• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

For as much hate as Anakin and Padme's relationship gets in 2, I don't think it gets ENOUGH hate. Anakin is a fucking creepshow who looks and acts like he's going to murder her throughout most of that movie and it's mind-boggling that anyone thought that was a believable romance.

For as much hate as Anakin and Padme's relationship gets in 2, I don't think it gets ENOUGH hate. Anakin is a fucking creepshow who looks and acts like he's going to murder her throughout most of that movie and it's mind-boggling that anyone thought that was a believable romance.

But they can't be together for reasons and they're both attractive, what else do you need?

Raxus

The fact Luke and Leia wound up being brother and sister (like one of my japanese animes!) shows that George Lucas can't write romance to save his life.

Kishi is almost as bad and his female character almost completely tank for that reason. Both write women as a love interest first and then they try (and usually fail) to make them interesting characters later.

06e1c5263285ed61de4f41f12b623329.jpg

Krillin takin so many L's he makes Sanji look good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well damn, they're FINALLY dubbing one of the few Studio Ghibli films that never made it to the US, Only Yesterday. By the time it's released, it'll have been 25 years since it originally premiered in Japan.

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd love to own that Blu-Ray boxed set of a good amount of Ghibli/Miyazaki movies.

Well damn, they're FINALLY dubbing one of the few Studio Ghibli films that never made it to the US, Only Yesterday. By the time it's released, it'll have been 25 years since it originally premiered in Japan.

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd love to own that Blu-Ray boxed set of a good amount of Ghibli/Miyazaki movies.

Holy shit.

BBboy20

I love the salt One Punch Man is already generating
Show/Franchise is in the perfect storm of popularity and praise yet is getting the salt anyways?

The original PSO was a pretty big deal back in the day and still played by some to this day, it's understandable why it's numbered sequel has people curious to try it.
And those who were severely disappointed by Destiny that then learned about the PSO similarities.

That shot of Guts walking toward the camera looks like a 90s video game CGI cutscene
May as well be a video game.

You know what Berserk really needs? A live-action TV series, on HBO or Netflix.
At least the CGI won't look like PS2 cutscenes.
The show would have to be inspired by the manga then by the hottest thing (Games of Thrones).

And maybe some of that exotic yet experimental yet rad music from the original anime.

cA8nqdR.jpg

Well, this tablet works better on it so it'll be my Toonami machine.

Jarate

Banned
is it the same reason why we wont get Ping Pong on toonami ;-;

also, ill be done work on the 6th before heading back to wisconsin to get my CDL. So I can possibly watch Toonami with you guys soon

is it the same reason why we wont get Ping Pong on toonami ;-;

also, ill be done work on the 6th before heading back to wisconsin to get my CDL. So I can possibly watch Toonami with you guys soon

I'm pretty sure the reason PP won't air on Toonami has nothing to do with why OP isn't popular in the US and more to do with it being a sports anime.

Jarate

Banned
I'm pretty sure the reason PP won't air on Toonami has nothing to do with why OP isn't popular in the US and more to do with it being a sports anime.

Its more of a character drama then a sports anime. Sports are the background, it isnt like Hajime no Ippo, Eyeshield, or Prince of Tennis where the sport is one of the most important elements

Grexeno

Its more of a character drama then a sports anime. Sports are the background, it isnt like Hajime no Ippo, Eyeshield, or Prince of Tennis where the sport is one of the most important elements
It's a sports anime, and it's never coming to Toonami.

Line_HTX

They made it clear to everyone that they want no part of any sports anime. It's unfortunate, but that's what they said.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not quite Legos, but "figmes" of DBZ coming out in March in Japan. & that's just the first wave, so they might make more next year.

dbz1.jpg

Jarate

Banned
Does Japan have similar sentiments to us about One Pieces incredible QUALITY with regards to animation?

I've always wanted to know what their Otakus thought of our favorite anime's and also our complaints

Line_HTX

Does Japan have similar sentiments to us about One Pieces incredible QUALITY with regards to animation?

I've always wanted to know what their Otakus thought of our favorite anime's and also our complaints

I thought they don't really care because it has the highest ratings on TV plus it helps the manga which is always flying off the shelves and blowing every other manga or light novel way out of the water by a large margin.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The anime audience is mostly children. The manga is read by people of all ages.
The former is probably why Toei neutered the hell out of Toriko.
Children aren't going to notice the low quality. They just think they can fix it on DVD (Super has been getting DVD fixes)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, I'll be sleeping. Guess I'll find out via you guys when I wake up. Could be AgK's replacement, considering it ends mid-Feb.

Crocodile

What is Black Bullet and why is it so bad?

One Piece moar like Ine Piss amirite

why isnt One Piece more popular here ;_;

I mean its not hard to figure out: Terrible 1st introduction to the West, artsyle which isn't in line with common Western preferences, changing TV landscape which means no after school or weekday primetime slots exist for anime anymore, etc.

Top Bottom