• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
because crunchy/canada are still working on dubbing it :p

we will see where it ends up as I imagine crunchy will at least want to get Attack on Trains on toonami at some point.

Funimation already confirmed they had AoT S2 and included it as big upcoming anime with DB Super and Buu Kai. The email was basically "CHECK OUT SUPER ON TOONAMI AND CHECK OUT BUU KAI ON TOONAMI AND CHECK OUT AOT S2 we'll talk more details soon" fwiw

zulux21

Funimation already confirmed they had AoT S2 and included it as big upcoming anime with DB Super and Buu Kai. The email was basically "CHECK OUT SUPER ON TOONAMI AND CHECK OUT BUU KAI ON TOONAMI AND CHECK OUT AOT S2 we'll talk more details soon" fwiw

yeah funimation confirmed they have rights to attack on titan season 2. but they haven't confirmed when it will air on toonami.

regardless, I would still imagine crunchy would want attack on trains on toonami at some point, and even with AOT2 coming out, kanbari would still likely do quite well on toonami.

yeah funimation confirmed they have rights to attack on titan season 2. but they haven't confirmed when it will air on toonami.

regardless, I would still imagine crunchy would want attack on trains on toonami at some point, and even with AOT2 coming out, kanbari would still likely do quite well on toonami.

I realize that, but as you put it "when" it will air on Toonami not if :p

My point was that Funimation knows what its big ips are, and they know pushing shows on Toonami is a win for all parties involved.

bigkrev

Why isn't Gintama dubbed and on Toonami yet?

There are probably some other examples I have heard of, but the fact that Viz was translating the manga and stopped releasing the volumes should tell you everything about why the show isn't dubbed. There are plenty of Manga that were licenesed by companies and never finished because the company went out of business, but for VIZ to drop something partway though is insane.

In other news, I've also been watching the Broadcast dub of 91 Days on Funimation's App. Why does an anime that is only like 13 episodes long need a recap episode in the center of it?

There are probably some other examples I have heard of, but the fact that Viz was translating the manga and stopped releasing the volumes should tell you everything about why the show isn't dubbed. There are plenty of Manga that were licenesed by companies and never finished because the company went out of business, but for VIZ to drop something partway though is insane.
Sounds like it wasn't getting bought.

Ray Down

Banned
Sunlight Yellow Overdrive!

50adb56b27ae92c00789c781adbad4778f125bb2_hq.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Anyone else seeing Star Wars tonight?

I'd love to, but it's beyond freezing here (about 8 degrees right now, set to be 4 later tonight).
I'd see it Saturday, but rumors are circulating that there's anywhere from 6 to 18 inches of snow coming.
Fuck all of this...

Chase17

I'm hoping to. It's about a twenty minute walk from my dorm to the theater and today has been the coldest yet so I might bail.

But this will also be my last chance for a while to see it (head back home tomorrow), so I'll probably go for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sunlight Yellow Overdrive!
Is that the sequel to Sunset Overdrive?

I'd love to, but it's beyond freezing here (about 8 degrees right now, set to be 4 later tonight).
I'd see it Saturday, but rumors are circulating that there's anywhere from 6 to 18 inches of snow coming.
Fuck all of this...
UGH, tell me about it. We're suppose to get a storm Saturday from what I'm hearing as well, & last night, it was in the single digits for degrees. Heck, it's about 10-12 degrees right now & I need to have my thermostat looked at. Doesn't help that some nights, if there's enough snow, I have to go shovel in the middle of the night at work.

Nah. While I was working instead of sitting during the employee screening, the ones that did see it decided to openly spoil the damn thing loudly after they finished watching it.

......but I also don't care much about seeing the film either. I have more interest in that Han Solo one they're making.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just hope I haven't "hyped" myself up for Your Name considering all the praise & awards it's been getting.

.....though thank goodness Funimation got the rights so the dub has a good chance of sounding good. His other films are licensed by a bunch of other companies, like Sentai & I think Discotek, so it's not likely there'll be a bundle of all of the movies together.

ckohler

Episode 35 "Ninja Megazords"
In this episode, Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Moaradin discuss DB Super coming to the block, Shenron's powers, anvil attacks, IBO's season one finale, Nen battles, exposition done wrong, and Nightmare Luffy.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode035.mp3
Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode035.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:19 News
0:07:56 DBZ
0:19:00 Jojo
0:26:22 IBO
0:34:43 HxH
0:37:54 Shippuden
0:46:01 One Piece
0:48:55 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Black Lagoon manga is gonna resume in Spring.

The future looks slightly less awful.

OH THANK YOU GOD!!

PRAISE BE!!

They literally stopped for years in the middle of a goddamned arc that looks like it's actually going to move the Revvy/Rock dynamic along significantly and just left us hanging. Spring is too far away, someone freeze me in ice. I can't wait anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom