• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLG Support Group -- Now Officially Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illucio

Banned
Hi I'm Illucio..

And it's been over a couple of years now, but I believe I'm finally sort of okay with not playing The Last Guardian. I've been clean from watching any old trailers for 2 years now, and whenever I read Guardian or Last I don't immediately think of the game no more! I think I think I have my life finally on track now...

Sande

Why would they keep swearing it's in development if it isn't? Lying to long time fans for no real benefit doesn't make any sense to me.

Footos22

Hi I'm Illucio..

And it's been over a couple of years now, but I believe I'm finally sort of okay with not playing The Last Guardian. I've been clean from watching any old trailers for 2 years now, and whenever I read Guardian or Last I don't immediately think of the game no more! I think I think I have my life finally on track now...

Relapse imminent. Abort abort.

kmax

tumblr_mrd52tt0Zi1sf0cfdo3_400.gif

Still not happening.

People lose faith way too easily. I honestly thought that after FFXV hope for this would be back.

Don't worry people, they'll show it when it's ready ;)

Guys when games are outright cancelled the company just comes out and says they're cancelled. TLG isn't a special case or anything. Sony are not saying it's cancelled and repeatedly reiterating that development is still on going because TLG is actually still in development and that's the truth. Yes the game's been in development hell for several years but if Sony says it's not cancelled and is still coming then that's the reality.

At a guess it's coming for the PS4 now and Sony are waiting until development is progressing well enough to unveil it again.

Strazyplus

A user on NeoGaf recently posted a teasing comment on an E3 thread, simply stating “great news for TLG (The Last Guardian) fans.”

I wonder if they are talking of me, since I did bring this thread back to life....

I read that entire thread (well, from the point that Zoetis showed up) and the guy seemed legit. He was also vetted by Kagari so whatever the dude said in those PMs must have been convincing. The mods are usually super strict when it comes to situations like this so evidently Zoetis at least has some degree of a connected background in order to have successfully convinced one of the mods. As Kagari said the rumblings are that TLG will show up this E3 so I'm confident it'll be there.

If you think about it logically Sony has reiterated many times it's still in development so it's reappearance at one of these shows is inevitable. From what Kagari said (about the game being planned to be unveiled at various shows and then being pulled) it sounds like development for this game has been hell but then again we all pretty much knew that. I had zero faith last E3 that TLG would appear and wasn't shocked in the slightest when it was a no show. This time? Based on everything I've read I'm confident it's going to show.

Blader

My bet is that they'll re-announce at it E3 for a Christmas release. This year. Absolutely no way do they reintroduce the game with "coming next year."

Deadstar

Can't wait for the last guardian at e3. It will be awesome. Though I do hope it comes out this year. If it was dead Sony would say it was dead.

Brew124

IWantToBelieve.jpg

At this point, The Last Guardian has turned into a Cleveland sports team. There's always next year.

This hurts since I'm from the Cleveland area.. haha.

But yes, I am of the thinking that it makes its re-debut this year, with a 50/50 shot of it releasing before Christmas.

Hi I'm Illucio..

Here let me help:
tumblr_mhlopyJWZE1qdqlkxo5_500.gif

mwahahahahahaha

Vexidus

Over the years I've sort of let The Last Guardian fade from my memory. But every once in a while I get a twinge of hope and think about what could have been and what still might be.

ICO and SotC are near and dear to my heart and TLG has the potential to be truly magical if it ever gets completed. I am keeping my expectations reserved but I still have some hope that it will surface again. I only hope that if Sony does show it, the game is nearly complete and releases within the year. I don't know if I can take another tease and broken heart.

akira28

just realize that if it never comes out, that it was for the best. It means that they couldn't have achieved the concept, and the idea was maybe just too ambitious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom