• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

toco toco - Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2 Remake Directors special

sublimit

Banned

GUESTS Hideaki Itsuno, Kazunori Kadoi, Yasuhiro Anpo - Game Directors

PLACES WE WENT TO:
Capcom Headquarters,
Osaka Junkudo,
Tenmabashi Area,
Osaka Super Potato,
Nipponbashi Area,
Osaka Game Tanteidan,
Nipponbashi Area,
Osaka Rock,
Kitahama Area,
Osaka Yamauchi Nojo,
Namba Area,
Osaka

Another great documentrary from toco toco.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Impressive video. Ever since I was a kid I knew Capcom did action very well. It's what always stood out the most in their games.

Hudo

I can wholeheartedly recommed Toco Toco. That channel (and DF Retro) is one of the best reasons to visit fucking Youtube. They also did a video on Yoko Taro.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
It makes me happy that Itsuno keeps talking about Dragon's Dogma. Hopefully will hear or see something about DD2 soon...

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Anne Ferrero, the Director of the documentaries on Toco Toco, is literally the best I know for this. Her style is so emotional and relaxing that I could watch them for hours on end. I probably watched her video about Yoko Taro 15 times since it was released.

If anyone wants to support their work, I suggest grabbing Branching Paths, their documentary on Japanese indie devs.

Watching this made me smile remembering an evening after Tokyo Game Show last year. I randomly met Hideaki Itsuno and Producer Michiteru Okabe on a super-crowded commuter train from Chiba back to Tokyo. They recognized me and said hi, tanking me for the coverage.

Despite the long day (and two days before) that they had spent across events and interviews, they took the train home like everyone else. It really struck me how humble and friendly they were. Those trains back from TGS are absolute hell in late summer, and honestly, I would have never expected high-profile developers to be on them when there are much more comfy transportation options.

It makes me happy that Itsuno keeps talking about Dragon's Dogma. Hopefully will hear or see something about DD2 soon...

When I interviewed him last TGS, he said what he really would like to do next is Rival Schools 3, though he did also mention DD and a few others.

Last edited:

Belmonte

People like to say the industry is made by heartless execs and devs, people who don't even like videogames. There is some truth in this but they only look for the market giants and ignore how much passion and work more niche games have. The passion for games inside Capcom is palpable, rivalizing even the indies. Call me naive if you want but I don't think this is staged.

Itsuno and all his teams were responsible for so many moments of fun in my life! This sounds more dramatic than I was expecting, my life is ok btw, but seeing how many projects the dude worked made me remember so many good moments. I know I paid for the games but I feel they did way beyond they need to do to be worth the price.

Kudos to toko toko. Awesome video!

Last edited:

Shifty

Oh cool, I've not seen this channel before.

Took me a minute to realise I had to turn on closed captions, but this is great. Good rec!

Top Bottom