• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider reboot (PC, PS3, 360) site opens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps she's a lot younger in this one, perhaps in her mid-late teens, thus her features haven't fully matured yet? And by features I do mean her face.

plagiarize said:
erm.

what?

Very masculine jaw, eyes and nose could be from someone of either sex, same with the hair. Like a Final Fantasy character.

EDIT: Put it this way, if you told me it was a picture of a man I wouldn't be at all surprised.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
hikarutilmitt said:
Perhaps she's a lot younger in this one, perhaps in her mid-late teens, thus her features haven't fully matured yet? And by features I do mean her face.
Yeah, to me she looks late-teens.

MYE

pojkg.jpg

Ohh-mmmm dirty Lara...
hmmmmm <333

BobsRevenge

Ellis Kim said:
the blatant photoshop dirt marks make it look artificial, certainly.
It was obviously either done on a computer, or finished on one, but its definitely a "painting".

feel

I'm loving this androgynous look on her. She looks beautiful. I hope they manage to capture it well ingame.

BobsRevenge

Letters said:
I'm loving this androgynous look on her. She looks beautiful. I hope they manage to capture it well ingame.
She isn't androgynous at all dude. She looks very feminine to me. I mean, she's not wearing any make up, but that is hardly an androgynous looking person. No one would look at that picture and think it could be a dude.

Erebus

BobsRevenge said:
She isn't androgynous at all dude. She looks very feminine to me. I mean, she's not wearing any make up, but that is hardly an androgynous looking person. No one would look at that picture and think it could be a dude.

BobsRevenge said:
I think where all the androgynous comments are coming from is the fact that she has a pronounced jawline and a nose that isn't necessarily identifiably feminine. It lends to her character actually; her lips are very feminine, innocent and sweet and yet her face as a whole makes her look tough. I love it.

Nice. If this was done on Uncharted 2's engine, she'd look pretty close to that render, hair and all. Sadly, that's never going to happen. Still, consider this game bought, whenever it's coming. This is how you do a reboot, Capcom *cough*D@m#C*puke*cough*

CosmicGroinPull said:
Nice. If this was done on Uncharted 2's engine, she'd look pretty close to that render, hair and all. Sadly, that's never going to happen. Still, consider this game bought, whenever it's coming. This is how you do a reboot, Capcom *cough*D@m#C*puke*cough*
underworld had a great engine given it was multiplatform. no reason to think this won't be great looking.

Yeah she looks though but doesn't look 'masculine' or 'androgynous'. She's got a very pronounced feminine quality. Perhaps people are too used to the lolita of the JRPGS.

BobsRevenge said:
Agreed

feel

BobsRevenge said:
Shave her head and I could easily make that mistake. Either way, with looks like that I'd probably let that dude bang me and I'm not even gay. She looks really good imo.

Wait, that's what she's going to look like in the game? Holy fuck.

(Wait, probably in CG cutscenes but not during the whole game, right?)

ArjanN

Fio said:
In a FF game she'd be a man.

That says more about FF than about this redesign of Lara.

Doesn't look androgynous at all, she just looks dirtied and bloody, and not as sexualized on usual.

Miggytronz

Skiptastic said:

God of War 3 looked just as good and it was in game.

Haunted

Skiptastic said:

We don't know what the game will look like at all for now.

BobsRevenge

Letters said:
Shave her head and I could easily make that mistake. Either way, with looks like that I'd probably let that dude bang me and I'm not even gay. She looks really good imo.
If someone shaved the head and told me it was a dude I'd think it was an extremely androgynous dude. The large eyes, the cute small nose, the very UNsquare jawline, and the thick lips...

Even with a shaved head I don't think I'd be confused. I can't pick out any masculine characteristics. Every single element of the face looks feminine to me. Not exaggerated feminine, but definitely tilting towards feminine.

edit: She just looks young, maybe.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Government-man said:
Yeah she looks though but doesn't look 'masculine' or 'androgynous'. She's got a very pronounced feminine quality. Perhaps people are too used to the lolita of the JRPGS.
I don't think its even that. I blame the fact that its GAF.

MYE

Doesnt look like the same chick in that wallpaper :/
EDIT: The face looks rounder. I hope you can keep her dirty in-game

Elios83 said:
CG has made a long way:

Previous young Lara:

2qjjdcl.jpg

:lol

f3ysrd.jpg

Carlisle

Really hot, she looks like a Biel/Alba lovechild... and that artwork captures a new gritty, more human style to Tomb Raider that could be really awesome.

I'm hyped. Good thing Guardian of Light came out to inspire the realization that Tomb Raider can do something new and be totally awesome at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom