• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who else is planning or needs to marathon both 03 alchemist and the rest of naruto part 1 to be ready for the 03 movie and shippuden? Think I'm going to start 03 today doing at least 4-5 a day til I'm finished with it ideally ending around the time Naruto airs its final episode to which I'll do the same til I finish canon part 1. I'll chip away at the filler hell at my own pace

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So who else is planning or needs to marathon both 03 alchemist and the rest of naruto part 1 to be ready for the 03 movie and shippuden? Think I'm going to start 03 today doing at least 4-5 a day til I'm finished with it ideally ending around the time Naruto airs its final episode to which I'll do the same til I finish canon part 1. I'll chip away at the filler hell at my own pace

Me and amikami reeaaally wants to watch the final cannon arc of part 1 naruto with toonamigaf, thats why im really pushing for us to do that one day

Seda

I'll probably watch some key moments in Naruto again and the final episode or two for FMA but not a marathon.

I actually spent some time watching key moments in original FMA not too long ago.

Me and amikami reeaaally wants to watch the final cannon arc of part 1 naruto with toonamigaf, thats why im really pushing for us to do that one day

How many toonami gaffers in some capacity haven't already seen or read part 1 of naruto? I feel like some people have said its their first time but almost everyone seems to talk about events and such that happen later in the series.

I'll probably watch some key moments in Naruto again and the final episode or two for FMA but not a marathon.

I actually spent some time watching key moments in original FMA not too long ago.

I don't have to watch all of naruto part 1 as I've read it, but being able to see the full anime is something I've been pushed to do by friends irl for a long time so I plan to see everything good or bad.

I'm doing that now. Not sure how successful I'll be since this will be a busy month

The problem with group watching naruto is that there is still almost 80 episodes of canon left to watch and its the holidays which means it'll be impossible to find a consistent time that works for everyone.

Amikami

Banned

Yep. If nothing else, everyone needs to see that arc. Especially if you're new to Naruto. Not only is it really good (The best of part 1), but going into Shippuden, you kinda want to know what went down.

The problem with group watching naruto is that there is still almost 80 episodes of canon left to watch and its the holidays which means it'll be impossible to find a consistent time that works for everyone.

We really only want to see the final canon arc which is about 28 episodes. That's super doable.

We really only want to see the final canon arc which is about 28 episodes. That's super doable.

I mean for people who haven't seen the series all of these scenes will be important to see

Introduction of jiraya and tsunade
Orochimaru's attack on the leaf
Sasuke learn chidori, naruto learn rinnegan
Naruto beat neji, shikamaru "lose" to sand girl
Gaara go crazy, naruto beating him with 9 tails
Rock lees operation
Introduction of summoning jutsu

And all that happens before the final arc of part 1. All of that is needed to understand the events of part 1's final arc and what happens in shippuden

Guys, how haven't we seen this before? Our anthem has been written:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KGDyB_yPmw

I mean for people who haven't seen the series all of these scenes will be important to see

Introduction of jiraya and tsunade
Orochimaru's attack on the lead
Sasuke learn chidori, naruto learn rinnegan
Naruto beat neji, shikamaru "lose" to sand girl
Gaara go crazy, naruto beating him with 9 tails
Rock lees operation
Introduction of summoning jutsu

And all that happens before the final arc of part 1. All of that is needed to understand the events of part 1's final arc and what happens in shippuden

Hrm. You have a point.

Raxus

Do you like to watch OTHER people play videogames?

Well your in luck! With the PS4 share button I am now streaming live Assassin's Creed on PS4!

Check me out!
I will start in ~10-15 minutes!

Seda

Its first few episodes are paced much better for first time watchers, IMO.

Yes, it's obvious that Brotherhood wanted to pass the already-tread ground of the original anime's 'canon' material quickly. Youswell was turned onto a silly 'silent movie' flashback lol.

Original anime is great, and pretty different tonality at times as well.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
giXH6gF.png

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
LOL

Also what is this episode? FMA 03 has filler this early into the series?

dude, they don't get to chapter 10
Hughes's death
until the midway point.

Edit: And by the time the first FMA anime finished, the manga was JUST getting to Mustang vs. Lust.

What

WHAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

This is so dumb

Yeah, there's the alchemy tournament and also the (small spoiler)
fake Elrics
relatively early on (although I dont remember when they show up exactly)

Ii saw your spoiler before you edited it so

Kakashispoilersno.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But yes, there's a ton of early non canon stuff in FMA. Most of it is actually very good and fits in with the general themes of the show.

It was just weird as up to this point of episode of fma or brotherhood and no chapter of the manga I would classify as less then great. To have an episode that was generally pretty sub par makes it stand out cause of how quality the franchise is as a whole.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I first watched the subs with an anime club as they aired so it's been ten years for me.

I've since seen the dub...quite a few times. I still had to think hard which episode that was and I watched it through with a friend earlier this year! It's pretty forgettable.

I don't really like episode 5 a ton either if that's worth anything though it does a good job with certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom