• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - PlayStation 4 = ~60fps, Xbox One = ~30fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainetor

Banned
is the ps4 version equivalent to ultra settings on pc?
nice if it is.
As I said in the other thread,this kinda tells that trefx is really badly optimized on pc.
You need a 780 to have the game running at 60(not even all the time), with that setting on.

Wow. Great scoop EatChildren. Question though, was this from the retail version of the game? I ask because I wonder if MS stepped in and forced parity between platforms.

Anteater

Yes, It's actually quite an achievement to get 60fps with , must surely be using TressFX 2.0, I believe with TressFX the PC version at 1080p on a 7850 would be 30-40fps?

Yea I'm not sure about amd cards, but on my 760gtx the drop was pretty huge with the old TressFX, like 20fps drop depend on the scene, it could get really bad in a cutscene when Lara is on screen.

PS4 owner here. Can I ask for an option for rounder boobies instead of 60fps?

Just kidding (because that'll never happen).

Anyway this is good. This is awesome.

Odrion

Banned
They don't for other "60fps" games like Battlefield and CoD.
CoD doesn't dip down, it's framerate instead goes so high it becomes out of sync with the television.

Also yeah Battlefield 4's framerate is inconsistent but it's better than locked 30. This'll be fine.

Timu

193290.gif

We're in for a long gen aren't we?

Skeff

i've made a huge mistake.

in all seriousness, thats great news for ps4 owners. at 30fps the improvements dont look that large over current gen, but i admit, if the x1 version was 60 it might tempt me to pick it up. i do find it interesting that we have a current gen port that runs at basically twice the framerate on ps4 vs x1 where it seems to me both should be able to hit 60. maybe a case of not bothering to optimize for the more difficult to program system?

A 7770 runs the game at these settings at below 30fps I think with TressFX on. 60 fps is actually impressive rather than 30fps being a bad port IMO.

mrg6290

I'm an Xbox One user and this doesn't surprise me. PS4 has better hardware, more mature dev tools, and less reserved for the OS.

I expect as dev tools mature there might be a bit more parity but for the life of this generation PS4 should be the superior version.

That being said, I'm a console gamer. If framerates and resolutions were my primary concern, I would be gaming on PC.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Or maybe it's time to simply look at the facts and accept that one console is technically more powerful than the other.

i'm not denying that. never have (once we knew what the systems were). but i dont think that 30 fps versus 60 will be the norm.

maybe i'll be proven wrong - but this doesnt convince me.

Can't wait for the journalists to spin that this doesn't matter since no one cares about frame rate or they can't see the difference.

Alfredo

I said, I'd buy this at full price if it ran at 60 FPS...but I only have an Xbox One! Boooo. I guess PS4 is the place to go for multiplatform!

meanspartan

i'm not denying that. never have (once we knew what the systems were). but i dont think that 30 fps versus 60 will be the norm.

maybe i'll be proven wrong - but this doesnt convince me.

If a last gen port doesn't convince you....what will?

I see lots of people pointing out the games where Xbox One does manage 1080p60, like NBA 2k14 for instance, but they ignore all the instances such as this. And there still isn't an example of a game running better on the X1 than Ps4.

If I haven't played this game, should this be an insta-buy? Is it really that good? I haven't played Tomb Raider since the original on PC.

I fapped to pixelated Lara back then. I'm not proud of it. Actually, that's amazing I am proud of that.

I think it is, one of my favorite games of last gen, gonna double dip just don't know if I will do it at 60 dollars, but 60 fps does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom