• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Information Hub

Crap. Do you also need to be an Xbox Live Gold/PlayStation Plus subscriber? Any chance that the game will be updated to allow off-line play either at launch or with a patch after launch? Thanks.

You need Xbox Live / PS+ for the multiplayer portion of the game, but not the single player portion. Unknown at this time if the game will ever allow true "offline" functionality.

KodaRuss

I would be all over this if I had an Xbone. Damn exclusivity deals

Looking forward to hearing about more information

Maddanth

Damn, have to go to work. Can't wait to get back home to play some more. I'm really really having allot of fun and enjoying quite a bit.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You need Xbox Live / PS+ for the multiplayer portion of the game, but not the single player portion. Unknown at this time if the game will ever allow true "offline" functionality.

How does this work? I thought the whole game was multiplayer a la Destiny.

ViciousDS

Banned
How does this work? I thought the whole game was multiplayer a la Destiny.

it is

destiny has the same reqs

Q. Does Destiny require PlayStation®Plus or Xbox Live Gold?
No, PlayStation®Plus and Xbox Live are not required to play Destiny. However, PlayStation®Plus or Xbox Live Gold is required to access some content. Please see below for more information.

Granadier

it is

destiny has the same reqs

Today I learned that Destiny has single player sections.

edit: Do you mean single player as in story missions and patrols? I guess it's confusing since other players can pop into your world in Destiny.

Makikou

Today I learned that Destiny has single player sections.

edit: Do you mean single player as in story missions and patrols? I guess it's confusing since other players can pop into your world in Destiny.

In Destiny, you need PS+/XBL Gold for Strike Matchmaking, PvP (Crucible) and so on. The story missions are playable without PS+/XBL Gold.

In Division, i think Dark Zones most definitely will be locked behind PS+/XBL Gold and maybe matchmaking features also.

Granadier

In Destiny, you need PS+/XBL Gold for Strike Matchmaking, PvP (Crucible) and so on. The story missions are playable without PS+/XBL Gold.

In Division, i think Dark Zones most definitely will be locked behind PS+/XBL Gold and maybe matchmaking features also.

Got it.

A GIFpinion isn't technically breaking any NDA, so...
not-bad.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
my only worry has been 3 things of which we really won't know about till near launch most likely.

1. Story/Campaign.......I want to know if there is a beginning and end to an actual story....not just some generic plot throw you in the world type deal.

2. End Game.........this is hhuuuugggeeeee, if PvP and some minor events are the only thing in the end this game means nothing. Will it have Raids/dungeons along with story elements alah Destiny. With this style of game they could honestly have some real cool set pieces underground in tunnels, subways and more involving puzzles as well.

3. Will Dark Zone carry the best gear? Forced PvP automatically lowers my hype for this game. When the Devs said during the one playthrough at a conference that the best gear can be found in the Dark Zone I kind of lost a lot of hype. Can all the gear obtained there be obtained through other means in PvE and it will just take longer?.....If the only way to get the best items is Dark Zone then I will immediately pass on this game. Forcing me into facing other players is the dumbest thing......its the reason why I did enjoy Destiny for the most part....sure, certain legendary's I had to do arena battle to get quests done....but its organized PvP/game modes. It's basically me playing Halo with gear I got in the game...not an open section where I can get ganked and lose my shit.

woodland

Still no Alpha forum access for me and I'd really like to discuss it ;\ Been playingg for 3 hours too

@Digital, if you see this - is it okay for me to ask other users that have it questions through a PM? If not, could I ask you?

ViciousDS

Banned
yes, I don't have alpha forum access either......I'm pretty sure I'm using the right email for the account.

edit: yup just checked all 3 e-mails and nothing for Alpha Forums

Still no Alpha forum access for me and I'd really like to discuss it ;\ Been playingg for 3 hours too

@Digital, if you see this - is it okay for me to ask other users that have it questions through a PM? If not, could I ask you?

Ill be off an on all day, so I might not get to you in a timely manner but sure you can ask me!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks for the reply. I have a follow up question.

Playing through the game myself, is there any part of the game including the dark zone where I can be invaded by other actual players? Honestly, I would love to explore and play the game by myself. I don't want others interfering in my play through. Thanks.

Bsigg12

Thanks for the reply. I have a follow up question.

Playing through the game myself, is there any part of the game including the dark zone where I can be invaded by other actual players? Honestly, I would love to explore and play the game by myself. I don't want others interfering in my play through. Thanks.

The Darkzone is the only PvP enabled area. Free roam is all PvE.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The Darkzone is the only PvP enabled area. Free roam is all PvE.

Okay, so basically, the Dark Zone will be the only area that I can't access via single player?

-Deimos

Don't know if this can be answered, but what are the consequences of dying in the dark zone if you didn't pick up any loot?

Trogdor1123

Really looking forward to this. My brother in laws are too. I think a team of 3 will be a good start. I expect ubi to ruin the game with micros though.

Klyka

Banned
Seeing a lot of potential in that stream but it's raw and alpha.

Still hyped for the game though,looks great for my friend and me to play.

drotahorror

48% downloaded in 3 hours. Love xb1 download speeds. Really don't understand it. It's literally right next to my PS4 and 8 feet away from a very expensive router.

Curious how well this plays as a solo adventure. I put about 100 hrs into destiny and much of that time was solo (or random matchmaking like strikes).

I am hoping its the same hear, or at least very easy matchmaking so i can do end game content easier (which destiny fails at).

Are there raid type dungeons similar to destiny ? Dark zones are basically destinys pvp

Top Bottom