• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Information Hub

Theorry

Wait hitmann got banned? For what? What the hell did he do? I didn't always agree with him because he ran the unnofficial blog but the dude had some great insight into information.

Also he helped alot of people with his direct lines to the devs if someone had trouble getting on the feedback forum etc. Really weird.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yes, he says he's perma banned, no future review, no info on description. But from the sound of it.....or the wording, he didn't get an explanation.

naeS

The reason he was banned is in the twitter conversation of the tweet I posted just earlier. Pretty sure the credentials he has in the OP are clear enough how close he is to the devs and Ubisoft.

RIP Hitmann, see you in the DZ. You did good work here.

ViciousDS

Banned
Here's the reason.....I can....kind of see this. But all info is in the OP. But still perma?

Well, see you on the battlefield DH!

1Y3Kmsg.jpg

weshes195

Here's the reason.....I can....kind of see this. But all info is in the OP. But still perma?

Well, see you on the battlefield DH!

As a random poster who hasn't even played this game, I have gotten really excited for this game with the help of that poster from what he has talked about the game.

Really hope Neogaf didn't unjustly ban him. Honestly, (it SEEMS as I don't know anything personally) they ban A LOT of people unfairly IMO... don't know why? At least the community is cool.

jesu

I thought he was very upfront with who he was in relation to the devs, maybe he was lying I suppose.

Could a mod possibly explain for us?
Or is it a secret?

Not sure why everyone is surprised he was banned.

I called him out for the "we" thing, next thing I know people are threatening to beat me up, lol

We love feedback, both positive and negative, but be sure to post it on the Official Alpha forums.

Who does? The unofficial Division Blog?

I have never wanted to punch someone over the internet as much as I do you.

Jesus.

Gaf doesn't have a lot of tolerance for people doing the "I know stuff you guys don't, and I can't tell you anything but trust me it's going to be amazing!" insider/shill song and dance, particularly when those people follow up those statements with "it's my honest unbiased opinion."

If I could tell you guys everything I know, I would, but I cant. Just going to have to try an trust me on it. This game is really unlike anything ive ever experienced before and that is my honest unbiased opinion.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Not sure why everyone is surprised he was banned.

I called him out for the "we" thing, next thing I know people are threatening to beat me up, lol

Gaf doesn't have a lot of tolerance for people doing the "I know stuff you guys don't, and I can't tell you anything but trust me it's going to be amazing!" insider/shill song and dance, particularly when those people follow up those statements with "it's my honest unbiased opinion."

That's some cretinous selective quoting

Theorry

Looks like we are getting a new trailer december 17th.

https://www.facebook.com/TheDivisionGame/?brand_redir=DISABLE

Also curious about this post there.

"That’s a wrap, The Division Alpha servers are now offline.
We hope you enjoyed this first taste of the game, and we can’t wait to see you back for The Division Beta in a few weeks"

Few weeks is not very much really. Was expecting a beta in february. But think its gonna be January now.

I thought he was very upfront with who he was in relation to the devs, maybe he was lying I suppose.

Could a mod possibly explain for us?
Or is it a secret?
It looks like he was actually a Ubisoft employee, or at least that's what it sounds like:

"My hub thread explains exactly who I am and what I have done for the community other than my newest appointment."
https://mobile.twitter.com/DigitalHitmann/status/675819856206422016

If that's the case then ban absolutely justified. I hate that sort of underhanded bullshit and appreciate the mods for sorting it out. If you're involved with a game and want to post at GAF then that's awesome, but don't be lying about that shit, especially when making cheerleader threads like this one and repeating ad nauseum how great the game is and how much everyone is going to love it.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Shame that Hitmann got banned. He gave me info about the game being playable 100% solo which made me a buyer on day one. Never thought he was a developer. Looked at him as a PR guy for the game and Ubisoft in general. Oh well. Thanks to Hitmann for getting me hyped about buying the game again and playing it solo. :)

It looks like he was actually a Ubisoft employee, or at least that's what it sounds like:

"My hub thread explains exactly who I am and what I have done for the community other than my newest appointment."
https://mobile.twitter.com/DigitalHitmann/status/675819856206422016

If that's the case then ban absolutely justified. I hate that sort of underhanded bullshit and appreciate the mods for sorting it out. If you're involved with a game and want to post at GAF then that's awesome, but don't be lying about that shit, especially when making cheerleader threads like this one and repeating ad nauseum how great the game is and how much everyone is going to love it.

Eh.. his newest appointment was being a Mod on their Alpha forums.. which appears to be something that had happened just days before the Alpha started... well after he created the thread.

What's done is done and all that but I don't think he was being underhanded. He openly said he talks to the devs regularly and is the best friend of Tom Clancy's son. /shrug

Theorry

Nice Brooklyn also.

"In Tom Clancy’s The Division, you will evolve in a very large part of the iconic New York City. The famous Manhattan and Brooklyn neighborhoods can be explored in a reconstituted version of as closely as possible by developers.The agents will explore a living world, marked by weather and day / night dynamics."

Top Bottom