• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You guys don't understand.

I have regularly googled "Durarara season 2" like clockwork every three/four months.

I started reading the fan-translated versions of the light novels. I'm still only on the first one, #4 (since the anime covered #1-3 with perfect accuracy.)

For the record, there are 13 volumes out now. There's enough content to make over THREE NEW SEASONS OF THE SHOW.

Considering how many animes are stupidly started way before the manga is finished and then the anime teams have to make up bullshit partway through, this was a revelation to me. Why would they put in all that effort for other stupid animes when there's thirteen volumes of Durarara!! right there on the table?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE AOBA, THE HOLLYWOOD KILLER, THE CELTY CHASE, ETC ETC ANIMATED

I NEED THIS IN MY VEINS

Crocodile

Ben 10 is awful in pretty much all its iterations. Its as FOR KIDS as an action show can get. Generator Rex was pretty decent though. Also LOL at the idea of CN having consistent schedules though I guess they are better than most other

is Tiger and Bunny worth watching? Just got done seeing the Rising movie and might want to give the show a shot

I recall liking the show quite a bit thought the final arc could have been written/handled better. Would make an ideal Toonami Show hence why we often bring it up in here.

Aww yea Boondocks

Boondocks is anime right

Dai Sato thinks so
:)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What do you think Boondocks Season 4 will cover?
I imagine the GOP will get an episode, and Obama's re-election.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You guys don't understand.

I have regularly googled "Durarara season 2" like clockwork every three/four months.

I started reading the fan-translated versions of the light novels. I'm still only on the first one, #4 (since the anime covered #1-3 with perfect accuracy.)

For the record, there are 13 volumes out now. There's enough content to make over THREE NEW SEASONS OF THE SHOW.

Considering how many animes are stupidly started way before the manga is finished and then the anime teams have to make up bullshit partway through, this was a revelation to me. Why would they put in all that effort for other stupid animes when there's thirteen volumes of Durarara!! right there on the table?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE AOBA, THE HOLLYWOOD KILLER, THE CELTY CHASE, ETC ETC ANIMATED

I NEED THIS IN MY VEINS
haha, im happy for you

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRoZlkAgllln3h

zlCfzRoZlkAgllln3h

Gorillaz

What do you think Boondocks Season 4 will cover?
I imagine the GOP will get an episode, and Obama's re-election.
Obama reelection and possibly NSA parodies

NSA parodies would work perfectly with the show since Huey has always been suspicious of gov tracking

Amikami

Banned
Kill la Kill Episode 22

I don’t think in all the episodes of this show so far, have I found myself smiling ear to ear, from start to finish like I did this episode. I couldn’t help it. Besides from being exciting and getting me hyped for the next episode, it was genuinely touching. I don’t even know where to start. Was so glad that my wish got fulfilled and that Ryuuko
could at least acknowledge her mistake and gain a good lesson from it. Was kinda her first line in the episode. Good to see she’s acknowledging her friends also. I love the way senketsu broke down and started crying immediately after. Poor guy’s been emotional since Ryuuko left him. It feels great to see them back together.

What a damn thrill it was to see
Nui get knocked senseless. How many fools can be made of one Nui?
Many. Many fools were made this episode. Felt soooo good. Damn that one person’s who name I can’t spell
for the save, but I know her pain
is prolonged because of it.

All the
Ryuuko/Satsuki
moments were really well done. I didn’t really know what to think of their first scene together at first. I wasn’t ready to see emotional Ryuuko again, but I could see where she was coming from and besides, she turned out not being that emotional and was kinda bluffing.
Good guy or not, treating everyone like shit and pawns and being so incredible manipulative isn’t going to gain any trust. I could go without the “settling conflicts with fist” idea that anime seems to like, but overall, I can see where the mistrust would come from. But the scene turns out being very touching and there already is kind of a sisterly connection growing. Satsuki isn’t perfect either and in a way, both sisters learned the same lesson. And dat Satsuki salute to top it off. Some great growth from both characters and I hadn’t even realized Satsuki needed it but a good inclusion.

So many scenes that seem to focus on restoring or growing bonds between characters and I think that’s its handled incredibly well without dragging them on for some sort of cute factor.
Duel Synchronization was another great touch. Really like how Satsuki and Ryuuko’s their relationship was built this episode.
Then we get back into the action as we must be approaching the final conflict and climax of this show and shit’s getting real again.
We got some pacific rim shit up in here and just when I’m curious of what DTR they had in store to fight this thing….HOLY SHIT!! We got the Muthafucking Caption of the FIGHT CLUB IN HERE!!!? COVERS better watch the fuck out!! I’m serious! SOOOOOO GOOOOOD! Why isn’t that suit 3 star though?? Iori’s got some work to do!

*pant* I need a moment to reflect. Is the next episode out yet??!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
My last Durarara!! freakout on January 17 seems sooooooo prophetic now.

Haven't seen Baccano so I can't comment on whether or not it's a pale imitation. What I do know is I love Durarara!!, its characters, its settings, its storylines, and I know any other series would have a hard time evoking the same reaction out of me. Durarara!! is one of the few series where I let my heart rule over my head, and I don't really care what that makes people say about me. Reading the light novels only reinforces my love.

90CGrdS.jpg

Bigger than my grief for Sym-Bionic Titan, Firefly, or any other show is my grief that Durarara!! has not received a second season. There's still so much perfection yet to adapt.

PSNEPga.jpg

Andrex said:
D

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co4_r1_250.gif

U

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co3_r1_250.gif

R

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co5_r1_250.gif

A

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co1_250.gif

R

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co8_r1_250.gif

A

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co7_r1_250.gif

R

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co6_r4_250.gif

A

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co9_r1_250.gif

!

tumblr_mz7lnsLmDk1s7f89co2_250.gif

!

NahFEYl.jpg

Bosskado the Triumphant

My very soul aches for another season. Don't do this to me Brain's Base. :( :( :(

>_<

Andrex said:
2014: Rise of Durarara!!GAF

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN
FuqnPhm.gif

IDEA: TOONAMI SHOULD AIR DRRR SEASON ONE IN ORDER TO PREP FOR SEASON TWO IN 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom