• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Information Hub

garath

So I pre-ordered the PC version on Amazon, and I got a code I could redeem on the website, but will I only have access to the PC beta then? To be sure, I just pre-ordered the Xbox One version as well but I haven't received a beta code for that one.

I'm not sure if the code is platform specific. When you sign up for the beta on the website it asks for your platform and the code. I'd try the Xbox selection if that's what you want. Worst case it says its a pc code. But I suspect it works for any platform.

Pachimari

Then I might have chosen PC. Oh well, hopefully I get another code within 48 hours as Amazon customer support told me. I really want to try this one out this month.

noomi

Hmmm so.... I want to pre-order this on PS4, but I also have an xbox one....

Can I use my PS4 Pre-order code to play the early beta on Xbox one in December?

noomi

Available Dec 9th - 12th on xbox one :)

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-an-update-to-our-beta-plans/

We know many of you have been patiently awaiting the arrival of The Division Beta, and we appreciate your patience as the team remains committed to delivering an open-world action-RPG experience that exceeds your expectations on March 8, 2016. With that in mind, we’re changing some of our beta plans to reach that goal, and your participation plays an important part.

The Division Beta planned for December will now take place in early 2016. However, we’re excited to announce that players who preordered the Xbox One version will have priority access to an exclusive closed Xbox One alpha testing phase, taking place from December 9 to 12. Those of you on the waitlist for the Xbox One alpha may be granted access on an as needed basis. In addition, players who pre-ordered the Xbox One, PS4, or PC version of The Division will have access to a closed beta on their respective platforms in early 2016.

This exclusive Xbox One alpha testing phase in December will be the first time the public gets to play a version of The Division that includes more than the Dark Zone PvP enabled areas. This means the moment you and other players sign into the game, you’ll be giving us valuable insight into how our infrastructure performs under pressure that we can’t replicate internally or at a tradeshow. This process allows us to monitor and gather additional feedback on other aspects of The Division, as well. However, due to the early stage of this alpha, we ask that all participants do not share images, video, or descriptions of the game’s content outside of the official Division alpha forum. Players will be prompted to accept a non-disclosure agreement before playing the alpha.

We know that you probably have more questions, so we’ve put together a FAQ on The Division Alpha that hopefully answers them. If you still have any questions or concerns, feel free to let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

We thank you again for your patience and value your enthusiasm for The Division. The team is working hard to deliver a great experience and can’t wait to show you more in the coming months.

The Division Alpha FAQ

1. Which platforms is the alpha available on?

Tom Clancy’s The Division Alpha will be available on Xbox One.

2. What are the start and end times for the Alpha?

The alpha will begin December 9 at 10 AM CET | 4 AM EST | 1 AM PST and will end December 12 at 9AM | 3 AM EST | 12 AM PST CET. We will begin sending codes on December 7, so keep an eye on your email.

3. Can I upload videos to Youtube or livestream the game?

No. There is an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) for this alpha. By accepting the NDA, you are agreeing to not disclose alpha information and footage to the public. This includes, but is not limited to:

Capturing gameplay content
Livestreaming
Posting images
Discussing the alpha anywhere outside of the alpha forums.

Please keep in mind that The Division Alpha is not a final representation of the game. For this alpha, we will be focusing mainly on gameplay feedback and other technical aspects such as server stability. This is the first time The Division will actively be in a public testing phase, so signing an NDA is required to participate.

4.What regions and country is the alpha available in?

The alpha will be available worldwide except for Japan and China.

5.What languages are supported in the alpha?

The game client (voices, subtitles and interface) will only be available in English for this alpha. Additional languages will be available in the beta in early 2016 and at launch.

6. What is the size of the alpha game client?

The download size of the alpha will be 23.2 GB.

7. When will the game be released?

Tom Clancy’s The Division will be released worldwide on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4 on March 8, 2016.

naeS

Then I might have chosen PC. Oh well, hopefully I get another code within 48 hours as Amazon customer support told me. I really want to try this one out this month.

When you use the code on The Division site, you choose your platform, that is the platform you will get a beta code for. It does not matter what platform you pre-order for initially. I pre-ordered on PS4, selected Xbox and got my code this morning.

Hmmm so.... I want to pre-order this on PS4, but I also have an xbox one....

Can I use my PS4 Pre-order code to play the early beta on Xbox one in December?

As long as you select Xbox as the platform when you sign up for the beta using the code from your pre-order.

I preordered on amazon the other day, should I expect a beta code in an email? Don't know if I missed it or something.

I signed up for the beta on 12/01, got my code this morning.

noomi

As long as you select Xbox as the platform when you sign up for the beta using the code from your pre-order.

Damn, well originally I selected PS4 but then I did it again and selected xbox one, hope that translate over and I get access on the x1.

*edit*

woohoo! Just got my beta code for xbox one, looks like it worked!

When you use the code on The Division site, you choose your platform, that is the platform you will get a beta code for. It does not matter what platform you pre-order for initially. I pre-ordered on PS4, selected Xbox and got my code this morning.

I signed up for the beta on 12/01, got my code this morning.

Don't you need a code from the preorder to sign up for the beta? Also I'm not talking about this Xbox one test, I think you are.

naeS

Don't you need a code from the preorder to sign up for the beta? Also I'm not talking about this Xbox one test, I think you are.

Since the plans changed regarding the "Beta", this "Alpha" is now the early access portion that Xbox Users get. If you signed up with a pre-order code on Xbox, you get access to this Alpha. All other platforms, and people who sign up for the Beta after this Alpha, will get in on the Beta next year. Sorry for the confusion, hopefully that clears it up.

Anastasis

I main a PS4, but I have an Xbox One and got into the Alpha. I'd love to play with you all but currently have no Xbox friends.

Gamertag: anastasis17

Since the plans changed regarding the "Beta", this "Alpha" is now the early access portion that Xbox Users get. If you signed up with a pre-order code on Xbox, you get access to this Alpha. All other platforms, and people who sign up for the Beta after this Alpha, will get in on the Beta next year. Sorry for the confusion, hopefully that clears it up.

Thank you for the info, but there is still a question I'm trying to get answered. If I preordered on amazon should they be sending me a code that I input on the division's site to access the beta next year?

Do we know whether player progression is platform agnostic? Can I take my character cross platforms?

Also I imagine I would need to pre-order the XB1 version of the game in order to get the Alpha access right? A PS4 pre-order won't get me anywhere until next year?

naeS

Do we know whether player progression is platform agnostic? Can I take my character cross platforms?

Also I imagine I would need to pre-order the XB1 version of the game in order to get the Alpha access right? A PS4 pre-order won't get me anywhere until next year?

Cross platform characters is unknown. You can pre-order for whatever platform you want. When you sign up with the code from the pre-order, you can select any platform for the Alpha/Beta.

Okay. Thanks. Last question I swear, is that an immediate thing or should I hold off for a bit before contacting amazon customer service?

Amazons codes are immediate; you get a separate email from your preorder confirmation email. It might have gone into a different folder, but you should've gotten one within a minute of preordering.

naeS

Okay. Thanks. Last question I swear, is that an immediate thing or should I hold off for a bit before contacting amazon customer service?

Haha no worries. It should be within 2 days of placing your order. I did not get my code for a couple weeks actually after placing my order in November. I contacted amazon, they said they had sent it, but would send the code again for me. I got the email later that day.

So I entered my pre order code on the Division website about two weeks ago. I still need to receive another code for the actual download correct?

So I preordered weeks ago and entered everything in at that time. I see people who are just preordering today already have a download code. I am not sure why this is but it's kind of annoying. Haha

noomi

I imagine that the ps4 & pc beta's are not far behind. With the game releasing in March, there is only a limited window where they can test across all platforms.

My Guess is by January there will be a full fledged beta across all platforms.

Klyka

Banned
I imagine that the ps4 & pc beta's are not far behind. With the game releasing in March, there is only a limited window where they can test across all platforms.

My Guess is by January there will be a full fledged beta across all platforms.

I expect late January, early February.

ViciousDS

Banned
pre-ordered from amazon about 10 minutes ago....got beta key....applied....gave me alpha access instantly....well thats as far as my impression go lol

Skenzin

Banned
7. When will the game be released?

Tom Clancy’s The Division will be released worldwide on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4 on March 8, 2016.

afde5d9ef19bb10bd997579695ad1f6a.jpg

0racle

WOAH ! ok I just pre ordered from amazon.ca

How long until I get the code?
where do I redeem for alpha?

thanks!

etta

my hard graphic balls
My Xbox account is registered for the beta, but I haven't received any alpha code via the linked Uplay account's email.
This same thing happened with Black Ops 3 beta, where people who registered long before the beta only received their codes after the beta had started, and people who had registered on the day before the beta had received access codes immediately.
Pretty frustrating.

aMFd99l.jpg

0racle

ALRIGHT !! Im in

I forgot I had a spare beta code from 3 years ago from BB in my email. Got in instantly after registering for XBone beta. SWEEEET

Alias03

Digital where are you!!?? Haha I assume you also will have access to the Alpha? Was the Alpha build the one you played at Massive?

Alias03

My Xbox account is registered for the beta, but I haven't received any alpha code via the linked Uplay account's email.
This same thing happened with Black Ops 3 beta, where people who registered long before the beta only received their codes after the beta had started, and people who had registered on the day before the beta had received access codes immediately.
Pretty frustrating.

Have you checked your junk/spam folder? Also if you're using a Gmail account it came in my "Promotions" tab. I believe it is coming in waves through out the day so dont lose hope!!! Hope you get it soon!!!

Top Bottom