• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Empire State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenameDS

I caved in and bought the Vector blueprint, I now have the AK and Vector. Think my next goal is to save for the extended clip mod and something else before the Friday reset.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but doing solo DZ runs is really making thirsty for a fromsoft developed soulsish style dungeon crawl shooter.

spyder_ur

Every day there are three different rotation missions that give extra phoenix credits.

Two hard mode dailies that give 15 PC extra.
One challenging mode daily that gives 30 PC extra. EVERY challenge mode gives 30 PC for completion as well, and you can run then as much as you want every day but just the daily gives an extra 30.

If all you want to do is farm PC and golds then just run the lexington event challenge mode with 3 people, you get a few purples every run, 30 PC credits, and a gold item at the end (guaranteed). I know people who have run it 50+ times over a week to basically get every single high end item in the game. Grinding Lexington is by far, far, far the fastest way to get the best gear in this game. People who are grinding DZ levels - keep in mind the DZ gold patterns only create level 30 items, whereas the PC credit patterns you buy at the BOO create level 31 items.

The dailies reset at 7pm EST for USA by the way.

Thanks - I haven't been able to find a description this basic anywhere. So as a fresh level 30 the place to start would be the hard mode dailies.

noomi

I was at the wrong Vendor haha. Thanks man.

It's actually quite confusing, and I still don't know all the locations of all the vendors, especially the dark zone ones...

Which yeah, which Dark Zone Vendor is the one that sells the good shite? The one that sells stuff for Pheonix credits?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I caved in and bought the Vector blueprint, I now have the AK and Vector. Think my next goal is to save for the extended clip mod and something else before the Friday reset.

I am praying for an HE M1A. It'd be the only gun I use until I quit the game.

Sullichin

What signature skill is everyone using? I only have the tech wing one so far. Seems like a pretty good, standard buff. But i'm not good at timing it to use in good moments.

Ruruja

I have a lovely purple jacket.

Tom%20Clancy%27s%20The%20Division%E2%84%A22016-3-16-15-55-6.jpg

The difference in purple between my scarf and the jacket is quite annoying though.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
It's actually quite confusing, and I still don't know all the locations of all the vendors, especially the dark zone ones...

Which yeah, which Dark Zone Vendor is the one that sells the good shite? The one that sells stuff for Pheonix credits?
There's only two Phoenix Credits vendors in the game. The one in the DZ Safehouse and the Advanced Weapon Vendor in the Electronics Wing inside the Base of Operations.

Most people will buy stuff from the one in the BoO because your not require to be DZ Lv.50 to buy them and equip them.

Ran into a 3 man group with my 4 man in the DZ yesterday at a rooftop extract point in DZ05 I think? They were trying to run the infinite health/ammo skills (ammo crate + skill cd cover). Both groups were just posted waiting for the other to make their move but my group had two fresh 30's while all three of them were geared more solidly. I was the sacrificial lamb and went for the extract and they bombed on me. Respawned and had to fight through a ton of mobs to get back to the extract point and they fully wiped us once but we managed to keep them from successfully extracting by keeping at least one guy up there pressuring them the whole time and eventually we got up there in full strength instead of trickling in (by this point they had Manhunt status) annnnd absolutely wrecked them. 16k Skill Power Bleed Sticky from yours truly didn't sit well with them. The rest of my squad nade spammed to keep the Health/Ammo crates dead made quick work of them.

We all made back all the DZ XP we had lost in the fight and then some. We waited to see if they'd come back but they were probably pretty shook by their XP loss a Rogue Manhunt level.

Good times.

FeD.nL

Uhm, so my Dark Zone vendor in my BoO is selling a classic m1a wirh 40% accuracy and 19,5% extra headshot dmg as talents. 20 minutes left before the refresh.

noomi

There's only two Phoenix Credits vendors in the game. The one in the DZ Safehouse and the Advanced Weapon Vendor in the Electronics Wing inside the Base of Operations.

Most people will buy stuff from the one in the BoO because your not require to be DZ Lv.50 to buy them and equip them.

I see, do you know which DZ Safehouse sells phoenix credit gear, or is it all of them?

Uhm, so my Dark Zone vendor in my BoO is selling a classic m1a wirh 40% accuracy and 19,5% extra headshot dmg as talents. 20 minutes left before the refresh.

I thought all the vendors refresh at 8PM EST when the daily reset happens?

Nemesis_

I don't wanna seem like I'm complaining but is the whole game just Flamethrower enemy archetypes or are there more as you progress?

Tovarisc

Thanks for heads up, grabbed it. Can't get grip on it, but that Brutal is so good perk on DMR. Now to consider if I want to use it over SOCOM M1A.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I got 3 Dark Zone keys. Have I still gotta extract the gear from the chests these keys unlock?

Also I have 30 Phoenix credits. Are these useable at level 28 I gotta wait until 30?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I see, do you know which DZ Safehouse sells phoenix credit gear, or is it all of them?
Just the one in the DZ06 area (North part of the DZ).

JohnCYQ

It's important to always fall back when enemies spawn. Not find the closest cover.

For challenge missions it really helps to team shoot enemies and try to funnel them into choke points where possible. Drop back to safety if you are being overwhelmed as well. Hit them with skills to stun and disorient and concentrate fire on 1 enemy at a time. having 3-4 people shooting at 1 enemy at once really helps to drop their health down quick. Also, if you are playing with a team it helps to build your characters for specific roles. Someone having the ammo crate health station is great to keep the team from running out of ammo.

Basically...good luck pugging. Especially without mic. =/

Good thing I started on my 2nd character already.

===========================

In any case, the division tech farming continues...

Our GAF group completed our first CM last light in the tunnel. Some basic tips:

- Crowd control is your best damn friend. Flame turrets with the Wildfire skill activated are incredible, since they spread flames everywhere and completely freeze up bad guys. Shock turrets, poison seeking mines, grenades, even dropping the 2-man version of cover...all that stuff slows down the melee and shotgun chargers. The trick is that no CC option will kill stuff, but it delays them and lets you focus fire and thin out the crowds.

- Stay together. At least in pairs. You need to be near a buddy for reviving. You will die.

- At least two healing stations are super helpful. It's never a bad choice as a second skill. We ran low on ammo all the time, so one person using the ammo reload perk isn't terrible. Obviously, the revive mod is GOAT.

- Stay in damn cover. At my decent gearing level, I find I can rush in a lot in hard mode. This creates a bad habit for challenge mode. Don't! You will get your ass handed to you.

- Always focus on chargers first. They have a lightning bolt over their head. Shotgunners and melee guys can 1-2 shot you depending on your health. I'm sitting at 105k DPS and 65k health and still need to do an ordered retreat. Try to keep your distance and have the group CC and focus fire them down.

- Snipers are the next target. They will obliterate your group and force you to waste a ton of medkits. Our group ran two counter-snipers with me and Camo rocking heavy hitting marksmen rifles. Really invaluable to neutralize them quickly so your team doesn't get pinned down too quickly.

- Specific to the Tunnel level: when you're protecting the JTF soldier neutralizing the bomb, you're going to have a huge rush from melee guys. Lay down everything you have in terms of CC and grenades to survive. THEN MAKE SURE TO LEAVE ONE ENEMY ALIVE, preferably not a melee guy. Just keep him pinned down until the disarm timer runs out, and you avoid getting second and third waves of rushers. Very helpful.

- When you get to the final boss, just stay back and keep clearing add waves. Press forward to spawn them and then fall back. Two snipers on the top balcony was very useful. Don't even worry about the boss early on because their shield regenerates. Don't go too close to the boss to avoid early aggro. Once all the waves are cleared, the boss is incredibly easy. Sniper bosses are garbage once you're free to press them from all sides.

This unable to extract bug is fucking dumb.

Even with an empty stash

Happened to me. Try to die somewhere safe, restart game and grab it again if how really like something you found and you don't mind losing xp over it. That happened to me and I had to restart.

deoee

Hamish just talks about stuff @ https://www.twitch.tv/lirik

Some big information about Incursion VERY VERY soon (next week) on their own twitch.

There will be way harder stuff coming than Challenging right now but he did not say what etc. he's just psyched

Hamish just talks about stuff @ https://www.twitch.tv/lirik

Some big information about Incursion VERY VERY soon (next week) on their own twitch.

There will be way harder stuff coming than Challenging right now but he did not say what etc. he's just psyched

Challenging is pretty hard for me, or probably anyone that doesnt have friends.

How are people level 30 with all high end gear already? For those of you who are how many hours have you spent playing the game?

You can buy guns for credits (2) and craft (1) for getting to 30. Then challenge mode you get 1 HE at least per run + lots of phoenix credits which you use to buy HE.

For example i have done ONE challenge mode and have 4 HE (3 guns and a crappy holdster)

Challenging is pretty hard for me, or probably anyone that doesnt have friends.

You can buy guns for credits (2) and craft (1) for getting to 30. Then challenge mode you get 1 HE at least per run + lots of phoenix credits which you use to buy HE.

For example i have done ONE challenge mode and have 4 HE (3 guns and a crappy holdster)

I'm only level 22 and I've been playing since launch day, granted not that much time per session. So just curious how much time you all have spent on the game thus far to get to 30 and have all that gear.

I'm only level 22 and I've been playing since launch day, granted not that much time per session. So just curious how much time you all have spent on the game thus far to get to 30 and have all that gear.

I think I have 25 or 30 hours but I am not full High end gear, I am a scrub.

Xion_Stellar

How are people level 30 with all high end gear already? For those of you who are how many hours have you spent playing the game?
-Challenge Mode guarantees one High End Drop each time you do it
-Getting Phoenix Credits was not particularly hard UNTIL it was nerfed last Saturday
-People got lucky with High End Drops until that was also nerfed last Saturday

I don't wanna seem like I'm complaining but is the whole game just Flamethrower enemy archetypes or are there more as you progress?

There are engineers that throw down turrets, snipers that will kill you and rushing enemies with shotguns. Plus the fodder rioter/rikers enemies. Then there's the elites.

2 Days 17 Hours played 138,000 DPS 78,000 HP 10k skill power, lots of spare gear for builds, stash is overflowing with purple and yellows. DZ Rank 30 and all.

Once you can farm challenge mode with a group your gear acquisition rate goes through the roof.

All about farming top rolled gear now.

Jabba

Banned
Anyone else got the, "You're big damn hero, aintcha?!" guy, following you around at your base of operations? I wanna shoot that guy, or take him in the back and beat him up with a crowbar.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Thanks for the heads up. It's better than the one at The Grindhouse vendor.

Too bad it's not SOCOM or First Wave though :/

Looks like the Vector. Special Weapons vendor sells the Blueprint for ~160 Phoenix Credits.

What you wanna do is boost your Firearms stat as high as possible before buying it. At the Recalibration station spec some armor pieces to Firearms, you'll be happy you did it after you build the blueprint and see the DPS you get.

I thought that it was confirmed that equipped gear/stats had nothing do do with rolls? Only lvl?

Anyone else got the, "You're big damn hero, aintcha?!" guy, following you around at your base of operations? I wanna shoot that guy, or take him in the back and beat him up with a crowbar.

There's somebody that always talks to me when I get my electronic parts. Thankfully I finally learned to tune him out because he says the same thing. I want to reply, "I'm just gettin mah parts!"

Edit: Oh crap, final top of page of OT 1?!

It's been a heck of a first week. I can't wait for next month's update and quality of life changes.

Here's 1 I'd like: when you're max level, missions shouldn't give xp but a sort of cumulative point system for giving you money or mats since xp is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom