• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sorry, fellas. Work was too draining last night for me to join the party.

How did everyone enjoy the latest Sword Art Online? ;D
Last week's was much more memorably bad. This week, it was rather boringly bad. Like, yeah, the whole subplot of "Let's kidnap this kid that suddenly appeared in the middle of the woods & adopt it!" was rather stupid, but for the most part, last week was just full-on stupid. Plus it had the hilarious censor bleep & that ending.

I will say, at the very least, I'm slightly interested in seeing what exactly is up with the little girl......slightly, considering how well they handled PAST "mysteries".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, I think I fell asleep right before the end of SAO. At least I don't remember seeing the end credits or any of IGPX. Oh well.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 319 - Ichigo's Capture Net! Escape From Soul Society!
12:30 - Naruto - 46 - Byakugan Battle: Hinata Grows Bold!
1:00 - One Piece - 228 - Duel Between Rubber and Ice! Luffy vs. Aokiji!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 34 - The Battle for Brew – Clash: The DWMA vs. Arachnophobia?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 12 - Yui's Heart
2:30 - IGPX - 25 - Hostile Contradiction
3:00 - IGPX - 26 - The End and the Beginning - END
3:30 - Big O - 26 - The Show Must Go On - END
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 49 - Filial Affection
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 26 - The Real Folk Blues (Part 2) - END
5:00 - Inuyasha - 99 - Koga and Sesshomaru, A Dangerous Encounter
5:30 - Inuyasha - 100 - Truth Behind the Nightmare: Battle in the Forest of Sorrow

Later.

Here's out nightly recap of SAO.

We are all already dead.

iKhRxCuTOyPj9.png

Basically everyone in this thread.

What kinda fanfic am I watching?

Kirito wants her to pee.

HEY GUYS WE FOUND THIS KID IN THE WOODS IT'S OKAY IF WE JUST TAKE HER, RIGHT?

Shoot me now. Just take me out back and put a bullet in my head.

Kiroto going all #YOLOSwag in this show.

I'm starting to wonder if this is the same show we've been watching the last couple of weeks.

There is still 10 fucking minutes left dear god.

This is why The Happy Mask Salesman wants Majora's Mask back so badly. Wearing it streams all of SAO ad infinitum until you're a soulless anarchic husk.

"You must be new in town" How? These people have all been a part of the same game for two years!

You cannot look badass and threatening while wearing a yellow sweater.

What the fuck was that?

Next week is going to be AMAZING! IGPX, Bebop and Big O finales? Check. Luffy vs Aoliji? Check. Soul Eater shifting into high gear again? Check. An Ishida sighting in Bleach? Check. Hinata doing something other than blushing? Check. Brotherhood being awesome like always? Check.

And of course there will be more SAO reactions.

So after this week how does the back end of the schedule look?

12:00- Bleach
12:30- Uncut Naruto
1:00- One Piece
1:30- Soul Eater
2:00- Sword Art Online
2:30- FLCL
3:00- Star Wars The Clone Wars
3:30- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4:00- Ghost In The Shell SAC
4:30- IGPX
5:00- InuYasha
5:30- InuYasha

12:00- Bleach
12:30- Uncut Naruto
1:00- One Piece
1:30- Soul Eater
2:00- Sword Art Online
2:30- FLCL
3:00- Star Wars The Clone Wars
3:30- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4:00- Ghost In The Shell SAC
4:30- IGPX
5:00- InuYasha
5:30- InuYasha
Awesome, thanks. I'm trying to decide if staying up for IGPX again will be worth it, the first few episodes are such a drag.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might just have to DVR FMAB like before and add GitS. Not sure if I could find something to do to keep myself awake while waiting for FMA to come on after FLCL.

Edit: Now that I think about it, did they confirm if they're gonna re-air FMA B again once it finishes up, considering we're at episode 49, meaning we've got about 4 months left until it finishes its third run?

Seda

Edit: Now that I think about it, did they confirm if they're gonna re-air FMA B again once it finishes up, considering we're at episode 49, meaning we've got about 4 months left until it finishes its third run?

I don't think they've said anything about Brotherhood or it's slot.

Okay I just watched last nights Big O and am still having a hard time understanding what's going on. Is everyone just a clone with memories stuffed in by that old guy?

Sword Art Online is clearly trying to give us a glimpse of how humans would react in this situation. the problem is it never really goes far enough and only really shows us this stuff at face value without examining it. these people have opened up shops. so what? sometimes people change within the game. so what? people live in the game like it's their actual lives. so what? Kirito and Asuna got hitched and adopted a kid. so. fucking. what. what does any of this say? what does it mean? you don't get points for bringing it up.

I just re-watched the cabin scene because a lot of info gets thrown at the viewer. From what I'm gathering, Gordon Rosewater is the "father" of Paradigm City and everyone in it is a clone, or tomato as he would call them. Rosewater has been trying to put memories of the past in these people since their creation but he hasn't perfected the process. Failed test subjects are thrown out of the city and become known as "The Union".

For some reason I get the feeling this show is going to pull a matrix, there's so much evidence pointing towards it. I still don't understand Angels role in all of this but I'm sure that will become clear after next week.

I just re-watched the cabin scene because a lot of info gets thrown at the viewer. From what I'm gathering, Gordon Rosewater is the "father" of Paradigm City and everyone in it is a clone, or tomato as he would call them. Rosewater has been trying to put memories of the past in these people since their creation but he hasn't perfected the process. Failed test subjects are thrown out of the city and become known as "The Union".

For some reason I get the feeling this show is going to pull a matrix, there's so much evidence pointing towards this. I still don't understand Angels role in all of this but I'm sure that will become clear after next week.

This makes sense to me

It doesn't explain how apparently Roger Smith existed before Paradigm, or why Paradigm's existence was needed in the first place

This makes sense to me

It doesn't explain how apparently Roger Smith existed before Paradigm, or why Paradigm's existence was needed in the first place
He never existed before Paradigm. There was an "original" Roger Smith but he died during the "great event" or Megaduece war that decimated the population. The Roger Smith we see now is nothing more than a clone implanted with memories by Gordon Rosewater. He's trying to rebuild the population by making copies of the original people who lived in the city. His failed experiments are cast out of the city, I think the vast desert represents them, tiny identical grains of sand that are meaningless.

Edit: Now I'm tempted to watch the next episode and get some answers about Angel, next week can't come soon enough!

so apparently there are people who don't think Kirito and Asuna had sex

If people didn't know about chapter 16.5, I can see why they would think that. I mean, what kind of person is shy about showing their panties to someone when they've already done it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Something has been bugging me since they first introduced guild leader douchebag in SAO. He has the same voice as
the douchebag from episode one who trapped them all here.
It has to be a coincidence right? This story can't possibly be this ham fisted...right?

If people didn't know about chapter 16.5, I can see why they would think that. I mean, what kind of person is shy about showing their panties to someone when they've already done it.

they know about chapter 16.5 and dismiss it on the basis that it's no longer part of the story. Asuna was in bed with Kirito, and she wasn't wearing any clothes. i've been told this is maybe just because she wanted to be "comfortable."

they know about chapter 16.5 and dismiss it on the basis that it's no longer part of the story. Asuna was in bed with Kirito, and she wasn't wearing any clothes. i've been told this is maybe just because she wanted to be "comfortable."
Well, that's just weird.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
so apparently there are people who don't think Kirito and Asuna had sex

I already told you this!

And this!

TL21xx

Banned
To my understanding, 16.5 was never intended to be cannon. There are people that say it was meant to be a parody of erotic fan fiction, but there's no basis for that.

That being said, the chapter actually contradicts the rules of the universe because it's explicitly stated that the only body fluid that transfers over into the real world is sweat.

kayos90

16.5 was written by the original author. It was just... fanfic from the author himself. At least.... that's what I like to think of it as.

kayos90

That's really a japanese thing

Perhaps but I think it boils down to familiarity and being used to something. A married couple who's seen each other naked and or with undergarments for 30 years are going to act differently to someone like these two. Why am I even rationalizing this....

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You know, I expected much worse from this SAO after all the build-up. I expected Kirito and Asuna to treat their marriage much less seriously (as basically one long Marriage = sex & more sex! scene), I figured Yui would be much younger, and her story would have less thought behind it (the Segway from ghost story to real discovery wasn't bad), and after they found Yui, I expected their "adoption" of her to be something more of a psychotic break, rather than a situation pressed upon them by her own actions.

I keep feeling like it could be presented much more crassly than things actually end up being.

Good morning Toonami GAF.
Amazing work as usual SAB, The SAO one is hilarious.

Thanks! Gotta love Japan's fascination with being embarrassed by out-of-content stuff... after much more embarrassing things have occurred between the people in question, lol. Kinda cute! Kinda ridiculous!

And I actually don't mind the Romantic filler. At least it tries to legitimize the "LETS GET MARRIED!" dump we got so suddenly last week, by showing us a glimpse into the characters inner feelings. "Act first, ask questions later!" is a constant theme of SAO... Childish and Immature, but that's fitting, eh?

After last night, One Piece newcomers can see why veterans love the show so much. It is full of hype moments. Even the "average" arcs have major hype moments (I won't say since spoilers, but yeah). Still, the original manga is worth checking out.

I still feel like Enel ruined so much One Piece Hype for me. I want things to be as life-threatening as they appear to be! Aokiji's power would freak me out so much more if I thought something permanently bad might actually happen to a member of the Straw Hats...

Good morning!

Favs !Love the pervert dialog, punk bitch, and red shirt comment.

Thanks! With all the SAO barely-decent imagery, I find it funny it's a Bleach pic that would lead to my first "Deleted by Admin" message, lol.

Had to give "Punk Bitch" it's due, I always laughed at Haley Joel "I see dead people!" Osmet delivering such a line. Always reminded me of Rush Hour's "I no Pomme Beech! You Pomme Beech!" exchange, too...

I'm probably one of the few here who has a harder time taking Clone Wars seriously than SAO, lol. At least these early seasons. At least SAO acknowledges the elephant in the room most of the time. Star Wars just presents an obvious set up, gets the one big shock out of it, and keeps on going like nothing really happened.

"Don't make me DESTROY you!" also has to be one of my biggest eyeroll moments... SURE. You're going to Destroy the Jedi-Killer, youngling tadpole. He's surely collected a trophy room of Jedi kills by being THAT weak...

I still feel like Enel ruined so much One Piece Hype for me. I want things to be as life-threatening as they appear to be! Aokiji's power would freak me out so much more if I thought something permanently bad might actually happen to a member of the Straw Hats...

eh. i feel like you could probably apply this to 95% of action anime, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom