• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU remake narrowly #1 in UK physical charts (sells half of last weeks Saints row)

GHG

it was shared on here a few months ago. Ill try locate it.

Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

I legit cant find it, I am sure it was on here where it listed titles like ratchet and clank etc that had a 30 percent or so digital split. Maybe my green rat mind completely imagined it and was just wishing it existed, I take the L.

I have no idea what thread it was in and where but I thought i'd seen it.

Mr Moose

Even on amazon UK its only got a handful of reviews and damn, they ain't pretty. Purely about the price.

This ain't going down well.

People leaving reviews that haven't even bought the game, check those 1 stars.
None are verified and two of them say they didn't buy it. Might as well rely on shitty Metacritic user reviews.

It’s too expensive and we’ve all already played it.
It's too expensive for those who already played it. Otherwise the price is fine for its quality, not different to other games.
But Sony should have had an upgrade option with a lower price tag. I guess more people would have tolerated to pay 10, 20 or 30 bucks to get an upgrade of their PS3 or PS4 digital game. Having the disk as a license key, should also work for physical owners for the same deal.
Sony should have made two products. One for newcomers, one for already fans.

fermcr

all these noises for an old game remake cant imagine gow ragnarok its gona be huge

people like fermcr fermcr DenchDeckard DenchDeckard and Bernd Lauert Bernd Lauert gona be more triggered sweating their pants:messenger_beaming:

One copy isn't enough. You should purchase 10 copies of TLOU remake, and 20 copies of ragnarok when released...
Better yet, might as well just give your money to Sony directly. Sony accepts donations.

Sony fanboys remind me of Apple fanboys...

The bizarre narrative Xbox warriors have concocted that games sell more/better digitally on their platform over PS is clutching at straws at this point. More people might buy physical on PS but there's still more digital buyers on multiplat games than Xbox on non gamepass games.
Here's just the most recent example:

Stay strong, soldier.

Airbus Jr

Banned
One copy isn't enough. You should purchase 10 copies of TLOU remake, and 20 copies of ragnarok when released...
Better yet, might as well just give your money to Sony directly. Sony accepts donations.

Sony fanboys remind me of Apple fanboys...
Nah i didnt buy this game

But you do your think ( acussing everyone mindless fanboy)

Hahaha...

Last edited:
Here's just the most recent example:

Stay strong, soldier.

So you got nothing as usual. A tweet off Twitter with zero source or figures.
Funnily enough the guy you posted even says it's a rare occurrence that Xbox outsold playstation.
Since for the last 9 years nearly every multiplat has outsold on PS.
It's amazing how you use saints row as your barometer because a minute ago it was 'pathetic' TLOU hasn't outsold it.

How many times do you repeatedly dodge questions?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The bizarre narrative Xbox warriors have concocted that games sell more/better digitally on their platform over PS is clutching at straws at this point. More people might buy physical on PS but there's still more digital buyers on multiplat games than Xbox on non gamepass games.

It's not bizarre, we don't really get a lot of breakdowns like that, Elden Rings is the only one where we got something like that in this year and just for one territory but we can use that as an example at least.

PS4+5 accounted for ~40% of total ER sales and half of those were digital. Xbox (assuming includes both Series and One) accounted for ~30% and 85% of those were digital

50% of 40 = 20% of total ER sales were digital on PS4+5
85% of 30 = 25.5% of total ER sales were digital on Xbox

It may not be the same kind of divide for every single release, but it's a safer bet that a much bigger majority of Xbox sales are digital (and thus don't get tracked as frequently) compared to digital sales on PS in this one region.

It's not bizarre, we don't really get a lot of breakdowns like that, Elden Rings is the only one where we got something like that in this year and just for one territory but we can use that as an example at least.

PS4+5 accounted for ~40% of total ER sales and half of those were digital. Xbox (assuming includes both Series and One) accounted for ~30% and 85% of those were digital

50% of 40 = 20% of total ER sales were digital on PS4+5
85% of 30 = 25.5% of total ER sales were digital on Xbox

It may not be the same kind of divide for every single release, but it's a safer bet that a much bigger majority of Xbox sales are digital (and thus don't get tracked as frequently) compared to digital sales on PS in this one region.
Thank you. I'm not disputing that. Old bernd here has frequently claimed that games sell better and out sell ps on Xbox digitally. Despite never backing up his dubious claims. Even times when we've seen games sell 80/20 percent split.

Bragging about your platform selling games mostly digitally is nothing to argue about since they usually cost more anyway.

No, I said that relatively speaking, they sell more digitally than physically compared to PS. There are plenty of examples for that, see Saints Row as the most recent one.
Im not jsut talking about now. I I said you frequently make the claim yet without ever any evidence. You legit think that lets just say cod modern warfare for example sold equally because of the high digital copies we can't see on Xbox apparently being sold.

As I said your Saint row example is funny. Because the guy you use as evidence also says it's usually the other way round.

MrA

But why are you telling everyone, for certain, without including negative external factors, that new releases are skewed towards physical?

Your very example is why they may not, considering the industry’s climate. 50/50 isn’t skewed towards any side if that’s your analogy.

I’d say I purchase 75% digital at this point. A lot of that had to do with the pandemic, but also to evade regional taxing (until they began for me 2 years).

No one knows about the TLOU remake currently, we don’t even have a week’s worth of data yet.
considering the number claiming physical sales don't matter and then constantly bringing up 80% digital when it simply isn't the case, funny you have little intereset in questioning them when they are straight up statistically wrong.
Horizon and Elden rings are 2 pretty standard examples and 50/50 at launch, and that is with the loaded data or well-preloaded games, whereas physical pre-orders won't count till paid in full. The physical will increase the portion during the following weeks, as digital buyers at launch are the least willing to wait then the holiday season is more heavily physical, we'll see the portion of physical sales rough double and that is the biggest single quarter for software.
I don't get why your ego is so tied into the sales of an expensive feature poor (no factions, big deal) graphics upgrade of an admittedly excellent game, it didn't sell a huge number of copies physically, it's unlikely it did digitally either.
as far as the week's worth of data, yes that's always valid especially if sony choose to bundle it free with millions of pieces of hardware like they do with many of their big releases.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Im not jsut talking about now. I I said you frequently make the claim yet without ever any evidence. You legit think that lets just say cod modern warfare for example sold equally because of the high digital copies we can't see on Xbox apparently being sold.

As I said your Saint row example is funny. Because the guy you use as evidence also says it's usually the other way round.

People like Chris Dring have said that more Xbox users buy digital. It's not a claim that isnt backed up by sales people.

Top Bottom