• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Well, I'm glad I was able to join you guys here, even if it was at the end. Last couple of weeks been real busy. Will try to watch Sword Art at least when it's on east coast feed next week.

Your effort will be rewarded
with more crap.

Awesome sketches

And Chapter 16.5....it's a work of art
I think it gave me a boner XD

As for my thoughts on the episodes that aired while my Internet was down...

IGPX: Great, another show tonight with lots of flashbacks
Clone Wars: Not half bad
Big O: Dorothy ;_;
No point in getting an Oculus Rift if she'll just stay like that >_>
Brotherhood: Of course it was great

LOL. The reactions to Sword Art Online tonight were priceless.

Did he stab him in the dick?

How is he gonna beat his way out of this one?

Asuna just maxed out her waifu level off screen

THE BLEEP

"Fuck you. You murdered me." Gotta love that dialogue.

IF YOU LOSE YOUR HAND IN THE GAME, YOU LOSE YOUR HAND IN REAL LIFE.

Intercourse.exe could not be found.

Post if you are ok, Seda.

Good morning ToonamiGaf
Dorothy ;-;
zlCfzRJbuCkJ9fEpYY

zlCfzRJcEUwTQ4DXrf
zlCfzRJcLtcELgaqV5

zlCfzRJcSEgVyC-kaV
zlCfzRJcZncjuYz1fM

zlCfzRJcfhYn1Hwyhl
zlCfzRJcjrcL23LS6i

zlCfzRJco9A3XbfrU3
zlCfzRJcwsMcThehh1

zlCfzRJc9DYZayz7bu
zlCfzRJdDT8cQUen1e

zlCfzRJdKKE8c4srSf

Later.
Oh god at SAO. XD You're the best
Edit :
That SAO video narration is killing. Too early in the morning for this shit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good Morning Toonami-GAF

Ready for real One Piece?

I can see why that SAO broke AnimeGAF, that was terrible!

Crocodile

This is completely random and off-topic, but I just saw this on XDA. Anyone know where this gif is from? It's not Scott Pilgrim is it? I don't think it warrants a thread, and I might as well ask while I'm in here.

pixel_neverends1.gif

I dunno where it's from but it looks like it was done by Paul Robertson who is well known for his pixel art and animations. Hopefully that helps with your search.

mhs004

Just wait until the second season. When you arrive that point, it retroactively makes the first season decent.

And I finally subbed to this thread. I have meant to do this for a long time, but I never got around to it until now.
Funny enough I made it to the first episode of season 2. It was so stupid I dropped the show.

Seda

Good morning.

I was going to make a more substantial post about why Sword Art Online is a piece of junk, but I realize it's basically the same things I wrote up a few weeks back. This week introduced the main character selfishly whining about a tragic event being his fault, when there's no reason at all for blame to be put on him - something that is far too common in terrible main characters.

Valvrave is still worse.

Also, despite my personal reactions and however you want to interpret them, the episode wasn't as terrible as you guys made it sound. It was still pretty darn terrible, of course.

mhs004

Good morning.

I was going to make a more substantial post about why Sword Art Online is a piece of junk, but I realize it's basically the same things I wrote up a few weeks back. This week introduced the main character selfishly whining about a tragic event being his fault, when there's no reason at all for blame to be put on him - something that is far too common in terrible main characters.

Valvrave is still worse.

Also, despite my personal reactions and however you want to interpret them, the episode wasn't as terrible as you guys made it sound. It was still pretty darn terrible, of course.
It gets worse actually...

Tenumi

Banned
So I'm confused, and I haven't watched any of last night yet (DVR lazyness, ahoy!), was last night's SAO episode 10 or 11. Because it seems like everybody is saying 11 but the schedule says 10...

Last night's episode of SAO wasn't too bad in all honesty. It wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination, but people hyped it up way too much. Really, the most shocking part of the episode, the sex scene, was censored out. That by far got the most amount of negative reactions out of people but they had to read chapter 16.5 on their own to fill in the missing gap of episode 10.

For the people that constantly complain about the way females are portrayed in SAO, Asuna actually came to rescue the all powerful waifu-magnet Kirito this time so I guess that's progress. Yes he was dumb for drinking from the flask but come on guys, it's anime. The show would be boring without some sort of conflict and that was just the trigger.

So I'm confused, and I haven't watched any of last night yet (DVR lazyness, ahoy!), was last night's SAO episode 10 or 11. Because it seems like everybody is saying 11 but the schedule says 10...

Last night was 10

I'd also like to say it was nice seeing some positive reaction to Bleach for the first time in a long time! This filler arc is actually pretty darn good (well, for the most part) and sports an actual budget so the animation won't be crap. I am sad to see the old opening go but the new one is alright. The real gem here though is the ending theme:

Toonami version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImwONZG001M

Full version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC3LtjXdqYw

I think the one thing we can all agree on when it comes to Bleach is that the music is generally really good.

Jex

There's something inherently fascinating, in it's own right, about people openly acknowledging that something is actively terrible but continuing to watch it anyway. I guess people still watched the Dexter finale so I suppose this is a fairly common phenomenon.

coy

There's something inherently fascinating, in it's own right, about people openly acknowledging that something is actively terrible but continuing to watch it anyway. I guess people still watched the Dexter finale so I suppose this is a fairly common phenomenon.

As someone who has finished SAO and Dexter, I can say that my tolerance for stupid is higher than I previously thought. It may also have to do with my irrational need for closure for TV series, even the terrible ones, that pushes my onward through all the sewage.

I'm also typing this with that reading of 16.5 in the background and it is haunting yet hilarious.

ReiGun

As someone who missed whatever hype was leading up to it, that episode of SAO was straight up garbage.

- I actually don't have a problem with Kirito not realizing it was a trap. It was obvious to us because we're genre-savvy viewers, but Kirito didn't have much reason to doubt dude.

What I do have a problem with is the stupidity needed to facilitate that situation. Why give all your healing and teleport crystals to one person? Even in a normal game where your life isn't on the line, that's a stupid idea. That only happened because the writer wanted the whole poisoning thing to go down rather than, you know, writing a better scenario.

- The change to Asuna's rescue was dumb. The girl was having a real hero moment, but the anime just couldn't beat to not let almighty Kirito save everyone and be awesome and SHINING FINGER.

- Did Kirito and Asuna forget that people who die in SAO also die in real life? Cause if not, they must understand they just murdered a guy. You'd think they would talk about this and the affect it has on them, but nope. They hardly care. Instead, it's time to make romantic proclamations and spend the rest of the episode being cute and in love and having onscreen sex. It's not only a disorienting shift in tone, but the lack of acknowledging that a man is dead because of them makes our heroes look like bastards.

- The pacing is still awful. At the start of the episode, Kirito and Asuna can barely bring themselves to hug. By the end, they're talking about marriage. That's way too fast and makes the relationship feel unnatural.

There's probably some other stuff, but I'm tired. Bottom line is, show is ass.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
At least you guys weren't like MyAnimeList where the fans were arguing over whether Asuna had sex or not based on whether she was wearing a bra or not in that bed scene or whether or not girls go to sleep without a bra.

Toonami GAF is collectively blocking episode 10 from their minds

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
At least you guys weren't like MyAnimeList where the fans were arguing over whether Asuna had sex or not based on whether she was wearing a bra or not in that bed scene or whether or not girls go to sleep without a bra.

We know the answer to this, we can never forget the answer to this, even if it takes two years.

- Did Kirito and Asuna forget that people who die in SAO also die in real life? Cause if not, they must understand they just murdered a guy. You'd think they would talk about this and the affect it has on them, but nope. They hardly care. Instead, it's time to make romantic proclamations and spend the rest of the episode being cute and in love and having onscreen sex. It's not only a disorienting shift in tone, but the lack of acknowledging that a man is dead because of them makes our heroes look like bastards.

- The pacing is still awful. At the start of the episode, Kirito and Asuna can barely bring themselves to hug. By the end, they're talking about marriage. That's way too fast and makes the relationship feel unnatural.

There's probably some other stuff, but I'm tired. Bottom line is, show is ass.

Why would Kirito care about killing some douche that just murdered someone in front of him and then tried to take his life? Not everyone has some traumatic breakdown after defending themselves so that criticism is a bit of a reach. I haven't read the light novels but maybe they touch on it there, why waste time and budget listening to the two main characters talk about how they "feel" after doing what needed to be done to a villain?

Also, the show uses a lot of timeskips. I'm not exactly sure how much time passed in-between the duel and sex scene. Maybe someone else could elaborate.

kayos90

The hilarious dumb part was that Asuna punches him, proceeds to have sex, and the next screen that pops up is her lying in the bed naked. Very subtle there. ROFL.

Toonami-GAF is a den of masochists.

Sooooooo I couldn't stay awake for SAO and watched it this morning.

I was in tears laughing (same as when I listened to the 16.5 link above). Somehow worse than Twilight. I don't know how the VAs kept a straight face during that.

Seriously, "I'm going to get naked right in front of you in the living room but DON'T LOOK"?

I like how he lost a hand, but grew it back too.

Oh SAB CA excellent work as always.

kayos90

Alright guys. We had around 20 people joining around for the craziness this week and it seems like it's getting quite a bit of traction.

Anyway, next time the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature Saki going... HAM? in Valvrave, Jojo recoverying after all that WRYYYYYY in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, "RIDER ENTERS THE FRAY" in Fate/Zero, stoner Kirito doing stoner stuff with a loli in Darker than Black, and more bananas and "I don't get it" in Steins;Gate. All of this starts at 9:00pm EDT Saturday!

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 6 - Saki's Comeback!
9:25 - Valvrave the Liberator - 7 - Haruto Under the Rubble
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 4 - Overdrive
10:15 - Fate/Zero - 5 - The Vicious Beast Roars
10:40 - Darker than Black - 3 - A New Star Shines in the Dawn Sky... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 4 - Interpreter Rendezvous

Sooooooo I couldn't stay awake for SAO and watched it this morning.

I was in tears laughing (same as when I listened to the 16.5 link above). Somehow worse than Twilight. I don't know how the VAs kept a straight face during that.

Seriously, "I'm going to get naked right in front of you in the living room but DON'T LOOK"?

I like how he lost a hand, but grew it back too.

Oh SAB CA excellent work as always.

Tsun gonna tsun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom