• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

zulux21

Its really fun to play as the
Business Man
, but it don't seem he can mate... saw no
Business Women
anywhere.

Poor guy...
im playing as the ERC-X Character, it can't mate and doesn't die for age so it's great for co op especially with it's meaty hp and stamina.
Seeing as there is a Complete DLC Pack offered, do you think this week will be the last offering of all DLC for awhile? I have no problem buying the game and the complete DLC pack, but I don't want a DLC Pack 4 to be released in a couple weeks.

i believe all of the creatures that have been released as DLC in japan are now available and in that complete dlc pack. we might get more costume DLC but I don't think there is any more creature dlc.

Archon473

i believe all of the creatures that have been released as DLC in japan are now available and in that complete dlc pack. we might get more costume DLC but I don't think there is any more creature dlc.

Okay, very cool. Is costume DLC purely cosmetic or does it affect stats within the game?

zulux21

Okay, very cool. Is costume DLC purely cosmetic or does it affect stats within the game?

the costumes effect stats in game, best part about the dlc costumes aside from the fact that they have all been free so far is the fact that they also don't wear out (the ones in the game have durability that wears the item down to nothing over time)

I am really hoping for some DLC boots as there aren't any yet and the durability of boots makes them not even worth the effort to equip for me lol.

side note... forgot to mention I finally got my first tux, don't know when I will die yet, I am playing co op with my wife and we are at year 75. we are in a fresh gen and are going to make a dash for the sewers so hopefully we will make it past year 100 this time. I am playing one of the animals that doesn't mate which is making co op easier.

Archon473

Oh wow. I'll likely start with the game and wait on the DLC (if it's not on sale) in case there is a costume bundle released. Thanks for the info.

zulux21

Oh wow. I'll likely start with the game and wait on the DLC (if it's not on sale) in case there is a costume bundle released. Thanks for the info.

in case i didn't post it or if you missed it, so far all of the costumes have been free that are dlc so there isn't much need to wait on those.

zulux21

so what is everyone's best run... I am at 126 years (and counting)
got to year 150 and called it good and let myself die lol

zulux21

Does this game keep track of hours played?

im not sure if it does, but I do know you could figure it out.

each year is one min, and I know the game keep track of how many survival runs you have done and your average amount of years meaning you multiple runs by average years and get something close to play time.

Dizzy

Banned
Bought the latest dlc pack (finally appeared on the store over a day later) and its downloaded 3 characters but not the businessman. Ffs Sony sort out your damn store already.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Bought the latest dlc pack (finally appeared on the store over a day later) and its downloaded 3 characters but not the businessman. Ffs Sony sort out your damn store already.

Yeah, just bought it, same problem. They are really starting to annoy me. Let's see how many weeks it takes them to fix this.

web01

Same problem here and it is very frustrating.
Sony Europe are completely incompetent.
Items from last update are still completely missing.
The new store which is extremely slow and badly organised is also not helping.

Got an answer from the sony service on the salaryman issue.

Short version: The content is available in-game and has usually not to be downloaded LOL

Dizzy

Banned
See I bought the dlc pack, animal bundle 3 or something. Now like a lot of PS 3 games you dont download the pack once its bought, you download the individual characters.

So the sabre-tooth says purchased, the homo-erectus says purchased, the erc says purchased....but the man and the bundle have their price listed. When i click on them they should say "download" but this just lists the price and says add to cart. However the store knows I've bought it because when i click sdd to cart it gives me an error and says it cant do it, doesnt do that for any dlc which i dont own - adds them to cart no probs.

So I go into Tokyo jungle game and theres a question mark where the man should be. When I click on it, it brings up the old store and has that red bag and says download.....but that just takes me to the download list and tells me to download it but its not actually appearing there to download.

I KNEW I shouldnt have bought anything with the store acting the way it was. Not sure if i should email sony or wait and see if this sorts itself out.

Danj

So I bought this game on the PS3 (was thinking about buying the DLC as well but figured I'd better see if I liked the game first - plus I see lots of people in this thread are having trouble with it so maybe it's a good thing I held off) as my gaming PC is out of action till I get a new hard drive.

It bothers me a bit that I have to kill and eat cats :/ I like cats, I'm not a dog person. Also I learned that a Pomeranian cannot take down a hippo.

I think I've only unlocked new animals by completing quests/missions. If you run into an optional boss, try to defeat him (or touch him if you're a herbivore).

Mandoric

Banned
How do you unlock things? Is it a cumulative thing or is there a level of score you have to hit in a single session or whatever?

Each animal has a special bonus mission at the end of its list that unlocks after 2-6 other missions complete and 1-3 generation changes. It's to go to a particular random territory and touch its boss/kill its boss/take over the territory from another (forced aggro) species by marking it.
If you complete that, you unlock the animal you touched/killed/outbred.

Dizzy

Banned
For everyone that had problems with the Businessman DLC on the EU store: it works now.
Awesome. I Should clarify that it has to be downloaded in game first before it fixes itself on the store.

Anyway I finally got to year 100. Had to be cheap and use the erc x. Actually spent most of the time drinking water in the caves in yoyogi park. It worked though. As for what comes at 100....well im on my phone so i cant spoiler tag so I'll just say that wasn't expecting 'that'.

Number45

Wait, there's more to the story if you hit that 100 year mark? Was going to call it quits where I am, but will carry on if so.

I can also confirm that downloading the businessman works through the game character select screen (UK).

Archon473

Something strange occurred during my early survival that left me with a few questions. I was playing a 3rd generation Pomeranian trying to clear the cats from Shibuya Station. I was running along the rooftops fighting cats and eating everything in sight (I passed the 10K calories mark). At some point, I was told I had fleas. I knew you could catch fleas from dirty mates, but this contraction seemed entirely random. There were no ponds on the roof to bathe myself so I continued onward. After a while, my hunger gauge dropped to zero and eating would not refill it. Using items such as pet food did not restore my Hunger gauge, either. I died and my packmate took over... who also had zero Hunger gauge. The area was not toxic and I was killing and eating left and right, but still could not replenish my Hunger gauge. So, my questions:

1. Does having fleas for too long prevent an animal from replenishing its Hunger gauge?
2. Aside from contacting dirty animals, how does one catch fleas? How can you tell if an animal is dirty?
3. Aside from bathing, how does one get rid of fleas?

If fleas had nothing to do with my death, what caused it?

The questions asked when playing this game never cease to amaze and make me lol

Anyways to answer...I think you were dying of old age. You are supposed to mate ever so often, otherwise your pack gets old and won't be able to regain hunger. I'm not sure about the fleas thing. I didn't think you can get fleas any other way.

Archon473

Oh man... I killed a couple Pomeranians on the roof (What!? I wanted to see if I could eat them). From now on, I should probably leave my species alone. Though I didn't control the territory, so I couldn't have mated if I wanted. Thanks for letting me know. This game is rad.

zulux21

The questions asked when playing this game never cease to amaze and make me lol

Anyways to answer...I think you were dying of old age. You are supposed to mate ever so often, otherwise your pack gets old and won't be able to regain hunger. I'm not sure about the fleas thing. I didn't think you can get fleas any other way.

he was definitely dying from old age.
as for flees, I think you can get them randomly as well, aside from bathing there is an item that removes them that can randomly drop, and changing generations gets rid of them, I am not sure if sleeping does or not

Oh man... I killed a couple Pomeranians on the roof (What!? I wanted to see if I could eat them). From now on, I should probably leave my species alone. Though I didn't control the territory, so I couldn't have mated if I wanted. Thanks for letting me know. This game is rad.

while you can't eat your own kind, there are still uses in murdering your own kind. If you need clean kills they are great as they usually don't attack you until you attack them so you can just line up clean kills all day long on your own kind.

Mandoric

Banned
while you can't eat your own kind, there are still uses in murdering your own kind. If you need clean kills they are great as they usually don't attack you until you attack them so you can just line up clean kills all day long on your own kind.

Their corpses also attract other predators, including crows, who are also great for racking up kill count.

Archon473

After drinking from a pool of water, what allows me to drink from the same pool again? I've heard you guys saying you camped in one place during your later years drinking water to stave off hunger. I'm guessing dying and switching pack members or leaving the area resets all water pools, but is there a way I can drink from the same pool multiple times?

Twinduct

Christ almighty. The time it's taking for remote play to be patched in is fucking retarded. At this stage I'd almost believe their cramming in the whole thing into a PS Vita app.

flyover

Okay, cool. I'll time it and see how many years it takes. I'm beginning to hit 40+ years consistently and I want to practice end-game strategies now so I don't end up 80 years old with no chance of breaking 100.

Let us know what you find out. I got the feeling that it takes about a year, but I didn't verify. If that's the case, you can get by for quite a long time in Shibuya Station. It has several pools, and you can always (if you've opened the sewers) duck underground to avoid toxicity.

The only problem is when you need to breed in another territory. The Shibuya Shops have a couple pools, but are sprawling -- making it dangerous to get to all markers. Dogenzaka is small, but (to me) it becomes the biggest death trap in the game after a certain point.

zulux21

Okay, cool. I'll time it and see how many years it takes. I'm beginning to hit 40+ years consistently and I want to practice end-game strategies now so I don't end up 80 years old with no chance of breaking 100.

it takes something like 20 ticks of your hunger gauge before you can drink water again.
if you want to just stall out your time the top left area underground (yosomite or something like that) has fresh water. As long as you have a hunger gauge that is larger than 10 you can just stand in water and repeatedly drink it to keep death from hunger from coming. of course you will die to old age eventually but if you are playing something that
can't die to old age
you can live forever just standing in a puddle of water drinking it when ever it comes back :p

ElFly

Christ almighty. The time it's taking for remote play to be patched in is fucking retarded. At this stage I'd almost believe their cramming in the whole thing into a PS Vita app.

I think remote play is already enabled for the japanese version?

Which means they just aren't bothering to bring it.

Yamibito

Went home over the weekend from Uni so I decided I'd bring my PS3 so I could specifically download this game- downloaded it fine and played it at home all okay. But when I got back to play the game at Uni (where I can't use my PS3 online at all) the game wouldn't launch, said something about a time limit and that I'd have to set the time via internet or something? So am I missing something or is this game not playable online? Because if that's the case I'm really annoyed right now.

Number45

How's the story mode? How long is it?
It's a tough one to answer, because you can't progress through the story without putting some effort into survival mode. If you were to play the story missions back to back you're looking at no more than a few hours - but with the extra time to unlock it can be many times more than that. I think I'd played upwards of 30 hours before finishing up the story mode (and I still haven't seen the final ending).

Top Bottom