• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Information Hub

Jerm411

I doubt this can be answered and the info may be elsewhere and I just missed it but do we know what the moment to moment gameplay is like?

I mean is there a main quest line and then side quests, plus PvP, something similar to strikes or raids, etc?

Have you played on PS4? Can you comment on the difference if any? Also how does the game on console compare to the PC footage we've seen

Have not played on PS4 yet, but I will at launch. I main PS4.

Game looks really good. The game really shines when it's snowing at night time. It's sooo good.

Alias03

Could probably go hunt for this but i'll just datamine the source here..

WAT do i have to do to get on the list here?? I want IN on this beta so hard.

You can go to the official website and get on the "waiting list" however for guarantee access you need to preorder. I suggest amazon and then once you get your code cancel, you will not be charged anything.

I doubt this can be answered and the info may be elsewhere and I just missed it but do we know what the moment to moment gameplay is like?

I mean is there a main quest line and then side quests, plus PvP, something similar to strikes or raids, etc?

There are a lot of stuff and things. I can't go into detail about it just yet. I can say there is absolutely a story line though.

I hate to us a meme but PleaseBeExcited.jpg

Alias03

Can you say if it's before the tail end of December? I just have a feeling it'll be just before the new year so the "Beta on Xbox in December, early 2016 for everyone else" can be achieved but minimize fussing/potential controversy.

I believe its been said it will be before Xmas... Not 100% sure though

Can you say if it's before the tail end of December? I just have a feeling it'll be just before the new year so the "Beta on Xbox in December, early 2016 for everyone else" can be achieved but minimize fussing/potential controversy.

Was a good try at fishing for information especially since it's 4am here, but no I can't announce it publicly yet. #SoonTM :)

Alias03

Last of Us, anyone who thinks Destiny year 1 had a story is kidding themselves.

HAHA that was my point. Good to know it will have a solid narrative. I kinda want Ryan, Megan, and Bronson to be actually NPCs in the game..... Kinda grown to like seeing them lol

It's worth noting that the official website's News section does offer some good info here and there. I don't check it too often but will be reading up on what I've missed tonight.

For others who may be interested...

Community Q & A about Skills, Talents, and Gun Customization

and

Intel Annex #8 which looks to go a bit more in-depth about Experience, Skills, Talents and Perks.

Haven't read them yet, and the Q&A actually has a YT vid in there too but it might have some good tidbits in there.

Yeah I highly recommend watching the annexes. I've been so busy between coming here and Siege Day and holidays I haven't had the chance to update the OP. I did many articles on my site though as well if it helps.

HAHA that was my point. Good to know it will have a solid narrative. I kinda want Ryan, Megan, and Bronson to be actually NPCs in the game..... Kinda grown to like seeing them lol

Megan is my favorite. I told the lead comm dev I was going to steal her key art from the office. Just so much mystery behind her and why she went rogue.

Oxn

All we've really seen from footage are Multiplayer.

Does SP mode have a real story? Like Cut scenes and relatable NPCs and all that stuff?

RdN

Damn, I had completely forgotten that a Beta for the XBO was coming this month.

I pre ordered it on Amazon a while back but never received a code for the Beta... Gotta look into that.

-Deimos

Proximity would be so great though... This is one of the few titles I can easily see myself waking my daughter up in the middle night with smack talk to randoms as i airlift out my new assault rifle.

"DON'T even try it motherfucker!!"

I can see Ubi not allowing proximity to save some cash and giving some bs about taking risks with other players.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Please tell me the beta doesn't start until after December 16. I have exams up until that day :|

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Is the car door closing animation still in the game?..
td1.gif

Impress me more the destruction of the car than the door animation.

Nori Chan

I can tell you my name is already in the game. It's been in the game since E3. As for the others I can't really go into just yet.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by connection?
Like am I going to be connected with my avatar? Will he or she talk, will I be able to customize him/her, etc?

Megan is my favorite. I told the lead comm dev I was going to steal her key art from the office. Just so much mystery behind her and why she went rogue.
Isn't it Ryan that went rogue and killed them at the extraction point? Or are you talking about a video that I might have missed.

Also, can you go in more details about my post that got ignored a couple pages back :( :

Is there more information out of the survival aspect in-game? I vaguely remember the player able to find water in one of the walkthrough videos; is it needed to survive, or like Fallout where it gives a amount of health back, or is it just used as ressources that you can then sell for some $?

Alias03

Also hows the music? Do they have Xmas songs in game? ( I actually really like they have used Xmas music in their trailers)

Pachimari

You're making me hyped in here. I HD written off The Divison a long time ago but seeing how much I love Rainbow Six: Siege, and the enthusiasm in here, I can't wait to try it out.

I did sign up for the PC beta but I see that the beta this month is only for Xbox One?

I have a about 18 hour trek home today so let me get home and take a quick rest then I'll answer people's questions to the best of my ability. If there is wifi on board I'll try then, but my flight to here didn't so... Stay frosty.

Really looking forward to this, but I am a bit worried that the dark zone will just be a free for all with everyone just killing just to kill. Glad to see there will be consequences, but I still think people will be jerks.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Is the car door closing animation still in the game?..
td1.gif

I remember this E3 demo. Literally the most exciting next gen demo I have ever seen. It was and still is.

Too bad, I am almost certain that the game will not look anywhere near this.

Pachimari

So I pre-ordered the PC version on Amazon, and I got a code I could redeem on the website, but will I only have access to the PC beta then? To be sure, I just pre-ordered the Xbox One version as well but I haven't received a beta code for that one.

T.E.D

Banned
Just to turn your drive-by post around, I hope that the long lack of information means they're hard at work at scrubbing the game up to be best as possible.

I'm sure you can appreciate that I've been burned by Unisoft many times before.

Funny enough I think they're at their best when they're free to be creative and when Yves Guillemot doesn't have the devs at gunpoint.

Top Bottom