• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

dc89

Wow, sure I heard stuff about this game and saw it mentioned a bit on Twitter and the what have you's but I didn't know it actually is this cool!!

Watching some gameplay now, I think I may take the plunge.

Number45

I'm worried that all the random toxic areas that drain your life are going to ruin this for me.
Random toxic areas are to be expected in a post apocalyptic world. :p

Watching the GB quick look though, it takes a fair length of time for the toxicity meter to hit 100% and it's only at 100% that it drains life.

Random toxic areas are to be expected in a post apocalyptic world. :p

Watching the GB quick look though, it takes a fair length of time for the toxicity meter to hit 100% and it's only at 100% that it drains life.

I'm expecting they really messed up in that quick look and toxic areas won't be that that bad. (like maybe if they completed their objectives they ran past something would happen to make that toxic area bareable/passable)

Shinta

Banned
soon-horse-window.jpg

My girlfriend is super sensitive to animals fighting (even in the natural order of things) so I guess this will be one for my days off, so excited though!

What genre is this game? Brawler?

You don't deserve the game. :(

Also, I have no clue about a demo, just watch the giant bomb quick look.

I've watched gameplay footage before... but watching gameplay footage doesn't tell me how the game feels when I'm in control.

Plenty of people raved about Dyad, and gameplay videos looked fantastic (visually, it was hard to tell what was going on). Thank god they put a demo out for it, because I tried it and thought "this isn't for me, I'm glad I didn't just blindly throw $12 at it."

I've watched gameplay footage before... but watching gameplay footage doesn't tell me how the game feels when I'm in control.

Plenty of people raved about Dyad, and gameplay videos looked fantastic (visually, it was hard to tell what was going on). Thank god they put a demo out for it, because I tried it and thought "this isn't for me, I'm glad I didn't just blindly throw $12 at it."

Dyad and Tokyo Jungle do look incredibly similar at first glance. I mean you're right, they're practically the same games.

Celegus

Speaking as a vegan and someone who cares deeply for the humane treatment of all animals... this game looks AWESOME and I can't wait to buy it tonight.

Dyad and Tokyo Jungle do look incredibly similar at first glance. I mean you're right, they're practically the same games.

It doesn't matter what kind of game either of them are. The point is watching someone play the game and playing the game yourself are entirely different experiences.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My wife was like, "I don't like that," when I told her about the game, and how it's a brutal survival of the fittest (or craftiest), but after watching that Giantbomb quick look with me last night, she's like, "this game is AWESOME."

I'll have to pick it up on Friday, when I have the cash for it. Just one more game to add to my backlog. I'm so awful. I have over 100 games on my PS3 right now, and not enough time to play them. Instead, I'm playing Castlevania: SOTN on my Vita. It's not like I've beaten that game hundreds of times already...

Ryuukan

Are all dudebro game threads filled with people concerned about murder but still trying to enjoy the game? Just wondering.

My wife was like, "I don't like that," when I told her about the game, and how it's a brutal survival of the fittest (or craftiest), but after watching that Giantbomb quick look with me last night, she's like, "this game is AWESOME."

I'll have to pick it up on Friday, when I have the cash for it. Just one more game to add to my backlog. I'm so awful. I have over 100 games on my PS3 right now, and not enough time to play them. Instead, I'm playing Castlevania: SOTN on my Vita. It's not like I've beaten that game hundreds of times already...

Oh jeez Fig. That is one heck of a number.
I'm debating if I wanna plunk down the cash for this or just wait till Sonic Adventure 2 comes out next week. Might go halfsies with a friend

PETA AM CRY

Moar animal pics and gifs!

8IEw9.gif

So this game just scored a 9 out of 10 at EuroGamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-24-tokyo-jungle-review

"The point is, Tokyo Jungle is more than just shagging and fighting. All right, so it is just shagging and fighting so you can unlock bigger animals to do more shagging and violenter fighting. And yes, the environments are linear and the archive thing is stupid and the whole thing feels so dated it's hard not to check your watch in case you're missing the start of This Life.
But it's also tremendous fun. It harks back to ye olde video gaymes of yesteryear, when the reward for trawling through long levels or defeating a tough boss was a nice new gun. Nowadays, the reward is a tedious cut-scene in which people who can't move their lips properly explain a plot it is impossible to care about to each other for four hours. In contrast, Tokyo Jungle is a celebration of classic games, with their ridiculous plots, repetitive tasks, excessive violence and all. It pulls off the impressive and nigh-on impossible trick of being an original homage. Also it lets you set a giraffe on a bear."

Read the review. It's pretty hilarious.

:lol I like that you are the one who posted it.

Posted by Man.

Loudninja

For those who have been patiently waiting for TOKYO JUNGLE’S western release, I’m happy to announce that it will finally be available on PSN today for $14.99! We are also releasing DLC animals, a PS3 dynamic theme and free costumes so please make sure to check them out.

I’ve got great news for PlayStation Plus members: You’ll be able to get TOKYO JUNGLE at a 20% discount for two weeks (until October 9th)! In addition, we are giving away four DLC animals for free! These animals will only be free for one week (until October 2nd), so don’t miss out!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/25/venture-into-the-tokyo-jungle-on-psn-today/

Launch trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=olMGk2yfNpI

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Oh jeez Fig. That is one heck of a number.
I'm debating if I wanna plunk down the cash for this or just wait till Sonic Adventure 2 comes out next week. Might go halfsies with a friend

I know, right?

It's a combination of games I've gotten for free from PS+ over the year and a half I've been a member, games I've bought on discount due to PS+, and just games I've wanted, and bought, discount or not.

It's absurd. It's like I'm saving up for some kind of gaming apocalypse where nothing new comes out, but I'll have a backlog of hundreds of games to play. Lol. Ridiculous.

And that still doesn't include my retail games (not nearly as many, but still quite a bit, with some in my backlog; mostly RPGs and open world games like Skyrim, Dragon Age (all of them), Kingdoms of Amalur, Sleeping Dogs, HD Collections, etc.

I think, more than anything, gaming is probably my addiction. If I could by all the games, I'd buy all the games. But hey, at least it's not crack, right?

Right?

Top Bottom