• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall PC - $5

Really wonder if I should grab this, though choice :(

I would normally just buy it for $5 but I already picked up a bunch of games and there's a chance I'll pick up a few more with the crazy deals we're getting

Game is pretty fun after playing a few matches

I know the feeling of wondering whether to buy a game even if it is cheap. So many games left to play...

If you had fun on the few matches you played and you think you would go back then I cannot see how you can go wrong. It is the equivalent to about £3.30 in my currency which I wouldn't think twice about.

Stat!

I bought it but I can't launch it at all. :( Not sure what the problem is either. It tries to launch but the exe fails. I meet all the specs.

M.D

I know the feeling of wondering whether to buy a game even if it is cheap. So many games left to play...

If you had fun on the few matches you played and you think you would go back then I cannot see how you can go wrong. It is the equivalent to about £3.30 in my currency which I wouldn't think twice about.

The only thing I'm not happy about with is the fact there's the Deluxe edition which includes all the DLC and its $20

I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $20 right now, just because I don't know how frequently I'll play the game. not a huge FPS or multiplayer guy, but I want some fun multiplayer to every now and then

Not sure where the PC population will be at if I wait for a better price on the Deluxe version tho

I bought it but I can't launch it at all. :( Not sure what the problem is either. It tries to launch but the exe fails. I meet all the specs.

Is your system 64 bit?

sfredo

Neo Member
Still 20$ here in Brazil, thanks EA...but my money is going to Steam Autumn Sale if you are going to region lock some prices...

Yeah, this sucks. Tried going around their region lock stuff but couldn't.

Steam sale it is, then!

My question is now though that if there is still a community, a dedicated one, are they so intrenched in Titanfall that it's impossible for new players to join without being curb stomped though the newbie meat grinder?

kizito

My question is now though that if there is still a community, a dedicated one, are they so intrenched in Titanfall that it's impossible for new players to join without being curb stomped though the newbie meat grinder?

Nope, don't worry, except for when you encounter those Smartgun/C4 players, the game is perfectly accessible to a newcomer.

Stat!

Try the last post on this page. I am not sure if it relates to your problem but it is worth a check:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/titanfall-exe-has-stopped-working-WORKAROUND/td-p/2482178

I tried. EA support says my Geforce 760 Gtx isn't supported by Titanfall. So Im going try and get a refund then. Shame. I was looking forward to it.

Even though a quick google shows that people on reddit have the same card and have gotten it to work. I don't know what to do but this is why I hate PC gaming sometimes. It can be so frustrating.

Weetrick

I tried. EA support says my Geforce 760 Gtx isn't supported by Titanfall. So Im going try and get a refund then. Shame. I was looking forward to it.

Even though a quick google shows that people on reddit have the same card and have gotten it to work. I don't know what to do but this is why I hate PC gaming sometimes. It can be so frustrating.

GTX 760 not supported by Titanfall... Huh?!? Who did you talk to from EA?

LogicStep

I haven't looked into it since I have other stuff to play but I got the game for $5 and after installing and launching the game I try to join a match and my game just stays at the loading screen for a long time and then just gives a connection error or the game hangs. It did this when I tried the game for free in one of those play for free weekends. Gtx 660, wonder if there's a compatibility issue here..

Stat!

The GTX 760 is a good, modern GPU. What is his first day on the job?

I don't know. But after spending an hour trying to get this game to run on my end, and then 20 minutes in the chat, he says I would need to buy a new card since mine isnt supported so I asked for a refund instead.

I even asked if he was sure since a quick google shows that people can use my card to play but I just couldn't get the bloody thing to run.

M.D

That's some shitty support from EA :|

If you don't want to bother and find a solution just ask for a refund, think they give a full refund for everything now?

Stat!

That's some shitty support from EA :|

If you don't want to bother and find a solution just ask for a refund, think they give a full refund for everything now?

yeah, they guy processed a refund. Was just too complicated and just annoying that I coudln't get the game to run right away (or within an hour of purchasing it)

Waaghals

If the game crashed on startup you probably have old drivers.
I understand you have got a refund , that is good. If you have similar problems in other games I suggest getting newer drivers.

(unless you already have the newer drivers, in which case ignore this).

Iorv3th

Played some this morning and feel it's worth 5$. Really wish Respawn wouldn't have put the smart pistol in though.

LOL I thought you meant an actual DRM. Didnt know you were one of those guys.

Well, enjoy Steam I guess. :)

It's not that I think it's probably even that awful.
I just can't be bothered to download more shit on my computer, particularly if it involves account creation (and I care for EA games so rarely it'd feel like bloatware)

I've got too many games I don't play anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The community seems to be alive and kicking on the Xbox One though. Is it really that barren on PC?

Yes. Easily.

Played to the max limit of the two-day Origin "gametime" and basically kept being put into the same
laggy
Gen10 versus Gen 1 Me and a bunch of Gen 3-5 people round over and over and over on anything that isn't Team Deathmatch.

Playing Marked for Death (which was the "new" mode at the time) was kinda pulling teeth in finding new players outside of the round I kept being put in. Capture the Flag (which actually is the fun mode in this game) was barren.

Unit24

I'd feel more inclined to buy this if the game wasn't so huge. I don't want a game that I won't play all that much to take up around 50 GB of space.

Dunlop

I like First Person shooters, I like mechs, I like games with vertical gameplay. Does it make me a bad person if, even at $5 or 10€, I still have no interest in this game?

No, but if you like those genres you will like this

I'm having a blast with the game, but pretty much the only viable mode is attrition. The PC userbase seems to be very small

brennok

Neo Member
The only thing I'm not happy about with is the fact there's the Deluxe edition which includes all the DLC and its $20

I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $20 right now, just because I don't know how frequently I'll play the game. not a huge FPS or multiplayer guy, but I want some fun multiplayer to every now and then

Not sure where the PC population will be at if I wait for a better price on the Deluxe version tho

Skip the deluxe. The DLC playlists are empty.

This game could have been decent, but the lack of a proper server browser with player rentable and configurable servers killed it off pretty quick.

zeroOman

Skip the deluxe. The DLC playlists are empty.

This game could have been decent, but the lack of a proper server browser with player rentable and configurable servers killed it off pretty quick.

How about going exclusive what hurt this game alot?

Unit24

Would be a great deal if it wasn't supporting EA.

Honestly, I hate EA too, but I'm all for supporting good decisions even if they're made by shit companies. Having a $5 Titanfall sale is a good move, and by buying it you're basically saying "I like it when you do this, please do it more".

NeoGAF PSA:

"Titanfall is dead." = "It's just not my cup of tea."

I'm on the west coast servers and couldnt find a hardpoint match two months after release. Attrition (TDM) is more populated but I don't wanna play attrition. Hopefully this sale will help

PC is not exclusive.

Ultimately, what hurt this game the most is not enough value for the $60 they were charging upon release. I'm sure if it launched at $30, it would have done a lot better.

It wasn't a good value at all. They kind of misled people with the "campaign". Not releasing on the PS3 and ps4 was also a big contributer

I'm on the west coast servers and couldnt find a hardpoint match two months after release. Attrition (TDM) is more populated but I don't wanna play attrition. Hopefully this sale will help

I remember that time. They were having matchmaking issues a month or two after release. People kept complaining that newbies were being placed into a team against a full team of experienced players and it was leading to heavily lop-sided matches.

So they started reworking how the servers build the teams. Unfortunately, this caused long wait times while the servers did calculating, so it appeared like no matches were taking place and no one was playing.

It's since gotten a lot better. I'm on the West Coast and have had little trouble finding full matches since the price started coming down.

Huh. Origin says my Credit card, the same I used to buy stuff there previously, is not valid. Well ok. Steam doesn't have any problems taking my money. :/

Kanokare

I don't know. But after spending an hour trying to get this game to run on my end, and then 20 minutes in the chat, he says I would need to buy a new card since mine isnt supported so I asked for a refund instead.

I even asked if he was sure since a quick google shows that people can use my card to play but I just couldn't get the bloody thing to run.

I use an EVGA 760 and can confirm Titanfall works on it. I don't think that's the reason you can't play.

Ziffles

Why is all this uncompressed audio mandatory?

Isn't there anything that can be done about this? Battlefield 4, with every expansion installed, takes up 48.7 gigs, several gigs less than vanilla Titanfall. I know hard drives are nice and big nowadays, but that's just absurd.

M.D

I actually decided to buy it (using VPN to get it for $5)

Turns out I removed my credit card from PayPal (I don't even remember doing this), and now I have to wait till Sunday to get that confirmation code to confirm my card..

I could use my sister's rechargeable Visa, but I already it twice today to get Shadow of Mordor and Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim
I don't wanna put my actual credit card in there tho

Hope this lasts till I can confirm my card

Edit: Alright now, this is super weird.. I just now realized I bought Dragon Age 2 using PayPal on November 14th
I didn't remove my card on my own, so why is it gone? I forget my password and just reset it after a few tries, is there any chance that automatically removed my card from the account?

Head.spawn

So, people have been calling the game "dead" since about a week after launch. Lol

What are the actual player populations on PC & XBO?

MadSexual

I'm tempted, but I want to use my Game Time before I buy. I won't be home at my PC until tomorrow. Any idea how long this deal will last?

impact

Banned
Good price finally, but I can't be asked to download Origin so I'll pass. I would never play it anyway, so this is a good thing. I got some csgo to play instead.

Kanokare

So, people have been calling the game "dead" since about a week after launch. Lol

What are the actual player populations on PC & XBO?

PC population for Attrition is like 1000 people average for me for US Pacific; Campaign about 200. It has never taken me more than 30 seconds to find a game. A couple of game modes are dead though.

I say I'm having a lot of fun playing it with no season pass. Probably more fun with friends too so they can help with them rodeos.

Top Bottom