• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum): website, trailer, 4P online co-op [HD Trailer]

This looks awesome! I can't wait to get into some turtle action really glad Activision is giving Platinum some good ips to work with. It makes me wonder how many ips Activision has waiting in line for platinum to make a game for.

biteren

i wont say that Rocksteady is a bad choice for this game, but its hard to complain when you see that Platinum Games logo

Hell yes! Looks awesome and wasn't expecting Armaggon to be in this but hopefully that means a ton of other TMNT villians are in!

Zomba13

Looks great. Will end up with a short campaign like Transformers but hopefully it has the depth with the combat and weapons and abilities. Plus four turtles = four characters = four playthroughs for me. Loved the turtles as a kid. Gonna wreck shit as Donatello.

Looking forward to co-op. I looooooooved the co-op in Bayonetta 2 and being able to go through a campaign wrecking shit with other people is super appealing.

I kinda wish Platinum got another go with Avatar. They've seemed to got this down (the quick, cheap but good licensed action game). Would be awesome to get Avatar done right (as in more enemy variety and a better story. If they can't use Korra post the series ending then give us an Aang game.

biteren

Looks great. Will end up with a short campaign like Transformers but hopefully it has the depth with the combat and weapons and abilities. Plus four turtles = four characters = four playthroughs for me. Loved the turtles as a kid. Gonna wreck shit as Donatello.

Looking forward to co-op. I looooooooved the co-op in Bayonetta 2 and being able to go through a campaign wrecking shit with other people is super appealing.

I kinda wish Platinum got another go with Avatar. They've seemed to got this down (the quick, cheap but good licensed action game). Would be awesome to get Avatar done right (as in more enemy variety and a better story. If they can't use Korra post the series ending then give us an Aang game.

i hope they add challenge missions like in devastation

Yes yes yes!!! Air,water,earth,fire...fan and sword! Lol. A nice avatar game its all i want

It was rated in Brazil three months ago, but website doesn't say anything about a PC version.

This game was part of the helpdesk leak (unless there is another TMNT game coming out?) and someone has definitely been working on it recently. https://steamdb.info/app/338400/history/. There are also costume pack DLCs set up for it:

https://steamdb.info/app/395280/subs/

https://steamdb.info/app/395281/subs/

It is possible this game doesn't come to PC but it seems unlikely.

HardRojo

This looks awesome! I can't wait to get into some turtle action really glad Activision is giving Platinum some good ips to work with. It makes me wonder how many ips Activision has waiting in line for platinum to make a game for.

Crash.
BELIEVE!

I got mine while watching the trailer.

As a non-native English speaker, I'm ashamed to say it took me about 4 seconds to get the joke.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hopefully a game that isn't terrible. Outside of a fairly decent GBA game almost a decade ago now, it's been a healthy dose of misses.

What about the trailer you just watched makes it look like a miss?

RK128

Never played that.

There is just nothing in this teaser that shows anything different than what they have been trying to do with this drowned franchise since the early 00s.

You might need to look closer then, as the leaked trailer clearly shows its filled with fun co-op action combat. If you don't want.....then I guess the TMNT series isn't for you :(.

I feel that you should wait until more gameplay for this game comes out before you completely write it off; its open world elements might be the thing that makes you enjoy this more then the other TMNT games on the market.

Edit: I'm sorry if my tone was harsher then I intended it to be X(. If you want an idea why people love Platinum games, give Metal Gear Rising a shot; one of my favorite games by them. The action in that game mirrors a lot of the other games they create, so it will give you an idea how TMNT will play in some fashion (how combos work, ect).

No Offline Co-op? Pass will wait for a sale

Also shark boss reminded me of
latest

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Online co-op means I'll spend dollars on a TNMT product for the first time since like 1995!

Pachinko

First they came out with Korra and I didn't buy it because it looked a bit shallow ... then they released Transformers and I didn't buy it because I wasn't THAT big of a transformers fan...

but this ... THIS is what I'm talking about. I'll be grabbing this one for sure. Wonder how short it will end up being though ? looked like there's at least 4 bosses just from the trailer Armaggon , Bebop, Rocksteady and some sort of robot ... well obviously Shredder eventually too. Hopefully there's like 8 or 9 decent little levels to run through.

RK128

No Offline Co-op? Pass will wait for a sale

Considering the game is likely 60FPS (or mostly stays above 30FPS) like other Platinum games, local co-op wouldn't of been possible. Maybe they could make it a PS4/X1 only feature and are waiting to talk about that once more information releases.

duckroll

TBH, I think the trailer is pretty bad for someone looking to see if there's a good game here. The only reason people seem excited is because Platinum gameplay always delivers and the trailer shows that the game looks pretty good graphically and showcases a number of bosses we are excited to fight. The way Activision actually cuts these trailers are pretty awful for general audiences. Transformers Devastation looked like an arena brawler to people who weren't familar with Platinum or character action games, and this looks like, I dunno, a bunch of combos and cutscenes? It shows nothing in way of actual level design, progression, the activities and minigames hinted at in the achievements, etc. Doesn't even really show move sets much.

TreIII

You might need to look closer then, as the leaked trailer clearly shows its filled with fun co-op action combat. If you don't want.....then I guess the TMNT series isn't for you :(

Hahaha, Sanjuro is one of the more hardcore TMNT fans I've encountered on this board. But if he's not a Platinumgames fan or is otherwise unfamiliar with their catalog, then he wouldn't have reason to be hyped.

Hopefully, more will be shown to showcase why a lot of us are hyped about this.

RK128

Hahaha, Sanjuro is one of the more hardcore TMNT fans I've encountered on this board. But if he's not a Platinumgames fan or is otherwise familiar with their catalog, then he wouldn't have reason to be hyped.

I feel bad for that post now :(.

Zomba13

i hope they add challenge missions like in devastation

I hope they have them and online versions (either the same ones or separate ones). I love the co-op in Bayonetta 2 and that was all basically challenge rooms and boss fights and it was great.

LiK

Never played that.

There is just nothing in this teaser that shows anything different than what they have been trying to do with this drowned franchise since the early 00s.

YOU MUST PLAY IT. TF: Devastation is pretty awesome.

Sanjuro

Hahaha, Sanjuro is one of the more hardcore TMNT fans I've encountered on this board. But if he's not a Platinumgames fan or is otherwise unfamiliar with their catalog, then he wouldn't have reason to be hyped.

Yeah. I have no idea of their track record. It's just gotten depressing to this point, so I'm not getting worked up about anything until I see something drastically different.

I mean...if they simply remove catch phrases during combat this game will already be 30% better. I'll be the stick, you be the ball better!

Top Bottom