• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Prey 2: Pray Harder confirmed (2012) [Update: HAHAHAHA post 107, 430]

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Chris_C said:
I think that critique of game's marketing is totally fine, but spare a thought for the people who make these games and give them the benefit of the doubt before we proclaim that they've abandoned all that made the original unique.

My point is that the derisory OP was made before most reviews were even out, based largely on previews and the arguable opinion that the game had been "dumbed down".

Anyway, we're starting to get somewhat off topic here.

Well arent you fun.

-PXG-

More proof the dev leads and/ or publishers are brain dead, have no balls and lack any semblance of creativity. Bravo.

-PXG- said:
More proof the dev leads and/ or publishers are brain dead, have no balls and are devoid of any semblance of creativity. Bravo.

Or just want to make some money back after their creative first game has failed to meet the expectations.

m360

I loved the first one. It was crazy, disgusting and bizarre. So ... Prey 2. Why not?

But in an Open Alien World? WTF?!?!

-PXG-

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Or just want to make some money back after their creative first game has failed to meet the expectations.
Too bad this will go unnoticed in the sea of Call of Duty clones and other dudebro bullshit.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Originally Posted by Syringe:
I'm the guy writing the article in this issue. Seriously, you've only seen some art and here you are raving as if you know anything at all. Have a little faith here, I highly doubt you'll be disapointed in this game!

raphier said:
Universal Translator: Please buy the issue.

Honestly, How could they contradict a dudebro cover with faith that it's different than it looks?

It's a free magazine, so the quality is very varied and usually pure crap. You can read it for info about the game, but I' recommend waiting for other, credible sources for more tidbits.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
REMEMBER CITADEL said:

I think every more or less thinking person understands that creative =! money. It's not and you're pretty lucky if you have some success. So you either do something creative without thinking of money or you're making money. I don't understand why you should use a creative IP for this.

I can't fucking stand that success influences, or rather regulates creativity. I understand that this is a business first and foremost but caving in to the almighty dollar, sacrificing creativity and not trying fresh ideas is just frustratinG. Prey had a great thing going and I have to say the very beginning was my favorite part. Something about the sense of reality and interactivity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's all well and good, but didn't it hit the bargain bin within the first month?

Pennybags

You know what? I'm going to keep hope.

Sure, the character pictured reeks of spec-ops commando stereotype, but if this is not Tommy I'd imagine that a non-Super Cherokee would need a bit more "help" to deal with the enemies of the first game.

I wouldn't be surprised if this character is some kind member of a "resistance" on the "open alien world", and while the whole "resistance against alien oppressors" is pretty played out, it hasn't been done so much on the green man's home turf.

Either that, or some kind of anti-alien human commando, which would be very disappointing.

As long as I get portals, gravity shifting, and all that jazz, I'll be fine. Vagina doors too.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Wait a second... this is a real game?

Loved the original Prey so I'm happy, even if it's been all Tom Clanc-ified

shuyin_

Banned
Chris_C said:
I think that critique of game's marketing is totally fine, but spare a thought for the people who make these games and give them the benefit of the doubt before we proclaim that they've abandoned all that made the original unique.
Well, my thoughts about the people who make this game is that they shouldn't have transformed Tommy into Sam Fisher from a visual POV.
So what exactly are you saying?

Syringe

raphier said:
Universal Translator: Please buy the issue.

Honestly, How could they contradict a dudebro cover with faith that it's different than it looks?
Gamereactor is a free magazine, so there is no need to buy it for anyone. But feel welcome to pick an issue up at almost any video game retailer in Scandinavia :)

Dyno

Yeah he doesn't need to be dressed up all Ocsar Mike but it's just one picture on one magazine cover. Perhaps we could all be bigger men and see what comes out next.

I would hardly call a mag cover a substantial look at a new game.

I have went from being quietly confident about Prey 2, to now being merely hopeful that it'll be a good game.

As long as it feels like Prey, then I don't care what the character is wearing, but I remember Condemned 2 far too well, and this seems a little too familiar.

gamereactor83_239491.jpg

k7q53.jpg

Foil said:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/Foil_GAF/dudebro-grs.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
lol you can easily make a Killzone variant of the left one with an ISA soldier, as well.

EDIT: Well, I guess not really without a helmet. Still, nice shop.

Foil

Capcom has outsourced RE6, you now play as a badass Umbrella agent who must kill everyone before he turns into Dudebro Tyrant.

re6.jpg

Nizz

So no unique, living weapons anymore? :( It was weird but fun having some of the weapons look back at you. I'm kind of disappointed in some of the changes on a surface level. I'll wait to hear about the gameplay but I have mixed feelings on this so far.

This game will kick ass - the first was awesome. This will be a different kind of awesome but still very fucking awesome. Also I think that is Tommy, but redesigned, or his hair is tied back... either way, this will be cool based on the concept alone - how can it not be?

Pete Rock

Was anyone legitimately excited about having the central protagonist be little more than a racist stereotype again anyways? An Indian who gets abducted while he's at a bar claiming he just "needs to get off this reservation", and then finds his ancestral "spirit powers" in the alien world through interfacing with elder visions... I mean I understand the Anti-dudebro reaction, but we aren't exactly talking about high art source material here either. The original actually reminded me of the traditional "lo-wang" 3DR treatment if anything. If the mechanics are retained that's the important part, right?

Foil

Lich_King said:
Someone needs to make Dragon Age 3 cover out of this somehow

With all the backlash we might not get Dragon Age 3. I mean gamers obviously want a more hardcore experience with guns, cyborgs, robot dragons, and more blood. Right? Atleast that's what my focus group told me.

ge-dragon.jpg

BRILLIANT!
brilliant.jpg

Kinyou

Foil said:
With all the backlash we might not get Dragon Age 3. I mean gamers obviously want a more hardcore experience with guns, cyborgs, robot dragons, and more blood. Right? Atleast that's what my focus group told me.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/Foil_GAF/ge-dragon.jpg[img]

BRILLIANT!
[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/Foil_GAF/brilliant.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
I see "MASS EFFECT: ZERO" potential

Foil said:

ge-dragon.jpg

BRILLIANT!
brilliant.jpg

Just phenomenal!

I agree, Uncharted 3 next!

Shit, that guy could be Joseph Capelli from Resistance 2. "Before the Fall of Man, see Joseph Capelli's dark origins in Resistance 0: The Origin of Man"

Top Bottom