• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human IGN video - RPG Systems, Gameplay, Arenas & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinp

Banned
snack said:
DEMO TOMORROW? BELIEVE!

i-want-to-believe.jpg

I know that there's many cynics about this game. But I for one think Too Human is going to be amazing, from a storyline and presentation view, to the action gameplay. Silicon Knights does not want to fuck this one up, and I don't think they will. It's going to be awsome.

Mifune

Mehmber
I think for the first time ever, I can actually say that the game looks like fun.

The animation still isn't top-notch, but the gameplay looks fast and frantic.

IoCaster

As long as the story and presentation is excellent I'm there. For all of it's many problems, Mass Effect was my GOTY and if Too Human can carry that torch forward I'll be happy to buy into the experience.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm so mixed after watching that. It looks sorta fun as just a hack and slash, although the dashing and hitting enemies looked piss easy and would get boring after a few minutes. But i can totally see someone just sinking a huge amount of time into the game, doing levels over and over again, tweaking stats, different weapons and so on.

Anduron

The animation still isn't perfect but I think it finally looks playable. My eyes no longer bleed so I can believe in this game again.

Mifune

Mehmber
The Summons-type moves (forget what they're called) look pretty fuckin' cool.

Nice to get a look at the more organic environments, too.

Dali

Nice game footage.

If you are reading this Dyack, you guys might want to consider another format next time. This cheesy infomercial-like, game hyping video could have been done a lot better. Look at the developer done Assassin's Creed stuff or the Mass Effect developer videos for pointers on how to inform the audience without seeming so... forced/fake.

Teriyaki

Wow, looks pretty good. Hope to see more this week at GDC.

On another note, Diet Dr. Pepper and Nestea do not mix well.

Kosma

Banned
I hate when people say stuff like "PC version please"

but

PC version please. It's MS published right? So it could happen.

RumFore

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
I hate when people say stuff like "PC version please"

but

PC version please. It's MS published right? So it could happen.

You should first look at the fact if the developer is also or was a PC developer. They mainly deal with consoles.

KTallguy

Banned
Mifune said:
I think for the first time ever, I can actually say that the game looks like fun.

The animation still isn't top-notch, but the gameplay looks fast and frantic.

This. It looks markedly better than last time. Animation still needs work but it's definitely a huge improvement from last time. If anything, the system is very robust.

I just hate how he does a little "insta-dash" to every enemy when doing hand to hand combat.

Bildi

Nice to see some areas other than the usual blue halls which are getting a bit boring. The outdoor areas looked really nice.

SK also need to invest in a table with shorter legs.

IoCaster

My unsolicited advice....

Oh, and just to add to my point above, please make sure that you've completed a full story arc in this first installment. It would be best to emulate Bioware and give the first game an epic finish while promising an extended storyline for things to come in the next chapter. Don't fuck this up guys.

FrankT

This game has my name written all over it. Still, day one. For goodness sake can we get a demo/release date, something.

beerbelly

Banned
The main character looks too old to be able to do these Dante-type aerobics :lol The framerate looks much more stable although it looks sub-20's.

Looks much improved. I still don't see how this game will support 4 player coop though. The player is literally smashing through guys so quickly. Maybe that was on easy mode, but still it seems like 4 players would be a wrecking ball.

I wasn't overly impressed by the go nuts slashing a billion dudes at once sort of stuff. The things I liked were the more single targeted gameplay. A guy shooting an enemy with big gunshot and reloading. Or one where this huge enemy is smashing down with his hammer and the player has to jump to avoid the area of effect attack produced by that hammer. He then comes in close to the enemy and is able to dodge an arm swing by rolling. Thats more of what I like to see, some more of those evasive action elements as well as the god of war like finishes or super hits where he jumps on an enemy and slices into him for massive damage I guess. Just those elements that are more akin to your God of War and such rather than your Dynasty Warrior type of gameplay.

With that said I can't wait for a demo.

Kosma

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
To hell with that insider shit.

You gotta have insider to watch crappy rez videos! BAH!

But WrikaWrek don't you like paying premium prices for sub par services?

beerbelly said:
The main character looks too old to be able to do these Dante-type aerobics :lol

You know he is half man half cyborg and oh yeah....you know....sort of....whatcha call it...a god?

jet1911

WrikaWrek said:
To hell with that insider shit.

You gotta have insider to watch crappy rez videos! BAH!

Huh? You can watch the video without a subscription. You just have to enter your birth date.

I've always been a supporter of this shit, and it's clear now that Too Human will be the holy grail of console multiplayer gaming. The game looks absolutely fantastic, i can't wait to build up those combos with my friends and slide around all over the place. Fucking Awesome, Dyack. Fucking. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom