• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU Remake PS5 Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses85

To be honest, this is the best marketing the game could get. Everybody is blaming about the grapical fidelity and IA and the internet is melting.

If this is planned and ND can show a better Version.
boom smile GIF

Bullets-hurt

Neo Member
Really disappointing, really wanted the improved AI, proneing and melee combat. Graphics from the original still hold up fine. Not paying £70 for this.

I'm sure this took a lot of dev hours but this is a really unambitious remake... This seems to be the absolute minimum viable product to release a PC port being resold to fans for full price.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

I wonder if there are still no female hunters or FEDRA soldiers as an enemy type. Back when the og version came out the excuse was "technical limitations" or some shit but now it'd probably be because they thought it'd be "yikes" and a "bad look" if big man Joel was throwing haymakers at women. I suppose they would've had to record new voiceovers for them too.

Last edited:

Hugare

TLOU is one of my favorite games, finished it 5 times or so on PS3 and PS4

I know for sure after watching these videos that they havent touched the combat and animations at all

This is so disappointing

Why bother updating models, textures and environments if characters will animate like a game from 2013?

ChiefDada

Gold Member
To be honest, this is the best marketing the game could get. Everybody is blaming about the grapical fidelity and IA and the internet is melting.

If this is planned and ND can show a better Version.
boom smile GIF

I typically avoid thinking in such a conspiratorial way like this but such thoughts came when I saw the gameplay leak. I'd be shocked that so many devs would classify there time working on it as a labor of love and "meticulously crafted" to have what we're seeing be the final product. I mean ND themselves mentioned they would be sharing more about the new tech that went into the remake. I don't see much of anything that's new here.

I still think a big showcase is coming in August with TLOU and Ragnarok in depth gameplay. We shall all know what's what soon enough.

Shit, getting some heavy Starfield vibes with this statement.
I don't remember anyone saying that it's out of bounds to criticize Starfield for not showing gameplay though. And the gameplay we saw is pretty much exactly what I expected. A lot of people have some weirdly inflated expectations about Bethesda though so the drama is funny I guess.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't remember anyone saying that it's out of bounds to criticize Starfield for not showing gameplay though. And the gameplay we saw is pretty much exactly what I expected. A lot of people have some weirdly inflated expectations about Bethesda though so the drama is funny I guess.
Of course not. Yet people had defense/criticism for a no gameplay preorder open release date given games. Happens all the time.

There will more than likely be a SoP for this next month. Gamers are the most hypocritical trolling amnesia crowd next to political hacks.

Last edited:
Of course not. Yet people had defense for a no gameplay preorder open release date given games. Happens all the time.

There will more than likely be a SoP for this next month. Gamers are the most trolling amnesia crowd next to political hacks.
I honestly don't even remember people talking about pre-ordering it since it's coming to Gamepass. But I'm sorry Starfield fans are so shitty ... I guess. 🤷‍♂️

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
SlimySnake SlimySnake if DF ranks TLOU Remake as top 1 or 2 best graphics of 2022, will you promise to keep your current avatar forever???😆
DF are hacks who couldnt even give two shits about the state of the Performance mode in HFW.

I hope to god this is an older build. I hope the game looks better than TLOU2. I dont know why you feel the need to have an Avatar bet on this. I am a Naughty Dog fan. I have defended these fools for two years on this board even giving TLOU2 my GOTY simply because of their technical achievements. I dont want them to fail. However, I am not going to sit here and pretend that this is next gen. I am not going to pretend that this game is the best they can do. or that they should be charging $70 for what is clearly a last gen game. If the game looks like shit, yes I will point it out. That is what EVERYONE here should be doing.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
DF are hacks who couldnt even give two shits about the state of the Performance mode in HFW.

I hope to god this is an older build. I hope the game looks better than TLOU2. I dont know why you feel the need to have an Avatar bet on this. I am a Naughty Dog fan. I have defended these fools for two years on this board even giving TLOU2 my GOTY simply because of their technical achievements. I dont want them to fail. However, I am not going to sit here and pretend that this is next gen. I am not going to pretend that this game is the best they can do. or that they should be charging $70 for what is clearly a last gen game. If the game looks like shit, yes I will point it out. That is what EVERYONE here should be doing.

Heyyy I wasn't being serious, I admire your passion on these issues, even if it sometimes leads you to make outlandish claims ("the leaked gameplay looks like ps3"). Just giving you a hard time. Sorry, I promise not to bother you anymore until Sept. 2nd😂

SlimySnake

That's the bar for being a hack eh?
Their job as tech journalists is to hold devs responsible for poor performance. They glossed over it to not piss off GG and burn their relationship with Sony. That is the definition of a hack.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
It's one thing to analyze leaks and comment on how it looks compared to prior games, but it's a completely different low level when you call game developers liars and lazy based off of an unapproved vertical slice of a future release. Do people think a polished AAA game is created at the press of a button without countless iterations or what???

Shit, getting some heavy Starfield vibes with this statement.
Starfield is 8-10 months away and I remember people from a certain group giving that game absolutely no slack for showing gameplay during E3 with unstable framerate. Why are people much more willing to forgive this remaster when it's only 2 months away and the only gameplay we've seen is from a leaker. Gaf gonna gaf...

iorek21

Looks good on some parts, not great on others...

They really need to come out and tell us the gameplay changes, if any.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Starfield is 8-10 months away and I remember people from a certain group giving that game absolutely no slack for showing gameplay during E3 with unstable framerate. Why are people much more willing to forgive this remaster when it's only 2 months away and the only gameplay we've seen is from a leaker. Gaf gonna gaf...
mike yard no shit GIF by The Nightly Show

And we have the other certain group unable to keep not 1, not 2, but 3 TLoU threads from being at the top of the first page. Hell, they're even arguing about TLoU in unrelated threads 🤣

MtZ9N.gif

Their job as tech journalists is to hold devs responsible for poor performance. They glossed over it to not piss off GG and burn their relationship with Sony. That is the definition of a hack.
That's DF alright. They do this with everyone hyped release. They throw softballs to these devs instead of coming down on what needs coming down on. They're not trustworthy in the slightest.

SlimySnake

First one looks good. Second one not so much.

They shouldve used the PS5's extra horsepower to add hero lighting around characters and used the cutscene models. The game still looks great in cutscenes thanks to the hero lighting and higher quality models.

last-of-us-remake-tess.jpg

tlou.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
First one looks good. Second one not so much.

They shouldve used the PS5's extra horsepower to add hero lighting around characters and used the cutscene models. The game still looks great in cutscenes thanks to the hero lighting and higher quality models.

last-of-us-remake-tess.jpg

tlou.jpg
You don't need hero lighting in every damned game. And my goodness these low res shots with YouTube artifacts galore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom