• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TN House of Rep. could expel member today over sexual harassment, Rep. goes nuclear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooo I was helping someone at work. What happened?

So we had the lady defending him, then a couple of other people saying 'He knows what he did. He embarrassed this state. He has to be voted out.'

Then this lady is 'I have questions for Durham. Where is sweet, sweet Durham?' But Durham left. So now she's asking randoms 'Can I ask you the questions I had for Durham to you?'. And she's really fucking sticking to this. But Durham left. And oh my god she wants to really ask her damn questions. Holy shit.

AND SHE'S LIKE 'YOU DIDN'T WANT DURHAM TO BE THERE', BUT NOW THE ASSEMBLY IS LIKE 'WE'RE GONNA CORRECT YOU BITCH, HE VACATED BY HIMSELF, NOW GET BACK ON TRACK TO EXPEL DURHAM'

OH MY GOD

The representatives went in a row of saying basically "fuck em, time to vote." They made a motion to call for a vote. The vote failed because a couple other people wanted to talk. One gave a generic "he's wrong, we need to vote em out" and Rep. Jones had further questions for Durham. Durham during the previous motion walked out of the chamber.

She is definitely doing the equivalent of filibustering. She wants a written rule on a part of their constitution. She is just wasting time...

Now Representative Jones asked for 'Rule 76', but Rule 76 is to enter all rulings into written script! And the scripter corrected her!

Now she's going fully stupid! She wants that sent to her office in writing! And they just skipped over her! They move on!

IIRC Rep. Holt posted a video where he burned a speeding ticket that he got from a traffic camera. Just so you know what he thinks of the rule of law and order.

I don't know why she is going so hard for Durham. Sherry Jones is a D, Durham is an R. The R's want to kick him out, The D's want to kick him out. And playing apologist for Durham is NOT going to play well in her district (Southeast Nashville)

Lady needs to stop. I don't know what vested interest she has...

edit: Feed cut out. What is bald dude talkin about?

I don't know why she is going so hard for Durham. Sherry Jones is a D, Durham is an R. The R's want to kick him out, The D's want to kick him out. And playing apologist for Durham is NOT going to play well in her district (Southeast Nashville)

Lady needs to stop. I don't know what vested interest she has...

Probably thinks highly of herself. "I want to ask him my questions." She probably thought she could be the smoking gun or something.

Holy hell, did this guy really just try to ask if an anonymous victim was in the house?

I wish voters were forced to watch proceedings like this before voting for these jokers.

See? This guy wanted to ask questions, but Durham wasn't there, and didn't press the issue.

OH MAN REP. MITCHELL IS GOING IN

HE'S BURNING THE WHOLE PLACE DOWN.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
They all speak slow as hell when they're asking questions, but as soon as it comes to the voting and explanation of what's happening, suddenly everyone is a damn auctioneer :/

CsP_11xWAAA874C.jpg:large

I don't know much about this but props to the dude saying this is the beginning and there are people in that room that knew and did nothing. I suppose it could just be empty speech, but at least somebody in there is thinking that there's to more to this than just expelling Durham.

studyguy

The two opposing votes

Terri Lynn Weaver (i've met her)

Courtney Rogers

I wonder what wasn't good enough for them.

So the woman who was filibustering and the other speaker who complained they weren't following proper procedure.
Or was Black the one who was saying procedure? Looks like that woman.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's great that he's been removed. Hopefully he won't act like a total coward and leak the names like he threatened to earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom