• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Information Hub

PtKid

Banned
After playing the game back in September my gut feeling was that it wasn't ready for release in March, the beta being delayed and game still in "alpha" testing makes me think I was right.

In fact after the 10-15 minute gameplay session, we had a 15 minutes talk with one of the Ubisoft guys there and he was asking us feedback as he could hear everything we were saying to each other.

There was balancing issues then, where either enemies felt like bullet sponges or weapons felt too weak. Cover system was one of our biggest critics, as you are in a permanent cover until you sort of vault out of it but that is too slow if a enemie flanks you.

Field of view was also an issue as it felt difficult too see what was happening further away from us.

Unless that was a very old build, I can't see how they have fixed these and obviously other issues people had. They were asking for a massive amount of feedback which me and my friends found weird for a game so close to release.

That's just my two cents.

I cant say in what shape or form, but everything you have said has been addressed in some way shape or form.

PleaseBeExcited.jpg (Seems like im getting alot of use out of this recently.. )

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Excited to give this a spin tomorrow. Always been a tom Clancy fan, even went to Red Storm a few years back to play test Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter at the studio in Cary NC. Got a tour and everything (I knew a guy who no longer works there). Hope this is as good as it looks.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If it helps, if you preorder on Xbox One you have a better chance, since thats the platform the Alpha is for. :\
I had the Xbox One version pre-ordered since E3, and had its code registered. I've yet to receive a code for the PS4 pre-order.

I had the Xbox One version pre-ordered since E3, and had its code registered. I've yet to receive a code for the PS4 pre-order.

You probably wont get a code for the PS4 version. Like I said its priority. If the game isnt on Alpha for PS4... Chances are there will be an extremely limited amount of PC / PS4 invitees.

im_dany

I still haven't got a code from Amazon US, is it true they're locked to US citizens? I also tried on Amazon IT but didn't get anything yet.

Mifec

You probably wont get a code for the PS4 version. Like I said its priority. If the game isnt on Alpha for PS4... Chances are there will be an extremely limited amount of PC / PS4 invitees.

Which kinda makes me sad since I'd like to experience the best version before buying :/

Kalentan

Going to assume we can't stream it, right? Cause my one friend who is in another state was hoping I could since he's really into this but only has a PS4 and thus has to wait for the beta.

Mifec

Going to assume we can't stream it, right? Cause my one friend who is in another state was hoping I could since he's really into this but only has a PS4 and thus has to wait for the beta.

Yeah the NDA doesn't let you share any info outside of the alpha forums.

Kalentan

Yeah the NDA doesn't let you share any info outside of the alpha forums.

Ah... I suppose I will just have to voice chat him and relay the info. Hopefully statisify his curiosity till the PS4 beta.

Assuming that is not allowed? I mean, I don't plan on posting any screenshots nor videos of any sort and if we can't talk about the specifics on here, I will keep my mouth shut as well.

I still haven't got a code from Amazon US, is it true they're locked to US citizens? I also tried on Amazon IT but didn't get anything yet.

No the Alpha is not locked to US citizens, however it is locked to non-Japanese or Chinese citizens.

Edit: Streaming, posting of stills, pictures, and / or content and discussing the Alpha outside of official channels (that will go live today) is not allowed. There is a strict NDA for this title.

Alpha goes live in 23 minutes.

whyman

Ah... I suppose I will just have to voice chat him and relay the info. Hopefully statisify his curiosity till the PS4 beta.

Assuming that is not allowed? I mean, I don't plan on posting any screenshots nor videos of any sort and if we can't talk about the specifics on here, I will keep my mouth shut as well.

You are not allowed to talk to anyone outside the Alpha forum about it. Sure you can but posting here that you will break NDA might not be a good idea if you share the same nick etc.

Kalentan

You are not allowed to talk to anyone outside the Alpha forum about it. Sure you can but posting here that you will break NDA might not be a good idea if you share the same nick etc.

I don't share the same nick nor email. Plus like I said, I don't break it with the intention of showering the world with information. Rather just telling a friend whose very interested in the game if the game is good or not in this state. A friend who all intent and purpose is nearly absent from all gaming social media. Which let's be honest, this is far better than those who are willing to break the NDA and post videos and stuff online.

Which again, I have no intention of doing. No videos, nothing typed online, no screenshots. But even with the NDA being true. I may not give him specifics. You know, just tell him if it's any good or not while also nothing 'alpha.' Since Alpha's are very much prone to change. (Hence the reason for NDA's in the first place. Cause people may get it into their minds that "this" is how it's going to be when the final product could be very different.)

But regardless this is getting slightly off topic.

Edit: I must ask if I'm breaking a GAF rule or not. If so I can remove anything I have written and also uphold the NDA stricter.

Just tried an order with Amazon US and got the code within seconds. where do I redeem it to get into the alpha?

EDIT: Figured it out.

If anyone runs into any issues, please feel free to let me know here or on Twitter. Ill be working with the dev team and live ops team all morning to help resolve issues.

It says I do not have permission but I have been playing for over an hour. Also, if you fail a side mission, how do you redo it?

Forum access is granted on an individual basis. It may take some time to activate.

Should be able to restart it by accepting the mission again from whoever gave it to you originally. Please report to me in PM which mission it is if you cant so I can forward it to the dev team.

Makikou

Just want to come and say that the game is super convincing. Very impressed. All my worries about the game are gone.

noomi

I'm afraid to even talk about the game due to the NDA, but I just need to say one thing....

My god, it's fantastic. If this is how the alpha feels, the finished game will be stellar.

I'm going to have so much feedback for you guys though, just as soon as my alpha forum access is granted.

If for whatever reason you dont get access to the Alpha forums in time, you can always share your thoughts with me via DM an I can forward them to the dev team.

KPJZKC

Not in the alpha unfortunately, but it's really nice to see some positive impressions after having high hopes for this game for so long.

Faceache

Not in the alpha unfortunately, but it's really nice to see some positive impressions after having high hopes for this game for so long.

Yeah, I've pre purchased this on PC but don't have alpha access. It's reassuring to read some positive first impressions.

Hope some footage leaks so we can get a better idea of how it plays.

noomi

Just got access to the alpha forums, took about 30min to get access from when I logged in for the first time.

Top Bottom