• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fixed 2003 Homonculi list:

Envy-Same
Lust-Same
Greed-Same
Gluttony-Same
Sloth-
Manga Version
Wrath-
King Bradley
Pride-
Trisha Elric.

Though I do dig parts of Wrath's story in the original and his powers are pretty neat.

Fixed 2003 Homonculi list:

Envy-Same
Lust-Same
Greed-Same
Gluttony-Same
Sloth-
Manga Version
Wrath-
King Bradley
Pride-
Trisha Elric.

Though I do dig parts of Wrath's story in the original and his powers are pretty neat.

I'm pretty sure
Trisha
was Sloth in the 03 version

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I only know bits of later 03 anime, but I do think the idea of Sloth
being the homonculi of Ed/Al's mom is better then giant ape Sloth
even if manga version is more or less how I'd personify a "sloth" character

It doesn't fit with their character at all. The idea itself is FANTASTIC and works out quite well.

I only know bits of later 03 anime, but I do think the idea of Sloth
being the homonculi of Ed/Al's mom is better then giant ape Sloth
even if manga version is more or less how I'd personify a "sloth" character
Maybe
Brotherhood Sloth is their mom. Trisha has just been packing on the LBs. Heheh.

If I have any one complaint about 03 so far, is that they're dragging out this process of Ed becoming the Fullmetal Alchemist. I like how they rewrote the train scene to fit with Ed not being a state alchemist and working alongside Roy's team. Personally though I thought it was a lot more bad ass in the manga when Roy basically didn't even bother to react to the news saying "The Fullmetal Alchemist is on board" and just went back to doing his thing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My only real complaint about Brotherhood is that they move through that crap waaaay too fast. I guess only the manga got it "just right".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
My only real complaint about Brotherhood is that they move through that crap waaaay too fast. I guess only the manga got it "just right".

Which is why I prefer manga to anime overall. That and it's faster to marathon.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

They blow through the first 10 episodes because they know brotherhood is for the people who originally saw the first anime and want to continue on with the story from when it diverges, not spend so much time on parts we have already seen.

If I have any one complaint about 03 so far, is that they're dragging out this process of Ed becoming the Fullmetal Alchemist. I like how they rewrote the train scene to fit with Ed not being a state alchemist and working alongside Roy's team. Personally though I thought it was a lot more bad ass in the manga when Roy basically didn't even bother to react to the news saying "The Fullmetal Alchemist is on board" and just went back to doing his thing.
I like what they do in 03 FMA with a certain event though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know that but they could have slowed down just a bit and been perfect throughout, instead they wasted time on that opening filler episode.

Honestly I dunno why they just didn't make Brotherhood a true 1:1 adaptation, I get why they rushed the first 10 episodes, but FMA is/was popular enough that they could have had another 15+ episodes to retell the first half of FMA without the risk of losing ratings.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yes it actually does, though I think it is the only filler it has.

The recap episode (Hohenheim by the fire) is filler... for som reason they cut out all the little scenes of him traveling around amestris in Brotherhood.

The episode where Kimblee is tracking Scar's movements is mostly filler, too, though it does show just how cunning and intelligent kimblee is, and how honed his instincts are tactically.

Can't believe we got those 2/3 filler eps but couldn't get a decent adaptation of the Ishval backstory :/

Huh, Hughe's child still isn't born yet in 03 FMA? Well that's an odd change.

LOL are Ed and Al really going to help deliver a baby?

What is this I don't even

GaimeGuy

Honestly I dunno why they just didn't make Brotherhood a true 1:1 adaptation, I get why they rushed the first 10 episodes, but FMA is/was popular enough that they could have had another 15+ episodes to retell the first half of FMA without the risk of losing ratings.

Brotherhood should have been 6 seasons.

Flesh out the Ishval backstory (~3 episodes. Start with Scar finding Marcoh.... end with Knox's family reunion and crying over his coffee and asking God if even a man like him can be happy) and the Greed arc (should be ~3-4 episodes instead of the 1.5 episodes it was in Brotherhood), keep the hohenheim scenes, include little things like kimblee tracking down scar which flesh out the actual manga storyline instead of being filler, etc..

I'm kind of surprised Ed doesn't just have his ability to do alchemy without drawing in 03, it's always just been ability he had. Also the change to the test is weird too, I actually prefer this version of the test, feels more like a test and less of a formality like it did in the manga/brotherhood.

GaimeGuy

I'm kind of surprised Ed doesn't just have his ability to do alchemy without drawing in 03, it's always just been ability he had. Also the change to the test is weird too, I actually prefer this version of the test, feels more like a test and less of a formality like it did in the manga/brotherhood.

No way. We don't see Ed being batshit crazy and fake attacking Bradley.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, Hughe's child still isn't born yet in 03 FMA? Well that's an odd change.

LOL are Ed and Al really going to help deliver a baby?

What is this I don't even
Maes' wife: "It's here!"

Maes: "The tea?"

Maes' wife: "THE BABY!"

It's been so long since I've seen the original series. Trying to remember if my library has the original series &/or Brotherhood. Though I freakin' love episode 37, one of the funniest episodes from the franchise.

I should also watch those OVAs. I recall seeing one since it was free on Itunes & thought it was decent.

Yeah, I also prefer the sorting hat alchemy chair thing.

Seda

Sloth in 03 late spoilers:
Man, that final battle with them and Wrath ending up causing her demise was so awesome.

I somewhat liked that, but
the fact that it ended because Wrath was dumb makes it lose some of the impact. However, I have similar nitpicks for Brotherhood events, so I don't mean to say I only have issues with the original anime. The scene is still memorable.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The original FMA anime which premiered in 03.

Original anime version of Fullmetal Alchemist

Full Metal Alchemist, a 2003 adaptation of the FMA manga that started up incredibly early and took a different road than the manga. An extremely popular adaptation of the story.

ohhh ok, I thought we were talking about a 3rd alternate universe of FMA other than the 2003 edition and brotherhood cause I read something about a
manga sloth? what, the sloth in brotherhood isnt the actual sloth either?
and I was getting confused

ohhh ok, I thought we were talking about a 3rd alternate universe of FMA other than the 2003 edition and brotherhood cause I read something about a
manga sloth? what, the sloth in brotherhood isnt the actual sloth either?
and I was getting confused

Sloth in Brotherhood is the same as Sloth in the manga, it's just Sloth looks a lot creepier in the manga IMO Sloth in the 03 version is radically different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom