• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU Remake PS5 Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher

Gold Member
indexg2k70.gif

You're getting worked up at the wrong person.

Bullshit. You had no business calling me out at all.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bullshit. You had no business calling me out at all.

If you think I was calling you out, you completely misunderstood my post in the first place. Clearly you're being a little too volatile about the situation but go re-read, I posted before you edited your post where you were being needlessly aggressive, to a troll yes, but still.

Topher

Gold Member
If you think I was calling you out, you completely misunderstood my post in the first place. Clearly you're being a little too volatile about the situation but go re-read, I posted before you edited your post where you were being needlessly aggressive, to a troll yes, but still.

Ok....I get that. Obviously I edited for a reason. I rethought what I was saying. But you need to take your own advice into Xbox threads, bro. Just saying. You really shouldn't be pointing fingers here.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I get that but why not complain about the troll as well?

why feed them and propagate their point in the first place .. that just keeps the discussion going, and regardless slimy was being slimy but he isn't being aggressive towards other users.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why didn't they wait until Factions was ready to release this with that at the same time.

Factions is suppose to come out next year and so is the HBO Show so why rush this out this year? Very strange move ....

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
We all know how awesome seeing
the giraffe
is going to be.

I remember people made a big deal out of that back when it came out on PS3 and RE6’s logo had on its cover too. Lol

What I don't get is why didn't they wait until Factions was ready to release this with that at the same time.

Factions is suppose to come out next year and so is factions so why rush this out this year? Very strange move ....
I think is a myth that publishers will hold (willing) a finished game.

Second. Factions is bigger that some people think...and the chances to not be ready by next year are quite high.

Dutchy

[/URL]

Calling this a remake should give a death sentence
That looks incredible to me.

A lot of these 'remakes' completely change the game on a fundemental level. Often for the worse.

RE2, Oddworld New and Tasty, Halo CEA. Just to name a couple off the top of my head.

I'd rather have my remakes a little closer to home. While still going above and beyond a simple resolution and fps boost. This looks exactly like that.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Even the massive naughty dog with their unlimited budgets and naughty god status have been struggling in recent years imo. This is nit what this game deserved, if you are going to green light it. I don't know if its sonys fault or naughty dogs but someone's to blame here. It's just a pointless project and actually makes it look worse than it should...

..if this is final code that is...this is the same game down to its core...with improved gun upgrade animations....

Should be on ps4 and definitely PC day one...

....oh and like 30 to 40 dollars.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yeah. No P2 melee. No P2 motion matching animations. No P2 AI. No P2 enemy callouts. I am struggling to see what they actually added here. It is 1:1 copy of the Remaster.

Yep. This looks like a straight up coat of new paint and nothing else.

Great if you’re a PC player, but if you have already bought and paid for this game on PS4 or PS3, and you’re happy to drop full price on a game that is absolutely no different other than graphics... you’re a fucking mug.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I didn't see the enhancements ND was referring to in the leaks, but there is more to the gameplay in the original game than those two videos show. So we still know little more than we did before.

Ah, okay. 2 full encounters with human enemies is not enough. 👌👌👌 Let's wait for more leaks. The floodgates seem to be wide open so my guess is that we won't have to wait long.

GooseMan69

Damn. Didn’t realize the game was two minutes long.

My dude, it’s using all the same animations as the PS3 version. The AI looks to have the same problems as the original, despite ND making massive strides in that category in their most recent titles. That tells me it’s just straight up the same game with a fresh cost of paint (aka a remaster, not a remake). No dodge, no prone, etc. This is a $70 PS5 game that absolutely pales in comparison to Part II (a PS4 game).

Lazy, lazy, lazy. I say this as someone who loves Naughty Dog games. I loved Part II despite the controversy. I think it has the best third person action mechanics ever. Bar none. Best AI, best encounter design, best animation. This on the other land, looks like a blatant cash grab. The devs can say whatever they want on Twitter. They upgraded the lighting, textures, and character models. That’s literally it. Charging $70 for that is fucking heinous.

Topher

Gold Member
Ah, okay. 2 full encounters with human enemies is not enough. 👌👌👌 Let's wait for more leaks. The floodgates seem to be wide open so my guess is that we won't have to wait long.

No, it is not enough. Not for me anyway. It would be more helpful if we saw the same encounters were shown from the original game to compare. Also would be helpful if we saw the stealth aspects and not just enemy engagements.

My dude, it’s using all the same animations as the PS3 version.

We don't know from what point in the development these videos are taken from.

Last edited:
Even the massive naughty dog with their unlimited budgets and naughty god status have been struggling in recent years imo. This is nit what this game deserved, if you are going to green light it. I don't know if its sonys fault or naughty dogs but someone's to blame here. It's just a pointless project and actually makes it look worse than it should...

..if this is final code that is...this is the same game down to its core...with improved gun upgrade animations....

Should be on ps4 and definitely PC day one...

....oh and like 30 to 40 dollars.
Should be at most a 20 dollar upgrade to people who owned tlou 1 remastered I agree and thats really pushing it already. Steam peeps get to pay full price for it of course.

GooseMan69

No, it is not. It would be more helpful if we saw the same encounters were shown from the original game to compare. Also would be helpful we saw the stealth aspects and not just enemy engagements.

We don't know from what point in the development these videos are taken from.

Guy who leaked it says it’s the most recent build. And even if it’s not, idk man. “Old build” is almost always copium, along with muh day one patch.

Topher

Gold Member
Guy who leaked it says it’s the most recent build. And even if it’s not, idk man. “Old build” is almost always copium, along with muh day one patch.

Meh.....it is two months till the game launches. We will know the truth soon enough.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
No, it is not enough. Not for me anyway. It would be more helpful if we saw the same encounters were shown from the original game to compare. Also would be helpful if we saw the stealth aspects and not just enemy engagements.

There you go. Do your comparison. Timestamped for your convenience. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Car garage

Library

Meh.....it is two months till the game launches. We will know the truth soon enough.

The game is finished. It went gold.

Topher

Gold Member
There you go. Do your comparison. Timestamped for your convenience. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Car garage

Library

Thanks. Yep. Those encounters haven't changed much, if final. If that is the case for the rest of the game then ND is going to get raked over the coals.

The game is finished. It went gold.

Correct. Are we seeing the finished product in these leaks? Don't know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom