• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren "I'm not a gaming journalist lol. Also, lighten up."

gokurho

q6Ub6qg.jpg

you know, He is not a gaming journalist :messenger_bicep:
GAF, Apologize, please:messenger_sunglasses:

Sanepar

graywolf323

And he's banned from Era.

Haha.
deservedly so, he doubled down with another post in that thread where he blatantly console warred by saying people were only upset at him because they’re still upset that you can play PlayStation games on PC 🙄 (not that anyone that paid attention didn’t already know he’s firmly entrenched in Xbox’s camp)

when you can’t tell the difference between the senior editor at the Verge & a fanboy…

I wonder if he has a GAF account as well. 🤔

maybe he’s running one of the astroturfer alts for Microsoft? honestly it wouldn’t shock me if some of those accounts were run by people like him & Jez

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

He is right. He is a clown paid by MS to cheer them. Like Brad Sams like Jez Corden, like Destin.

Those people just seem like everyday YT creators to me, LOL. MS has programs that reach out to influencers of that type, so does Sony. They get invited to events and some occasional free stuff, I think that is the extent of it. The Xbox Ready guy is fairly transparent with how MS has interacted with him. Xbox gaming is a niche on YT that creators can get some views from, just a bit smaller than PS. Some raging conspiracy theorists in here.

Last edited:

tommib

The dude is a paid shill. That is what annoys people more so.

It's one thing to joke, it's entirely another when you're corporate backed to create constant war and drama. Says all you need to know about these companies.
He's the definition of a shill pretending to be a journalist and is constantly trolling and pouring fire into console wars. He's an idiot. There's dozens and dozens of these around the "professional" environments.

Last edited:

jm89

Those people just seem like everyday YT creators to me, LOL. MS has programs that reach out to influencers of that type, so does Sony. They get invited to events and some occasional free stuff, I think that is the extent of it.
It isn't the extent of it.

Defining duke guys admitted MS reached out to them before raising game prices to try and ease the fanbase.

Which begs the question, what else do they get xbox "content creators" to do?

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The dude is a paid shill. That is what annoys people more so.

It's one thing to joke, it's entirely another when you're corporate backed to create constant war and drama. Says all you need to know about these companies.
I have told people for awhile here now MS had a ton of people getting reimbursed to speaking glowingly of Xbox from full paid people like this down to free game pass cards and everywhere in between

graywolf323

Those people just seem like everyday YT creators to me, LOL. MS has programs that reach out to influencers of that type, so does Sony. They get invited to events and some occasional free stuff, I think that is the extent of it. The Xbox Ready guy is fairly transparent with how MS has interacted with him. Xbox gaming is a niche on YT that creators can get some views from, just a bit smaller than PS. Some raging conspiracy theorists in here.
c’mon don’t try to SonyToo™ this, we know that Xbox takes it to a whole different level, PlayStation doesn’t have people like Tom Warren, Jez Corden, etc.
I have told people for awhile here now MS had a ton of people getting reimbursed to speaking glowingly of Xbox from full paid people like this down to free game pass cards and everywhere in between
exactly, Microsoft has never stopped astroturfing

Ivan

No place for shit like that on era :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Man. how pathethic you need to be...

Last edited:
Top Bottom