expedition is still the best of the packs.

KingV

Man it got quiet in here. The brehs should make a return one day...

Yeah, man. I thought I would be a Destinybreh, but the grind is real and I can't devote the time to get to 26+.

I think I may be back to titanbreh now that I'm done with mordor.

So PvZ:GW got an update last weej that applied the June SDK and boosted the resolution... I wonder what the chances of that happening here are?
wow really? I had no idea there was another update, not played it for a bit.

My current turn-off for titanfall is the random loading pausing, it can just freeze up for a little bit doing anything even in the middle of a battle, anywhere.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
wow really? I had no idea there was another update, not played it for a bit.

My current turn-off for titanfall is the random loading pausing, it can just freeze up for a little bit doing anything even in the middle of a battle, anywhere.

Yeah update 6 fucked up a lot of stuff.

tauke

Well I stop playing for a while to slowly clear my Steam backlog until there is a new update since Update 7 is a mess for me.

Right now it's random FPS drop and instant CTD when loading the lobby after a match ends. Update 6 is the miracle update for me as I get near solid 60FPS most of the time and fixes the poor ping that I faced around end of July.

Was just playing and it's just unplayable on PC for me right now. I get pauses while in a match, similar to the ones right after match or while loading into a match. Only thing I know I've changed is to update to the latest nvidia experience app and I don't allow it to auto tweak settings.

Duxxy3

I come back to the game every few weeks to play a few matches of attrition. For those few games I have a good time. There's just not reason to continue playing. Not enough upgrades, not enough customization, not enough options.

I come back to the game every few weeks to play a few matches of attrition. For those few games I have a good time. There's just not reason to continue playing. Not enough upgrades, not enough customization, not enough options.

Paying for maps doesn't help, I know they cost money to make but I hate paying for multiplayer maps.

The latest update with all the pauses on xbox one really doesn't help either and they have yet to try and fix it.

Never fully understood this way of thinking. Not saying it's wrong, just that i literally don't get it. My first main "competitive" entry was probably halo 1. My friends and i would do lan parties almost every weekend. Same levels, same weapons, no customization, no leveling system, etc. But it didn't matter, it was FUN and competitive. Now you have these games with customization, challenges, leveling system, etc. and it's somehow not enough for people. As if being a solid game no longer matters, it needs something to look forward to or unlock.

I've sunk TONS of time into Titanfall and am still a level 1. In fact, i was a level 1 in every cod game as well even though i easily could've maxed out each prestige. If a game is fun and competitive I don't care about anything else. Always blew my mind in cod hearing people ask me why i was a level 1 and how i don't get bored. As if some number/symbol next to my name all of a sudden makes the game better?

I could probably go on and on with this subject since i have years of cod under my belt, but I'll stop, ha. And again, wasn't making fun of anyone, it's just amusing to me how the leveling and stuff like that adds nothing to games for me. Titanfall is a solid shooter and insanely fun, i would've supported it regardless of a leveling system.

Paying for maps doesn't help, I know they cost money to make but I hate paying for multiplayer maps.

Paying for maps doesn't bother me, especially when they're good. What bothers me is breaking up the community and playlists. I've paid for 2 of the 3 map packs i believe, didn't buy the 3rd because of moving over to Destiny... and because i feel like i've wasted my money on the previous two. Reason being, my friends and i primarily play ctf. the ctf playlist doesn't include new maps. To play the new maps we would have to either play the dedicated playlists of attrition or mixed game modes. That to me, is terrible.

But the maps i've played are fantastic and worth the money. It's just ashame i can't play them on the game mode i love most. (unless it randomly comes up in the mixed objective playlist)

FeD.nL

So I got Titanfall alongside an Xbox coming in tomorrow but is there still a healthy player base or am I better of sending TF back?

FDBMath

Even with playing Destiny a lot lately, I still find myself jumping in a playing Titanfall quite a bit lately. It is just so much damn fun.

Now, I have heard there is a rumor that Respawn is working on something other than Titanfall right now. Are there any rumors that they are actively working on Titanfall 2 (even something like just creating and fleshing out the core design as opposed to coding and the like)? I really dig this game and can see that it has the potential to really be a significant player in the FPS world. I am really interested in seeing what they can do with a full development cycle not impacted by lawsuits and crazy office politics.

Even with playing Destiny a lot lately, I still find myself jumping in a playing Titanfall quite a bit lately. It is just so much damn fun.

Now, I have heard there is a rumor that Respawn is working on something other than Titanfall right now. Are there any rumors that they are actively working on Titanfall 2 (even something like just creating and fleshing out the core design as opposed to coding and the like)? I really dig this game and can see that it has the potential to really be a significant player in the FPS world. I am really interested in seeing what they can do with a full development cycle not impacted by lawsuits and crazy office politics.

There have been no specific rumors, but I think they're definitely working on Titanfall 2, and I think it will be out in 2016.

finally bought an x1 so i get to play titanfall in its full glory now and i have to say i am super disappointed with the graphics but most of all these servers are complete and utter shit. the lag i have experienced in this is horrible, i dont know for sure if its ms or titanfall servers but something is messed up here.

GRaider81

finally bought an x1 so i get to play titanfall in its full glory now and i have to say i am super disappointed with the graphics but most of all these servers are complete and utter shit. the lag i have experienced in this is horrible, i dont know for sure if its ms or titanfall servers but something is messed up here.

Im exactly the same. Just bought an x1 for fh2 and mcc. Thought I would try this out as its dirt cheap.

Enjoyed immensely my first play session on it but as you say the mid game lag is horrible.

As for the visuals I can't believe how disappointing they are.

I cant wait to jump back in though, I only had a couple of hours on it.

I believe it's just the game doing that, the server ping seems solid but the code in the game is either old or just not that great, kills register in good time for me when playing in local server matches but I will still see players teleport around and skip a beat or two.

I'd honestly put the 'lag' blame down to the game itself, not the servers.

FeD.nL

Wow I didn't expect this, but what an amazing game. Has been a while that a mp shooter made such an impression on me. It's just pure fun, love everything about it so far. The maps feel so alive and there just stuff to do at every corner, I constantly have the feeling i'm contributing something. Started out with attrition but I love hardpoint so i'm going to stick with that for now.

And if anyone has them how are the dlc maps?

And if anyone wants to play some matches my tag is FeD 989.

The majority of us are completely fine with the servers, it all depends whethe you have a stable connection to your nearest MS Azure data center.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Took a break to play Diablo and Destiny, about to hit 30 in destiny and then that turd can die in a fire. How are the new maps, brehs? Any other cool updates? Does the new DLC come with cool glitched achievements like the others?

Ghazi

How many people still play this on the bone? I've had it for ages, but have never played it aside from the 60-70 hours or so I put into the 360 version when only the first DLC was out. Want to get into it now, especially with the new update in the works. Anyone want to add me? GT: Ghazzarro

I'm usually on during Fridays and Saturdays.

The Cowboy

Announce all DLC packs will be added to all playlists for all (this is sorely needed IMO to stop the community split up), announce that they've done a load of work on optimization across both PC and Xbox one, announce a couple of new modes and also various tweaks to modes and weapons and I'll be happy.

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice (especially the 1st 2).

Announce all DLC packs will be added to all playlists for all (this is sorely needed IMO to stop the community split up), announce that they've done a load of work on optimization across both PC and Xbox one, announce a couple of new modes and also various tweaks to modes and weapons and I'll be happy.

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice (especially the 1st 2).

That would get me back in. But has a developer/publisher ever ended up offering maps for free that were previously paid for? Wouldn't they have to compensate for those who paid?

HelloMeow

That would get me back in. But has a developer/publisher ever ended up offering maps for free that were previously paid for? Wouldn't they have to compensate for those who paid?

Gears of War did that. You could buy the maps, or wait a couple of months and get them for free.

Without going too wild with ideas I would love to see a player v AI mode of sorts, maybe a survival wave based mode.

new weapons might be nice, balance issues though.

Really curious to see if the XB1 is finally getting that resolution bump.

Give me solid 60fps over a res bump first if they can do so, did they use the 8-10% kinect reserve last update?

Top Bottom