• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

arit

Were there DLC animals in the japanese release or is this just a cheap way to be able to advertise the 15$ price?

Loudninja

For the new page
For those who have been patiently waiting for TOKYO JUNGLE’S western release, I’m happy to announce that it will finally be available on PSN today for $14.99! We are also releasing DLC animals, a PS3 dynamic theme and free costumes so please make sure to check them out.

I’ve got great news for PlayStation Plus members: You’ll be able to get TOKYO JUNGLE at a 20% discount for two weeks (until October 9th)! In addition, we are giving away four DLC animals for free! These animals will only be free for one week (until October 2nd), so don’t miss out!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/25/venture-into-the-tokyo-jungle-on-psn-today/

Launch trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=olMGk2yfNpI

zulux21

I know, right?

It's a combination of games I've gotten for free from PS+ over the year and a half I've been a member, games I've bought on discount due to PS+, and just games I've wanted, and bought, discount or not.

It's absurd. It's like I'm saving up for some kind of gaming apocalypse where nothing new comes out, but I'll have a backlog of hundreds of games to play. Lol. Ridiculous.

And that still doesn't include my retail games (not nearly as many, but still quite a bit, with some in my backlog; mostly RPGs and open world games like Skyrim, Dragon Age (all of them), Kingdoms of Amalur, Sleeping Dogs, HD Collections, etc.

I think, more than anything, gaming is probably my addiction. If I could by all the games, I'd buy all the games. But hey, at least it's not crack, right?

Right?
im in the same boat, but I figure once next gen hits I will be in a decent place as I don't plan to pick up next gen systems any time soon lol. of course I still have over 100 ps2 games to play ><:

The funny thing is that I vaguely know how the game is played, but is it weird I did a media blackout for this? I didn't even watch the Giant Bomb QL. I want to find out myself just how absurd this game gets.

Dreweyes

I needed a TOKYO JUNGLE t-shirt, so I made this parody tee lol...

HeXL5m.jpg

Available here (in multiple colors, sizes, hoodies, etc.) if anyone else wants one:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/drewwise/works/9389766-welcome-to-the-jungle

Twinduct

Remote play support is confirmed and it's how I will play this in the next few days. Will post here how well does it run.

Oh snap! This is the nicer version of remote play right (ala Gow)?
Please post your impressions. I honestly can't sit in front of my PS3 now a days.

Jarnet87

holy crap I thought this was like a full priced title, shocked it is only $15. Will have to check it once I break in FIFA and MoP.

B.O.O.M

This game did exceptionally well in Japan iirc. At full priced retail release too!

I'm starting to get hyped about this now 0_0

Necrovex

I watched the quicklook video, and I'll be picking this up now. It'll be a nice game to play after my Statistics mid-term is over.

Celegus

I hope it's up soon, I'll be home in 30 minutes. Come to think of it, I think the last PSN game I even bought was Scott Pilgrim. So it's been a while since something got me so interested!

arit

Well, if the DLC's up, the game should follow shortly.

Right!?

I hope so, everything else would just be cruel.

EDIT: At least the plush costumes are free for all.

Dynamic Theme $2,99

And the main game is online now:

Normal $14,99, PSN+ $11,99

2458MB Download, no trial.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Already downloaded 11mb within half an hour! Amazing, right! I am too scared to do the math how long downloading this will take me! But! Oh! Well!

Already downloaded 11mb within half an hour! Amazing, right! I am too scared to do the math how long downloading this will take me! But! Oh! Well!
What kind of connection do you have? I hear horror stories about PSN speeds all the time (never experienced slow speeds myself) but 11mb in 30 mins? Something is very wrong there. Lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What kind of connection do you have? I hear horror stories about PSN speeds all the time (never experienced slow speeds myself) but 11mb in 30 mins? Something is very wrong there. Lol

On PC wlan I have download speeds of about 600kB/sec, PS3 Wlan just sucks for me though :( I need to wait until I can steal the ethernet cable from my Torchlight 2 playing Girlfriend (she only plays offline and wont notice it anyway), then the DL will be way, way faster. The PSN Wlan download speed still is ridiculous though. My DSi can download faster than my PS3..

seems like the servers are crap. One piece download is just as slow too. time for our weekly maintenance again.

That may be another issue why its THAT slow, yeah.

seems like the servers are crap. One piece download is just as slow too. time for our weekly maintenance again.

zulux21

I finished the tutorial and already I am sick of the music lol...

yay for the same 3 seconds of music looped over and over and over and over and over... hopefully there is better music in survival mode or I can use custom music (forgot to check lol)

beyond that though the tutorial was decent, the gameplay seems like it will be fun (in a simple yet fulfilling way)

I always feel like I am on a different console than others lol... Tokyo Jungle took me 15 min to download and I download over wireless a good 30 feet and two rooms away from my router. ><:

Toma

I always feel like I am on a different console than others lol... Tokyo Jungle took me 15 min to download and I download over wireless a good 30 feet and two rooms away from my router. ><:

Which PS3 model?

Toma

The ps3 slim that first came out, but even before I owned that and ran it on my fat 60gb model the speeds were pretty much the same.

Hm, weird. Might be an issue with my ISP then.

Top Bottom