• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum): website, trailer, 4P online co-op [HD Trailer]

Looks awesome, will get. Platinum is basically the perfect developer to go mine the classic cartoons of childhood and make modern games out of them. Transformers Devastation was excellent and I hope that is their project size for these types of games going forward.

Seeing these nice, time invested, mid budget, actual efforts to this and transformers really raises my salt levels with how dirty they did korra. Darn activision.

Trailer looks great!

Don't care much for the co-op. I wonder if there will be AI teammates for single player.

Not really into TMNT, but I definitely won't be skipping a Platinum game.

RK128

Seeing these nice, time invested, mid budget, actual efforts to this and transformers really raises my salt levels with how dirty they did korra. Darn activision.

Well, Platinum likely only got, say, 4-6 months to get Korra out the door. So, the game being what it is....is impressive in of itself. It was a lower priority for Platinum (was developing Bayonetta 2 and work likely started on Scalebound by this point) and thus, the game reflected that.

Besides, considering how odd the quality levels of Korra was for its entire run, it makes sense the game reflects that; parts are great but parts are flawed as well.

Coda

Hmm looks pretty cool but it's hard to tell what the combat is like from the quick cuts and bad quality of the video.

Unit24

How would that even work?

I don't know, Transformers had one, and I'm hoping it doesn't become part of their format for licensed Activision games. I just want the game to be already balanced, with no stat upgrades to ruin everything and break the game.

Offtopic but I can see Platinum getting a chance at making a spiderman game at the rate activision is giving them the chance at every IP they have.

RK128

Offtopic but I can see Platinum getting a chance at making a spiderman game at the rate activision is giving them the chance at every IP they have.

It really depends on Marvel but if they are cool with Activision making a game based on the upcoming Spider-Man film, I'm sure they will give it to Platinum :).

I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on that right now XD!

Well, Platinum likely only got, say, 4-6 months to get Korra out the door. So, the game being what it is....is impressive in of itself. It was a lower priority for Platinum (was developing Bayonetta 2 and work likely started on Scalebound by this point) and thus, the game reflected that.

Besides, considering how odd the quality levels of Korra was for its entire run, it makes sense the game reflects that; parts are great but parts are flawed as well.
Yea i know full well how it went just incredibly salty if there were two shows that nick has that deserves nice games it's definitely avatar and ninja turtles. At least one seems to be happening because so far this looks great

RK128

Yea i know full well how it went just incredibly salty if there were two shows that nick has that deserves nice games it's definitely avatar and ninja turtles. At least one seems to be happening because so far this looks great

I agree, I would of loved a proper Avatar game by Platinum but for what the game was......it could of been a lot worse honestly. A simple, budget title from a studio that is known to make great games; has issues but overall appears to be okay at best.

Its great that TMNT is getting a great game from Platinum, so like you said, its good one of the two major TV shows Nick put out in recent years is being treated well.

Mit-

Why hasn't Nintendo hired these guys to make an F-Zero or StarFox action game :|

Just start handing them shit. They're good with that.

jmizzal

Online multiplayer 1 - 4
Online co-op 2 - 4

Why are both listed? Does that mean it will have a battle mode where we can fight as the Turtles and all the villains and other characters?

Sou Da

Is that a Street Shark they're fighting in the trailer? JAWSOME!

Bludgeon. Has a pretty cool relationship with a bird lady.

latest

If it wasn't a hammerhead in the trailer then it's probably Armaggon.

Mizerman

Why hasn't Nintendo hired these guys to make an F-Zero or StarFox action game :|

Just start handing them shit. They're good with that.

Well, they are doing Star Fox Zero. I would like it if they did an action game with Captain Falcon, though.

I love that the trailer features PlatinumGames' involvement so prominently.

Activision must be absolutely smitten with them. Each new game in this lovely relationship seems to handily one-up the prior one, and that seems to come down to Activision trusting Platinum with higher budgets and longer development cycles.

Top Bottom