• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't get any answer last night since the thread was moving pretty fast, so i'm gonna pose this question again.

would you accept Kirito's marriage proposal being written off as "teenagers do really stupid things"?

Ratings for what we watched last night

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2. Big O
3. Soul Eater
4. IGPX
5. Naruto
6. InuYasha
7. Clone Wars
8. Cowboy Bebop
9. Bleach
10. One Piece
11. Sword Art Online

Pre show ratings

1. Fate/Zero
2. JoJo
3. Valvrave
4. Steins Gate

Steins Gate is a "better show" then Valvrave, but VVV is hilariously entertaining for how insane it is
don't ban me Seda!

It does look kinda fun. And just think of all the waifus you'll be able to have! This game takes place after the dual wield incident which means Asuna and Kirito are together and you just know the blonde chick is gonna fall in love with him.

Amikami

Banned
]

zlCfzRJcEUwTQ4DXrf
zlCfzRJcLtcELgaqV5

zlCfzRJcSEgVyC-kaV
zlCfzRJcZncjuYz1fM

zlCfzRJcfhYn1Hwyhl
zlCfzRJcjrcL23LS6i

zlCfzRJco9A3XbfrU3
zlCfzRJcwsMcThehh1

zlCfzRJdDT8cQUen1e

Later.

Great sketches, as usual. You captured Black Star's face perfectly

Cwarrior

So which is the worst episode of Sao, I would love to read toonami gafs reaction to it.

Also congratulations toonamigaf, you've made too canon material one piece, your going to be watching pure real untampered with one piece for next 1.5 years.

So which is the worst episode of Sao, I would love to read toonami gafs reaction to it.
The worst we've seen so far? I have to say it's the one with the blacksmith chick that falls in love with Kirito.

i actually didn't like either of the InuYasha episodes last night.
Don't be hating on Jinenji.

I must be the only one who disliked Soul Eater last night, didn't even crack a smile

FOOL!

Also congratulations toonamigaf, you've made too canon material one piece, your going to be watching pure real untampered with one piece for next 1.5 years.

Probably this weeks episode or episode 4, check out page 35 of this thread if you want to read this weeks impressions. Episode 4 aired sometime in August.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
i didn't get any answer last night since the thread was moving pretty fast, so i'm gonna pose this question again.

would you accept Kirito's marriage proposal being written off as "teenagers do really stupid things"?

To that I have to say I honestly have a hard time saying one way or the other because this show is horrible about providing context for anything due to rampant timeskip abuse.

Don't be hating on Jinenji.

DON'T YOU SAY THAT NAME TO ME. BASSFOREVER KNOWS MY PAIN.

Shard said:
To that I have to say I honestly have a hard time saying one way or the other because this show is horrible about providing context for anything due to rampant timeskip abuse.

yeah, i honestly don't think the show has actually PORTRAYED this as "haha, stupid teenagers", but they still might. i thought it was an interesting point.

DON'T YOU SAY THAT NAME TO ME. BASSFOREVER KNOWS MY PAIN.

yeah, i honestly don't think the show has actually PORTRAYED this as "haha, stupid teenagers", but they still might. i thought it was an interesting point.

That was easily the worst episode of InuYasha ever, why would you bring his character back in filler -.-

Don't give the author of SAO any credit

Why do you guys hate Jinenji lol

I hated the episode because it was the most blatant form of "durr racism is bad it's the inside that counts" I've seen in a long time. Combine that with the fact the dub makes him sound like he has some kind of mental disease to make us feel even more pity... I'm not sure if you could have made a more stereotypical "racism victim" if you tried.

I hated the episode because it was the most blatant form of "durr racism is bad it's the inside that counts" I've seen in a long time. Combine that with the fact the dub makes him sound like he has some kind of mental disease to make us feel even more pity... I'm not sure if you could have made a more stereotypical "racism victim" if you tried.

so much this.

You guys are hating on Sango and now even Jinenji? We can no longer be friends.

I hate what Jineji stands for, I thought the series addressed the whole racism thing rather well with InuYasha being a half demon in various scenes. It also really didn't add anything to the overall narrative, it was just another "we need to get medicine for InuYasha/Sango cause they got hurt again" with Sango being the injured.

Sango is hot, but her weapon is one of the most impractical things in any shonen I've ever seen. She's also somehow more tsun for Miroku then InuYasha or Kagome is for each other. I also feel like her character whenever she's faced with a decision always makes the wrong one which usually makes things worse until InuYasha/Miroku save the day.

Raxus

I really want to post Valvrave's episode 5 music video but the only way I know how I think is a banable offense. Even if it wasn't I am sure Seda would ban me on the principle of the matter.

I really want to post it.

I hate what Jineji stands for, I thought the series addressed the whole racism thing rather well with InuYasha being a half demon in various scenes. It also really didn't add anything to the overall narrative, it was just another "we need to get medicine for InuYasha/Sango cause they got hurt again" with Sango being the injured.

Sango is hot, but her weapon is one of the most impractical things in any shonen I've ever seen. She's also somehow more tsun for Miroku then InuYasha or Kagome is for each other. I also feel like her character whenever she's faced with a decision always makes the wrong one which usually makes things worse until InuYasha/Miroku save the day.

It's not about the racism, silly. The whole point of the episode was that, much like Jinenji, Inuyasha had found a group of people who accepted him for who he was after having faced the hardship of being an outcast.

It's not about the racism, silly. The whole point of the episode was that, much like Jinenji, Inuyasha had found a group of people who accepted him for who he was after having faced the hardship of being an outcast.

But he knew that already in several other episodes that addressed this point far superior

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks to all who enjoyed this weeks Dump! Love the way a lot of them came together.

Easily. They just went through a tramatic experience, Kirito was nearly killed, someone they know was murdered, and they just admitted to "You know, I'm kinda liking life here!".

They're faced with "we might not see tomorrow!" in this world, more than the real world. They still have the same goals, but they might as well enjoy this life as much as they can while they're there, right? And without parents, social expectations, and the fact that they still subconsciously know "this isn't the real me!" working in their heads, it's... not really surprising, within this world.

Great sketches, as usual. You captured Black Star's face perfectly

And that was oddly really difficult, lol. That ink style just WOULDN'T look right for way too long, haha. I scrapped and redrew a lot more on that than I normally do...

Seda

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2. Big O
3. IGPX
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Soul Eater
6. InuYasha
7. Clone Wars
8. Naruto
9. One Piece
10. Bleach
11. Sword Art Online

Then that means that later episodes are the ones you should hate. Jinenji's episode was the first to really deal with the whole "racism" thing.

The topic of InuYasha being a half demon had been subtly talked about before and was subtly talked about after, the Jineji episode was the one that just made it a focal point and beat us over the head with it. No episode since then has really harped the point anywhere near as terribly as it did.

I'm sure there is, GMN, but out of the stuff i've watched SAO is the worst.

The topic of InuYasha being a half demon had been subtly talked about before and was subtly talked about after, the Jineji episode was the one that just made it a focal point and beat us over the head with it. No episode since then has really harped the point anywhere near as terribly as it did.

But it's not about the racism per se! It's about Inuyasha finally feeling accepted. Sure, other episodes have talked about the hardships he's faced but this one is about how Inuyasha finally has people that care about him.

I'm sure there is, GMN, but out of the stuff i've watched SAO is the worst.

But it's not about the racism per se! It's about Inuyasha finally feeling accepted. Sure, other episodes have talked about the hardships he's faced but this one is about how Inuyasha finally has people that care about him.

Some of that may be true, but I couldn't stomach sitting though that episode again to check

Also SAO isn't the lowest rated show on my Humming Bird account, that would be Kick Heart with a 0.5 the lowest score I can possibly give

By terrible do you mean badly animated and dubbed? Or terrible like "holy crap there is no god why would someone write this"?

Both

There are some really inept anime even in there Japanese release, and then there are the infamous "lets take 5 unrelated anime and splice them into one" dub jobs

Both

There are some really inept anime even in there Japanese release, and then there are the infamous "lets take 5 unrelated anime and splice them into one" dub jobs

Terribly animated and bad in general? No thanks. I am an animation whore. If it doesn't at least look good I will not watch it.

Jintor

Teenagers who have been stuck in virtual reality with the constant fear of death for two years do make stupid decisions, I guess

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I would say it's the combination of, them being stuck in a video game/death game, they both like each other, dating = marriage in video games apparently, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom