• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today is National Love Your Red Hair Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always had a thing for redheads. Probably dates back to my kindergarten crush, Shannon. Freckles and curly red locks.

While they aren't my favorite, back in high school I'd always love to draw Jean Grey, Siryn, Firestar, Hellcat and Mary Jane Watson quite a bit.

Epix

Who is this?

9C3IBxa.jpg

Lorcain

I married a redhead. They're awesome. It absolutely sucks that they represent like 1% of the population. Why does such awesomeness have to be recessive?

Daywalker reporting in. Love that I'm a redhead and would never change it.

Only lousy thing is how thick my hair is. When it gets past a certain length, it's intolerable.

I definitely have a fellow ginger fetish. Would love to end up marrying a redhead to breed true, but forever alone.
9I1LV7e.gif

Stasis

Two of our close couple friends contain redhead females. Does that make us special, percentage-wise?

Redheads are hot. Discovered that as I grew older. Wasn't a fan when I was younger.

Edit: My beard is kinda red. Brown hair. Though that's a lot more common for whatever reason. At least around here (Montreal and area).

I approve of this thread and the females pictured.

Question for fellow male gingers: Do you notice that ginger girls tend to eschew you? Of course it boils down to the individual, but in general I notice I have far more trouble landing a redhead than other girls. I wonder if ginger girls don't like other redhaired guys?

Apathy

OHaUmh6.jpg

the ginger is strong in this family

This would give me the heart attack that killed me if I were the dad. Having to deal all the little shits trying to bang your daughters only cause they are red heads. I don't ever want to have daughters, the stress is too much

I don't have red hair myself, but I think women with red hair are lovely. Guys with red hair...can be hit or miss. Red hair's still the best, though.

Well, I'll be sitting over here with my lame dark brown hair. :[ Toodles.

I hit on just about every redheaded guy on Scruff I come across. It's my kryptonite.

Most of the characters I create in games now are redheads too for the same reason. I might have a problem.

Coolluck

It was the thing I was picked on most about growing up. It's the South Park episode that had the most impact on my life. Seems like most people dig redhead girls like they do Asian girls while the male counterpart doesn't come out so lucky.

Going bald now. I think I must have had a monkey's paw as a kid when I wished I didn't have red hair.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Pale redhead checking in, didn't know this day existed lol...

As far as people mention that redheaded dudes get the sort end of the stick compared to redheaded women, I guess it just depends on the person. I've found some girls a super into it, where as others not so much. I think I've made out fairly well.

My hair has got a bit darker over time, and my freckles on my face mostly disappeared, they still come out in the summer on my arms and legs though. Not sure how that works. But my facial hair is pretty bright orangish-brown if I let it grow out.

Aizo

Banned
This would give me the heart attack that killed me if I were the dad. Having to deal all the little shits trying to bang your daughters only cause they are red heads. I don't ever want to have daughters, the stress is too much
Would you try to stop all the girls trying to have sex with your sons, too? You don't decide who your children have sex with. Such an anachronistic concept.

Would you try to stop all the girls trying to have sex with your sons, too? You don't decide who your children have sex with. Such an anachronistic concept.
Calling it anachronistic is a stretch. To say women aren't preyed on or viewed just as objects by lots of men anymore is viewing life through a very narrow lense.

Aizo

Banned
It's a concept that is stuck in the past and not suited for modern sensibilities.
Edit: It's really not a point worth defending, even if you think anachronistic should only be used completely literally. People need to recognize that treating their daughters that way is gross. Their sex life, as long as they're happy, is not your business. Of course STIs are a concern, but why does a man care about the act of sex between his daughter and another man? So creepy.

It's a concept that is stuck in the past and not suited for modern sensibilities.
Edit: It's really not a point worth defending, even if you think anachronistic should only be used completely literally. People need to recognize that treating their daughters that way is gross. Their sex life, as long as they're happy, is not your business. Of course STIs are a concern, but why does a man care about the act of sex between his daughter and another man? So creepy.
I don't disagree with you but what I'm saying is that is not reality.

jfoul

Xabi Alonso rocks the ginger beard like no other

450160_heroa.jpg

How does the gene work btw? My aunt and uncle both have red hair, but both their children have dirty blonde hair

No idea, I'm blonde/blue eyes, with red facial hair.

Mother, father and brother have brown hair/brown eyes.
Grandparents on my mother's side are brown/brown, black/brown.
Grandparents on my dad's side are black/brown, blonde/blue.
Half brother is dirty blonde/brown.

To be honest, nowhere is it anywhere close to how it is in the UK. Growing up there, even as a tall, strong kid on the rugby team, meant you were mocked and abused endlessly from all directions.

If there is a god, he hates me. Grew up ginger, started going bald at eighteen and now what's left is going grey.

It happens everywhere in the world but nowhere treats it how they do in UK, i really feel sorry for any poor little boy having to grow up with red hair in the UK.
In other parts of Europe it's also viewed differently but nothing on the same level of hatred as the UK.

Browny

Banned
Shirley Manson represent...

-Shirley-Manson-shirley-manson-20508590-354-428.jpg

I too had a huge crush on a redhead in my younger days. And although I'm not a redhead or ginger, if I leave my beard to grow out, it takes on a ginger tone.

Also, Xabi Alonso is a good looking man. As is Sami Zayn.

Wait... was I not supposed to be living my red hair EVERY day? Because that's what I've been doing.

I think we've all been through the stages of hating our red hair for being different and getting bullied then loving the fact we are unique and everyone else can suck it.

mollipen

I think we've all been through the stages of hating our red hair for being different and getting bullied then loving the fact we are unique and everyone else can suck it.

Oh no, of course, I HATED it when I was young. But now that I'm older, I very much appreciate it and embrace my uniqueness. Especially given I've got long, curly red hair that other women are either envying or paying a lot of money to try to get. *heh*

That's why I'm always snippy about people who dye their hair red: they want all of the benefits without ever having suffered through the ownership of it!

Oh no, of course, I HATED it when I was young. But now that I'm older, I very much appreciate it and embrace my uniqueness. Especially given I've got long, curly red hair that other women are either envying or paying a lot of money to try to get. *heh*

That's why I'm always snippy about people who dye their hair red: they want all of the benefits without ever having suffered through the ownership of it!
I find that amusing as well. You give us shit for having red hair then you realize everyone in the world has brown hair and you aren't unique at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom