• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Cruise is up for doing another Top Gun movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/tom-cruise-says-top-gun-sequel-fun-135340891.html

Hollywood star Tom Cruise says he would be open to reprising his 1980s role as U.S. Navy pilot Maverick in a possible sequel to action drama "Top Gun".

The 1986 blockbuster turned Cruise into a major box office draw. Last month, film producer and Skydance media company Chief Executive David Ellison was quoted in media reports as saying work on a "Top Gun 2" screenplay was underway.

"It would be fun. I would like to get back into those jets," Cruise told Reuters at the London premiere of his latest action film "Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation" on Saturday night.

"It would have to be practical. I don't want any CGI jets. I want to shoot it like how we shot the first one."

Hit me with a cruise missile if old

eQH7ocIl.jpg

Vals thin guys. I actually think he had a throat tumour recently

Funny, caught some of this on TV yesterday.

Gonna be hard to get a song as iconic as 'Danger Zone' to go with the film, though. That being said, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't happen.

Abounder

Banned
The infamous F-35 could use some of that Cruise missile movie magic but I don't know if it has 2 seaters.

Godspeed gentlemen

SJRB

Gold Member
...I thought a Top Gun 2 was already in pre-production, with Cruise starring as a Top Gun teacher or something.

I'm so confused right now.

Ziffles

Tom Cruise is now older than all the original actors were in the first Top Gun, except for James Tolkan (the bald commander). ^^

I'm in if they can get a proper script and direction. Wasn't there some stuff about something involving drone warfare back before development went back after Scott died?

"It would have to be practical. I don't want any CGI jets. I want to shoot it like how we shot the first one."

This.

Would totally be up for it if Cruise was in it and it was mostly practical effects. Its part of what made the original movie awesome. I'd love to get my hands on all of the footage that was shot of the planes flying around since a lot of it is incredible to look at.

Wiktor

Gravity always wins. Still, who cares? He still looks damn good for 50, he's just entered the "older, handsome devil" part of his career. He can do the Sean Connery thing for years to come.

It's bad pic. He's been shirtless in many recent movies and he looks fine

I thought that was a photoshop at first, but it really is just a bad picture.

It was for "MI:4." here's another pic from a different angle

1556918.jpg

tom-cruise-mi4-shirtless.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom