• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMZ: Carrie Fisher suffers cardiac arrest on plane (Up: in ICU, condition unknown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure others noticed. I wasn't paying attention.

I also met Steve Wozniac and Ridley Scott at that Best Buy. Soon as I saw Ridley (who was with his hawt daughter, buying her a PDA for school IIRC), I ran over to the DVD section, grabbed a director's cut Blade Runner, unwrapped it, and got him to sign it for me, then paid for the DVD afterwards. LOLZ

How was he? Was he annoyed that you asked for his autograph?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It's already been explained, why the generic "she is in stable condition" doesn't mean she's okay.

I wish people would stop speculating that she is in a coma or brain dead or whatever. Just deal with the facts and wish her all the best.

lenovox1

It's already been explained, why the generic "she is in stable condition" doesn't mean she's okay.

Her mother probably doesn't know any more about her condition than we do at this point. It's okay for her fans not to worry about her until more information is known.

Her mother probably doesn't know any more about her condition than we do at this point. It's okay for her fans not to worry about her until more information is known.

Within 24 hours they will probably start doing tests to see the extent of the damage.

It may take weeks to know if and how well she can recover but surviving the first 2-3 days is a good first step.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Since it's her mother saying it, and because the phrase is commonly used to express that someone is doing well, I'm just going to assume she's doing okay now.

RedHill

Banned
This is the dumbest thing I've read today tbqh. Sure stable doesn't mean okay but who genuinely says "her mother doesn't know more than the general public."

sphinx

the piano man
her mom just repeated what she was told from doctors,

she's in stable condition.

while encouraging, there's no reason to celebrate.

the sentence sounds like a way of expressing in a couple of words "she breathes and has a pulse, she's not awake and/or conscious, we are running test to asses the situation, nothing more to say at the moment"

we'll have to wait, I hope she pulls through

Liamario

Banned
her mom just repeated what she was told from doctors,

she's in stable condition.

while encouraging, there's no reason to celebrate.

the sentence sounds like a way of expressing in a couple of words "she breathes and has a pulse, she's not awake and/or conscious, we are running test to asses the situation, nothing more to say at the moment"

we'll have to wait, I hope she pulls through

Indeed. Best to reserve optimism for when there's something to be optimistic about.

Beefy

Are we really going to have a flood of posts trying to hamper moods everytime we get an update?

I would rather have leveled view of how she is, then thinking she is better then she actually is and getting my hopes up. Stable is a decent start but in the long run it means nothing until they start seeing changes and doing more tests.

My uncle was stable in ICU and the died a week later. Until docs get a clearer picture there isn't much they will say apart from being stable or not.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Stable" is good news but it's not a prognosis. I hope with all my heart that her brain has not been badly damaged and that she can recover.

sphinx

the piano man
Are we really going to have a flood of posts trying to hamper moods everytime we get an update?

I am sorry but I learned my lesson with Schumacher,

I remember an update being "Schumacher leaves hospital and goes home". many of us thought he left the hospital walking and happily recovered, turns out he was leaving the hospital completely paralyzed, on a wheelchair and unable to speak.

like I said, hopefully this isn't the same, I really hope, I'll just wait for a more conclusive update.

Unknown to stable condition isnt a positive update?

I mean, it's not a negative update, but realistically "stable" doesn't mean much. It pretty much just means things aren't getting actively worse, and beyond that it's still unknown. So it's worth noting to people that this isn't some grand good news that means everything is all fine and well, because we still know next to nothing.

But what does it hurt if people get a little hope? I understand where people are coming from...but still. Is it really helping? I want to have hope. If the worst is to happen and we lose her, it won't hurt any more or less depending on where my expectations were. It'll hurt all the same. That's just my two cents.

I mean, it's not a negative update, but realistically "stable" doesn't mean much. It pretty much just means things aren't getting actively worse, and beyond that it's still unknown. So it's worth noting to people that this isn't some grand good news that means everything is all fine and well, because we still know next to nothing.
Yeah true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom