• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 - First details/screens, PS4/XB1/PS3/360 (Robomodo)

Platy

Strange selection of consoles.... ps4/xb1 and no pc ? ps3/360 and no wii u ?

Those are usualy side by side =P

Bob White

thps5_warehouse_tony_3_copy.jpg

4102.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Project 8 and Proving Ground were the best looking games in the series and still look decent today.
It was the frame-rate that hurt those releases. For THPS5 they need to hit 60fps at least on next-gen systems. 30fps won't cut it.

Bgamer90

Banned
Shoot projectiles out of a skateboard? All I can remember is the online Firefight mode introduced in THUG and what may have been some missions in THUG 2 and THAW.

I could have sworn there were a few missions (mainly in THPS 4) in which you and/or other in game characters shot items as well as other item collect missions in which the items gave you speed boosts. I could be mistaken though. The only accurate memory I have of THPS 4's career mode was the mission in the zoo where you had to skitch the elephant while it was pooping (lol). All of my other memories come from online play.

KHlover

Banned
Forget the head for a moment...what the fuck is up with his hand?

thpsu0uoi.jpg

Did someone skin him or what? Baaad lighting.

I'll just wait for some gameplay videos and impressions. That'll determine whether they get it or no. We need to hear if Robomodo heard the complaints that they messed up the physics engine in the remaster. If they did then this may be fine. I'm not bothered by the addition of projectiles since it mentions that it's just for certain missions.

Paradicia

This looks like a download only title. They could have done so much more with this. I would have loved if EA Black Box and Tony collaborated. Robomodo has such a horrible track record. The franchise was put on hold because of them in the first place. I cannot for the life of me know why they are being allowed to develop another TH game.

The initial price for the game was $120 for a bundle including the skateboard controller and approximately $50 for the stand-alone game. During its first week on sale in the United States, the game sold 3,000 copies; combined with the negative reception, the Tony Hawk franchise was put on hold.

This looks like a download only title. They could have done so much more with this. I would have loved if EA Black Box and Tony collaborated. Robomodo has such a horrible track record. The franchise was put on hold because of them in the first place. I cannot for the life of me know why they are being allowed to develop another TH game.

Jesus Christ, I didn't think sales would be that bad.

Iacobellis

I could have sworn there were a few missions (mainly in THPS 4) in which you and/or other in game characters shot items as well as other item collect missions in which the items gave you speed boosts. I could be mistaken though. The only accurate memory I have of THPS 4's career mode was the mission in the zoo where you had to skitch the elephant while it was pooping (lol). All of my other memories come from online play.

There was King of the Hill where holding the crown made you slower, but that's all I remember in THPS4 that was item-based. Only did split screen multiplayer back when it was new.

Razorback

Being cross gen doesn't excuse how bad this looks.

And I can't go back to just doing button combos after using the thumbstick for tricks in Skate.

myco666

It's Robomodo. Don't get your hopes up for competence.

It wasn't touted as a main feature in THUG. It was an optional multiplayer mode

It is used in specific missions only though. Like driving in THUG. It is not like it is all over the game from the sound of it.

Ninjatogo

Haven't played a tony hawk game since American Wasteland; are the latest games still funny/wacky like they used to be? Call me strange but I actually liked some of the humor from those older games.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Argh, cross gen!

Oh well, excited for some real Tony Hawk. Let's do it and may the soundtrack be fucking crazy.

Throw that money around Activision.

SliChillax

No PC, looks rough... ugh...

I miss playing all of Tony Hawks games with my friends in high school, we would go to his house and play all day trying out different sneakers. Those times will never come back.

Myggen

As the name indicates, Pro Skater 5 is a call back to the old-school lineage of the first four titles – back when the franchise was in its prime. The game weds the series' finely tuned gameplay with new additions such as power-ups and the ability to shoot projectiles for specific missions.

2743444-6702353824-tumbl.gif

Top Bottom