• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLG Support Group -- Now Officially Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

I think The Last Guardian PS3 was a tragic misstep in evolution. It became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we created hype that should not exist by natural law. Games are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that they are each somebody, when in fact every game is nothing. Maybe the honorable thing for our thread to do is deny our programming, stop doubting, walk hand in hand into E3, one last Sony press conference - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

robb_w7

Banned
Ive never got into the whole Last Guardian craze, just a question to those who are, if its not shown this E3, are you all done with it?

I am Half Life fan, and i gave up on HL3 last year, im done with it now, meaning i wont keep thinking it will be announced

Ive never got into the whole Last Guardian craze, just a question to those who are, if its not shown this E3, are you all done with it?

The dream will never die.

But, yeah, I think I just have to be. If it comes back, it comes back, but I think it will finally be time to accept Team ICO existed for a short period of time, produced two fantastic games, and that was it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I mean, I don't even know anymore. I've heard such insane things about this game for the longest time that I kind of think it is just easier for me to double down on it being vaporware every year than actually do digging. Regardless of what actually happens-- if it's real, I'll be happy with the rest of you-- it's definitely dead this year if there's no firm announcement at E3.

Jedi2016

We'll never be "done" until they make it official.

But there's plenty more fish in the sea, so to speak. My backlog is big enough as it is.

I mean, I don't even know anymore. I've heard such insane things about this game for the longest time that I kind of think it is just easier for me to double down on it being vaporware every year than actually do digging. Regardless of what actually happens-- if it's real, I'll be happy with the rest of you-- it's definitely dead this year if there's no firm announcement at E3.

I think they're waiting to showcase what the team have been working on for the PS4, before announcing that TLG has been cancelled. Give the upset fans some consolation in the form of something new and beautiful and very much alive for the PS4.

I honestly just want another game from them. If they come out and say "here is our new game but its not TLG" I will still be hyped as fuck.

psaman17

Banned
I think E3 is not the spot for a game like Last Guardian. If not in E3, surely it will be shown @ the next TGS.

#believeTrico

Kevyt

My obsession with the last guardian began after I saw the reveal trailer and I thought to myself that it was going to be a game that would define gaming overall.

I attended the PlayStation e3 experience in my local movie theater hoping that I would rejoice with fellow PlayStation fans when TLG was announced for the PS4. The moment never came and I was heartbroken. I could not stand hearing anything PlayStation related for over a month. In my mind I was only thinking "how can PlayStation let TLG die? How can they not bring it to the PS4? Why did Shu lie?" :(

So many questions and no answers. I did the unthinkable last summer as a result. I sold all of my PlayStation consoles. PS3, PS4 and Vita, and got into PC gaming. I yold myself that maybe Lord Gaben would be able to fill that enpty space in my heart that Sony was never able to. Steam Sales came by and I was deep into PC gaming. I'm mostly a PC gamer now, and while I play games regardless of platforms, there's still a bitter-sweet flavor in my mouth, an itch that can't be scratched. A scar that's still visible. The Last Guardian never came and with it my hopes and dreams for playing it, sinked bottom low. Thinking about this is painful. It is like watching a really sad movie while listening to a really sad melody and cutting onions at the same time.

I still can't let it go... I want to join the support group too.

Endo Punk

I said it in the E3 thread and I'll say it again here. Sony will never have a better opportunity to reveal TLG and release it this year. Their WWS are going to go guns blazing from next year onwards and a niche game like TLG will be lost in the hype. This year they can still surprise us and most importantly gain a wider audience. They wont be able to do that at all from 2016. Even die hard fans wont give a shit.

Would you be annoyed if its still PS3?

Yes, and no.

Yes, because the PS4 has been out for quite some time now, so it makes no sense to have a last gen game.

No, because that's the system it was promised on.

If they want it to have any sort of chance of making any sort of impact, it needs to be PS4.

PillarEN

Would you be annoyed if its still PS3?

Yes. I imagine the reason it failed originally was because the PS3 was not allowing the developers do what they wanted. I don't have a PS4 at the moment but would not want a PS3 version anyway if it would make the game half assed.

Calling it:

Morpheus launch title.

My gut tells me this.

It would be the best way to launch a killer app with a new product like Morpheus. Also, from what we know about the game, this seems like a perfect fit for an amazing VR experience.

I believe this will be the year we finally see it
or it is dead for good.

Game4life

Banned
I said it in the E3 thread and I'll say it again here. Sony will never have a better opportunity to reveal TLG and release it this year. Their WWS are going to go guns blazing from next year onwards and a niche game like TLG will be lost in the hype. This year they can still surprise us and most importantly gain a wider audience. They wont be able to do that at all from 2016. Even die hard fans wont give a shit.

Die Hard fans not giving a shit about a Team Ico game when unveiled are not die hard fans.

BibiMaghoo

Every year I think "maybe this is the year".

This year, I don't. It exists in some form, but I don't think we will ever see it.

We always think it's going to be at the nearest conference and it never is. Ever. For years.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic to actually see it revealed once again, but I've long since given up on getting excited with empty hopes. It's less painful this way.

They way some people say "this time it's definitely dead" after every major press conference makes them sound just as bad as those of us who still haven't given up hope.

CFEmL2BVIAAJDdg.jpg

Let's reflect on happier times...

CFnFNmTW0AMEb1p.jpg

The pain never really ends....

megateto

You should write a summary on everything you've heard that has led you to believe that TLG is dead XD.

ClearData

I need to watch the presser away from others because if TLG is announced I'm going to start crying. And I thought the Zelda reveal people were silly all those years ago. Now I understand.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
7 days.....

Don't forget your responsibilities and the oaths you have made.

Those whose support clearly go above and beyond will be awarded Special Membership.
Special Members: De-mon, esterk, Corto, Psycho_Mantis, StuBurns, Sorceror Supreme, Duster, Mr. RHC, Last_colossi, M_Night, Ethelwulf, iamcool388, shawnlreed, Issun23

New Memberships are Awarded to True Believers.
Members: Baron, Lalalandia, shagg_187, Flying Saucer, wapplew, hoggert, zeromcd73, Kingdoug87, Freeman, Dedvalve, Pound_lb003, Bloodrage, Cess007, Hibiki Kurosawa, Incitio, Liamario, Shaunlreed, QVoth, jamsy, viveks86, Handy Fake, BlackBuzzard, DarkLordMalik, koozek, FusionCode, TheRealTalker, Gooch: The Destroyer, Oni Jazar, Chris87, Akira, I Am Random 31, Nibel, Huey Freeman, mrbingbong, Riki, Travado, NeoCross, DangerMouse, naib, Marvel, whoszed, krafter, Namikaze1, Americanmushroom, Thaumaturgic Tomato, Proponent, ScOULaris, Cave Johnson, Dragon1893, Haunted, Arveene, doctorcdcs, jonabbey, Salaadin, Sidewinder, Psoelberg, fantomena, MetroidPrimeRib, halfbeast, Jomax, Hypatia, MudoSkills, cropduster, akaoni, Admiral Snackbar, Acquiescence, Sono, andylsun, elhav, RadarScope1, LiquidMetal14, Despera, MrCookiepants, qa_engineer, Wolff, BurnOutBrighter, TheHater, gketter, IncandescentPrecept, 10K, televator, unknownstranger, SquiddyCracker, Riderz1337, tensuke, Admiral Woofington, Tomshoe, Rogue_Ledr, makingmusic476, SiteSeer, Lernaen, Rusty Nails, 93xfan, Uncle Rupee, odhiex, The Spoony Hou, Zulithe, UrbanRats, DemurOnion, Cisce, JawzPause, farmerboy, Kenny Linder, Mush, Citizen_Insane, bigboss370, Lacedaemon, Maragidyne, nbnt, mcz117chief, Grassy, kaako, gl0w, Garland7G, Triggerhappytel, chicko1983, Asd202, Don'tBeWeird, lifa-cobex, yurinka, killatopak, Donthizz#, Chaostar, Empty, ocean, joshcryer, The_Inquisitor, Eletric Kaibutsu, Chaser, Fatal Error, Insane Metal, LookAtMeGo, SniperHunter, Taco_Human, Spongebob, ikariX, Sodding_Gamer, Tetranet, Kane1345, boingball, Kashin, Famassu, raviolico, CaptainMellow, Simon, cornerman, GarciaHotspur, Visualante2, WITHE1982, Dambrosi, Huggers, FantasticMrFoxdie, sector4, OnionPowder, Sporad, EXPzero, [NaK], Fushichou187, Cosmozone, angelcage87, PapaJustify, travisbickle, Twilight Princess, Horse, DarkoMaledictus, qa_engineer, HueyFreeman, blitzwolf215, njean777, Rebel Leader, Asd202, paperheart, zeromcd73, zeopower6, DracoBlade, Phlebas, Blinck

I think non believers like myself deserve some sort of anti membership for trying to get you guys to see the light. IT'S DEAD!

I'll gladly eat crow if it ever comes out. I almost got a ps triple for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom