• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMZ: Carrie Fisher suffers cardiac arrest on plane (Up: in ICU, condition unknown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDHarbs

landscape-1471607766-star-was-leia-new-hope-what-alderaan-death-star-destruction.gif

Worst year keeps getting worse.

Who gives a shit? The last thing anybody should care about is the status of the movies. Her quality of life is all that matters at this point.

Edit- you know what. Fuck anybody discussing that. Selfish and shameful.

As of now, we know zero about her quality of life or what is going on. In this circumstance it's normal for conversations to drift. It's not neccesarily "shameful" or "disrespectful". What do you want people to talk about when we know nothing?

Chumley

Banned
She is a human being.

She is not your monkey.

I know that it is "cool" and "hip" to be mythologizing some Big Bad Physical version of 2016, but come the fuck on.

That's just hugely disrespectful.

What the hell are you talking about? Posts like that are upset because she's a person they care about in a year full of bad shit happening. You're putting intentions and words in people's mouths just to get upset, come the fuck on.

I'd really like to caution that people stop lashing out at grief that is perceived to be inappropriate. If something is obviously mean-spirited then by all means call it out (or better yet let us know) because we don't need people being jerks in response to sad news. But we also don't need to obsess over propriety either. A lot of this stuff is just kind of stream of consciousness attempts wherein people feel like they should say something but don't really know how to articulate a meaningful response. We should really give people the benefit of the doubt that they're acting in good faith and let some stuff slide.

Sheroking

This reminds me of the Jerry Lawler heart-attack incident. Particularly how long medical professionals had to work on her.

Hopefully it has the same happy ending.

Ambient80

Another word of caution: "Stable condition" essentially means she's not in immediate danger of passing away. It does not have any bearing on what effects this may have had on her. I cautioned before that her being down for so long did not definitely mean she was going to be severely deficit, And this is sort of the other side of that coin. Stable is not totally fine.

Still need more info.

Holy shit wow... I know this might sound outlandish, but Carrie Fisher in her role as Princess Leia totally had a huge impact as me as a kid and Star Wars in general just really positively affected my development when I was young.

I really hope she pulls through. I would miss her so much. She seems like such a lovely person in interviews and such. She's just so sincere and genuine. We love you Carrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom