• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Ricker

Since they decided to take away the cut-scenes in Co-op,i'll play the single player alone first for the story and all and after that jump into the co-op goodness of looting,grinding for better weapons and all.You can add me to the list,Gamertag is "Ricker" :D

Jinfash said:
everyone, start F5ing your IGN pages. :lol

Definitely. On one hand they've been hosting an official Too Human blog, but on the other they released that pretty harsh list of things to do to "fix the game" last month.

Soroc

I've dropped this on the top of my gamefly queue. Which I will probably use my coupons on to keep it after it comes in. Please add me to the list gamertag "Soroc"

Danthrax said:
Yeah Chrange said it doesn't necessarily have to be set to 2009, just past the release date probably. You may be able to advance your Xbox's calendar by a month and get the same results. Setting it ahead to 2009 definitely gets the job done though, in MGS3-like fashion. =P

Thats so... wierd. Whats with the A spamming glitch as well?

Hey everyone - nice thread :)

In the post it OP is says:

"Just remember that, no, the real game doesn't let you heal either."

This is actually not entirely true. When you see glowing destroyable or breakables you get health or money. The % chance of health is inversely proportional to your health. So the more you need health the more likely you will get it (5% life left means 95% of getting health drop). So when you are hurting run to these.

Hope that helps. :)

Denis

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Denis Dyack said:

This is actually not entirely true. When you see glowing destroyable or breakables you get health or money. The % chance of health is inversely proportional to your health. So the more you need health the more likely you will get it (5% life left means 95% of getting health drop). So when you are hurting run to these.

Denis

:O

EDIT: you better stick around this thread when the game gets released ;)

Denis Dyack said:
Why would I not :). Is this not my home away from home? :)

If by home you mean post apocolyptic hell in which giant walking crabs control the planet, sure.

Anyway, good luck with the reviews!

PhatSaqs

Banned
Jinfash said:
it's supposed to, but what i meant was: why waste time on teamxbox? they kinda suck :p
Probably because they dont post fat joke insults and suicide mspaint drawings.....

Anwyay. GL Denis and congrats on finishing up the game.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
PhatSaqs said:
Probably because they dont post fat joke insults and suicide mspaint drawings.....

Anwyay. GL Denis and congrats on finishing up the game.
what where (shhhhhhhhhhh)

Larsen B

funkmastergeneral said:
So it's going to be really hard to die in the game, what with health drops appearing all the time when you need them most?

Only if you're lucky enough to have a breakable nearby.

From what I gather, the health drops from enemies aren't affected so wildly, so wading into the middle of 60 goblins with a Bio Engineer is still a bad idea.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Hey Denis are there selectable difficulty levels? Like with Diablo or even DMC once you beat it you can up the difficutly if you want.

edit: about the health thing, i think thas where your guns will be really useful. kind of stay out of the fight for a while and pick off enemies until they drop a health orb.

border

SPEA said:
Character Plotter (Java)

Saw this posted over at TooHuman.net. Someone over there wrote a skill tree plotter in Java. It's pretty neat. If you guys wanna start working on your builds now, it's a big help.

The Plotter: http://pyreflies.nu/hench/TooHuman/TooHumanCalc.jar

I can't get this stupid thing working, and even if I could I'd be worried about some nutball having thrown in a virus or a keylogger or something. Isn't there an official web-based talent calculator? I don't see why you'd need to make a Java application, when WoW's calculators are all web based as well.

Doodis

Jinfash said:
it's supposed to, but what i meant was: why waste time on teamxbox? they kinda suck :p

Hey, go easy on teamxbox. When all the shit was being thrown at Too Human here, there was pretty much nothing but eager anticipation in the TXB thread.

JSnake

Denis Dyack said:

Denis

NICE.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Doodis said:
Hey, go easy on teamxbox. When all the shit was being thrown at Too Human here, there was pretty much nothing but eager anticipation in the TXB thread.
actually that's not entirely true... but never mind, let's not derail the thread.

Eric WK

Doodis said:

And everywhere else on the internet, pretty much. Much of GAF likes to think he or she is the sole bearer of truth, but at the end of the day, most people had fun with the demo and liked the game. Of course there wasn't universal praise, but at the very least, there wasn't anywhere near the hate it received here.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Denis Dyack said:

Denis

Oh hey thanks, I'll edit that into the OP then.

BTW welcome and yes, this may be your home away from home if you'd like. I'm sure we'd all appreciate you giving comments and whatnot leading up to the game's release (and thereafter, even).

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Eric WK said:
And everywhere else on the internet, pretty much. Much of GAF likes to think he or she is the sole bearer of truth, but at the end of the day, most people had fun with the demo and liked the game. Of course there wasn't universal praise, but at the very least, there wasn't anywhere near the hate it received here.
you actually should be grateful for GAF accommodating all these people with extremely different tastes and opinions :p it would be a less interesting place if it wasn't ;)

Xenon

_tetsuo_ said:
Hey Denis are there selectable difficulty levels? Like with Diablo or even DMC once you beat it you can up the difficutly if you want.

edit: about the health thing, i think thas where your guns will be really useful. kind of stay out of the fight for a while and pick off enemies until they drop a health orb.

You still have to get to said orb ;) which I find very fun.

To add to Tetsuo's question, if they do have levels like PSO where you can select easy/hard/very runs, will you ever hit a wall and have the option to grind it out in lower levels?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
We demand Denis's gamertag for the OP

edit: wait......... thisisneogafdude.gif. probably not a good idea to release that info here lol.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The list of achievements for TH is up at achieve360points.com here: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/toohuman/ (thanks Cornballer!)

I added the link in the OP under "Other Cool Stuff." Not sure if I should list all of them in the OP or just leave it as a link. I don't want it to get too cluttered or bogged down with a huge list, but if you guys want it, I'll make it happen.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'll be missing the launch of this since I won't be back till the end of the month, but I'll be reading impressions, as I generally loved the demo despite little dislikes here and there...

Doodis said:

Exactly, and just like the rest of the forums around the internet too - it's like the loudest noise came from here...

If you only read GAF, I'd bet you'd be surprised at how positive everyone else thinks about the game...

Soroc

I'm really looking forward to playing this game. I've tried google searching for some of the red epic armor sets but I keep getting that stupid preorder loot instead. Is there anywhere I can see the Epic, Legendary or whatever they call the top tier gear for each of the classes?

Thanks!

Doodis

Soroc said:
I'm really looking forward to playing this game. I've tried google searching for some of the red epic armor sets but I keep getting that stupid preorder loot instead. Is there anywhere I can see the Epic, Legendary or whatever they call the top tier gear for each of the classes?

Thanks!
They haven't really been revealed yet. At least, if they have, they haven't been called out specifically as being epic sets.

Soroc

Doodis said:
They haven't really been revealed yet. At least, if they have, they haven't been called out specifically as being epic sets.

arrghhh!

Come on Dyack, please hook up the loot whores with at least one pic of an epic set! :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Can't wait I hope I can take advantage of the TRU buy one get one half off deal so I can get this and madden.

I like the loot management system I hate it in mass effect I always get full and it takes forever to make space so I can get new gear.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Hype... rising...

Just got back from GameStop with my pre-order card. Shit just got real!

Has anyone read or do we know how the pre-order armor sets will work in-game? What I mean is, do you get them right off or is it something you'll get at a later level or something? Perhaps they are blueprints and you gotta save up enough to craft them, that would be a good way of doing it methinks.

fin

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Ughhhh the wait is killing me...

So who else is getting pumped for next week?

What's even better is that my GF is working nights so I get the house all to myself. I'll be playing Too Human from 5:00pm-1:00am, complete with Halo 3 and Braid breaks. It's going to be a good week!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
New review is out, this time from Playboy magazine, according to some poster on the IGN Insider forums. I'll let him explain:

IGN poster said:
The review is by Marc Saltzman, who used to work for tech tv and has written a few books on gaming

Just got it in the mail (was a joke gift/I read the articles/im a collector, bs, bs, bs).

They gave it 2.5 bunnies out of 4 (they actually rarely give out a perfect score).

-Falls just short of greatness
-Sprawling, epic, gets alot right
-great boss fights and upgrade system, that in their opinion loses its magic as you progress

-repetitive (like all games of this type to a degree)
-uninspired level design
-camera isn't for everyone

The thing that makes me wary though is that Playboy has video game reviews on its Web site that are 1) written by someone not named Marc Saltzman, and 2) use a 0 to 100% rating system, not a "4 bunnies" rating system.

Does anyone know if they review games separately for the mag and the site? Has anyone seen this other form of rating system in the magazine?*

Note: This requires admitting you "read" Playboy, teehee

sevenchaos said:
Have the codes already been handed out at the Gamestops?!

Not sure but I went straight to BB and preordered it from the shelf. The card was inside the preorder box. I love getting my Preorders from BB because they usually have the preorder bonuses inside empty cases, which i use for other games.

Just called my Gamestop about the armor set cards. Idiot asked whether I thought they should hand them out now or wait til release day. Told him it wasn't my call. He insisted as I was the consumer blah blah blah. I'll just walk in and talk to a face later today/tomorrow.

ringlord

I preordered from Gamestop's website, but chose in-store pickup in order to get the game on release. They emailed me my armor code a couple days ago.

Looking forward to this release... judging by the demo, I should enjoy it.

Top Bottom