• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Soroc

Ok Hype is definitely rising now :D Since I'm bored at work I played with the skill trees.

Ok here are my two builds. Both will be Bioengineer, Human Alignment.

The first one will be for my first playthrough, a little more dps/grinder oriented for solo play. This should be pretty high damage output for a healer class.

~Skills~
Human Spiritual Ruiner: 4/5
Idunn's Touch (Group Skill): 6/8
Warrior of Tyrs Way: 10/10
Gifts of Iduun: 4/10
Iduun's Wish: 10/10
Electrified Blade: 8/10
Spirit of Fenrir: 10/10

~Allignment~
The Everburning Heart: 5/5
Hero's Heart: 6/10
Desire to Overcome: 6/10
Call of Ruin: 6/10
Spirit Renewal: 10/10
Quick to Anger: 10/10

Total: 95

Second Build is for Co-op. I plan to respec after finishing solo to be a full forced big burst healing. This spec puts out high heals through ruiner and spider low recharge times, hopefully being able to spam if needed.

~Skills~
Human Spiritual Ruiner: 5/5
Idunn's Touch (Group Skill): 8/8
Warrior of the Battle-Oar: 10/10
Ward of the NORNs: 10/10
Iduun's Favor: 10/10
Cellular Rebonding (Group Skill): 10/10
Spirit of Fenrir: 2/10

~Allignment~
The Everburning Heart: 2/5
Hero's Heart: 6/10
Desire to Overcome: 6/10
Call of Ruin: 6/10
Spirit Renewal: 10/10
Quick to Anger: 10/10

Total: 95

Gowans

I'm still gutted you North American swines are getting this TEN DAYS before the UK.

I expect some good reading in that time.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Gowans007 said:
I'm still gutted you North American swines are getting this TEN DAYS before the UK.

I expect some good reading in that time.

Be happy it's not ten MONTHS like a lot of releases :lol

Gowans

Danthrax said:
Be happy it's not ten MONTHS like a lot of releases :lol

yeah the Rock Band wait was horrible, most 360 releases have been in the same week for ages now tho.

I'm sure I'll live ;)

border

Soroc said:
Ok Hype is definitely rising now :D Since I'm bored at work I played with the skill trees.

Every time I try to launch the talent calculator, the Java VM tells me "Could not find the main class. Now exiting."

Any suggestions?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Gowans007 said:
yeah the Rock Band wait was horrible, most 360 releases have been in the same week for ages now tho.

I'm sure I'll live ;)
you bastards got the club a few weeks before us though :mad:

Johann

You can unlock the other classes in the demo? Are they different enough from the classes in the demo to download it again?

How did anyone think of the method of unlocking? The Bioshock difficulty unlock made some sense.

Eric WK

Johann said:
You can unlock the other classes in the demo? Are they different enough from the classes in the demo to download it again?

How did anyone think of the method of unlocking? The Bioshock difficulty unlock made some sense.

It's intentional. Silicon Knights made it so the classes unlocked over time, one every week or two or something. You're not "unlocking" anything by putting the time ahead, just cheating the system.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Johann said:

Just quickly press left (i think. could very well be right though) on the stick and press A at the same time to select the character. Should load right up. The experience of playing Berzerker is well worth a second dl. Chop chop!

I'm still on the fence about this game in a way, although my mind is pretty much mad up to buy. I've never really played a loot game before (although I did really dig that aspect in Oblivion) but the story and combat are pretty interesting enough to have me play the demo 5 times, so I think that's a buy. I get paid on the 27th, so i may quickly pre-order at HMV to get the 1000 MS points when I get paid. That way I can afford Braid too! Win!

EazyB

Banned
I only played through it using the default character so I wanna boot it back up and see how the others play. It's low-level play so it probably isn't remarkably different, but it give me an excuse to play through it again.

ntb825 said:
Day 1. Really enjoyed the demo.

Thanks for posting here, Denis!

It is my pleasure, I want to thank everyone involved for a properly moderated thread. I hope this trend continues for other games in the future as well.

goldenpp72

I think this is the only peaceful too human thread so far.

denis, do you have any thoughts or feelings on the recent game informer review? I've decided to still go along with my preorder buy (got that preorder armor code as an incentive) but i'm curious as a developer, what kind of reaction that provokes among the developers?

Do you expect better reviews or do they just not 'get it'

fin

Denis Dyack said:
It is my pleasure, I want to thank everyone involved for a properly moderated thread. I hope this trend continues for other games in the future as well.

Yeah, it's going to be nice to just discuss the game while actually playing it. Not discussing the technical quality, but the content of the game. It'll be a nice change of pace that's for sure.

Gattsu25

Banned
Denis Dyack said:
I'm sure the mods will be happy to accommodate all the other developers out there.

VaLiancY

I'll link my Berserker theorycraft tree later. It mainly focuses on combo and melee speed opposed melee damage. I wanted to spec more into Slide speed but the prerequisites weren't all that hot to my playstyle. It's also a cybernetic so I can do faster attacks with a higher combo level.

Brannon said:
NOOOOO let there be peace damn it!

What a bloodbath that would be.

Anyway, I've got next week off and I still love Eternal Darkness even though I'm a little iffy on the Too Human demo (throws you in a little too fast, don't quite get time to understand any of the gameplay nuances). I'll be there day one out of sheer lack of other stuff to do. No matter the gameplay the art aspects of this game fascinate me, accurate or not.

Chrange

Banned
Chrange said:
http://www.wipido.com/video/2rHath29wkZN
http://www.wipido.com/video/ugTmathodvFY

Videos my friend made from the demo. I asked if he was going to do one for each class but he's kind of lazy so I doubt it. And he spelled Berserker with a 'z' for crying out loud...

http://www.wipido.com/video/6ipSk4ByJbui

He said this will be his only Bio Engineer video lol. He doesn't like the class at all but did this combo with it while trying to show me one he did earlier with the Berserker.

VaLiancY

Melee Weapons

Hammers: Capable of inflicting blunt damage, hammers excel in smashing the ground and launching(easy juggles for combo meter) multiple enemies into the air with ease.

Staves: Steady weapons capable of inflicting piercing(armor ignore) damage over a wide arc.

Swords: Precision instruments capable of dealing a high amount of slashing damage to designated targets.

Melee Weapon Specializations

1 Handed: Exacting strikes with bonus chance to inflict critical damage.(High proc for critical hits; Tis why a Champion is hawt)

2 Handed: Large & powerful strikes that inflict high damage and a bonus chance to inflict status effects when available.(High proc for status effects like damage over time or roots)

Dual Wield: Use of two offensive weapons allow for faster strikes.

Ballistic Weaponry

Pistols: Capable of dual fire, Short range of fire, faster rate of fire, low end damage.

Rifles: Medium range weaponry, medium damage output, secondary fire mode consist of a grenade launcher.

Cannons: High damage output, excels in anti-missile defense, high penetrating chance. Requires Cybernetic alignment

Ballistic Specializations

Slug: Rapid fire slashing* damage.(*High crit chance maybe?)

Plasma: Slow rate of fire, rounds have a splash damage over a wide radius.(Excels in killing tight groups of enemies)

Laser: High damage output, high piercing ability to single enemy. Lasers excel in damage over time against one target.(Like focusing a magnifying glass)[/LEFT]

Armored Augmentations

Head/Helms: Increases lock-on distance for ballistics. Enhances Battle Cries and Ruiners damage/radius/buff duration. Cybernetic alignment increases weaponry damage.

Torso: Damage reduction, increases ammo capacity, augments healing properties, enhances spider connectivity.

Shoulders: Air combat modifiers, increases juggle ability and increases air combat damage.

Hands: Increases armor and enhances repair functionality. Cybernetic alignment increases damage with melee weapons and increases accuracy with ranged weapons.

Legs: Reduces ammunition reloading speed. Improves slide speed for quicker combos. Cybernetic alignment increases knockback force.

Boots: Further augments slide speed and dodge ability. Cybernetic enhancements further augment battle cry ability.

If you could put this in the OP as a resource for weapon and armor mechanics. I got this information from promotion media and gathering information from skill talent tree videos and some blog reading.

Brannon said:
I wonder if this Freya gets as pissed off as the one in Valkyrie Profile?

That would be Awesome.
Ahaha, man. When Freya got mad at me in VP, I felt really bad. It really felt like you were being scolded. :lol

man, that would be sick if denis actually played with us, probably one of the best xbox live experiences ever.

thanks to valiancy for typing up that great bit of info :)

i have my reserve fully paid off @ gamestop (has been for quite a while now) and i'm a little worried about getting my pre-order armor sets, as my gamestop never seems to get preorder bonuses. i'm thinking about buying the preorder box @ best buy just so i can be sure to have them. *shruggs* it's worth the 5 bucks to me.

RAGNAROK IS UPON US!

Chrange

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
How are you supposed to attack mobs as a commando? It seems once you get swarmed your pretty screwed.

Don't get swarmed? Keep backing up, roll away, or use grenades. I'm not sure if a commando with a two-handed hammer gets the aoe serve, but you could use that too.

Chrange said:
http://www.wipido.com/video/6ipSk4ByJbui
http://www.wipido.com/video/2rHath29wkZN
http://www.wipido.com/video/ugTmathodvFY

Videos my friend made from the demo. I asked if he was going to do one for each class but he's kind of lazy so I doubt it. And he spelled Berserker with a 'z' for crying out loud...
He said this will be his only Bio Engineer video lol. He doesn't like the class at all but did this combo with it while trying to show me one he did earlier with the Berserker.

These are really well done, especially the commando vid.

NEO Frog

Banned
xS1TH L0RDx said:
i have my reserve fully paid off @ gamestop (has been for quite a while now) and i'm a little worried about getting my pre-order armor sets, as my gamestop never seems to get preorder bonuses.
It is cause they give them to their friends. Trust me, I am one of those "friends" so I know!

:D

Xenon

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
How are you supposed to attack mobs as a commando? It seems once you get swarmed your pretty screwed.

The key is to not slide into them in the first place. You should only slide toward guys who are away from a mob. If you do end up surrounded, you should grenade and look for an opening to get to the perimeter. Also reload manually, its faster than auto reload once you run out.

I took a quick peek at the guide for this game and now I know the entire story. Since when do they include the entire storyline in the short character bios in the beginning? Kind of less excited now even if it is partly my fault.

bathala

Banned
Xenon said:
The key is to not slide into them in the first place. You should only slide toward guys who are away from a mob. If you do end up surrounded, you should grenade and look for an opening to get to the perimeter. Also reload manually, its faster than auto reload once you run out.
that's a good advice. that will be the class I'll be playing.
when i get home i might try the demo as Commando

Meier

How are the achievements for this game? Are half of them insanely difficult unless you play through it multiple times? I don't have the time or patience to do that in this day and age..

Top Bottom