• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
zlCfzRLxnaMkHeT8rR

zlCfzRLx7UQwjwjwcA
zlCfzRLyACYPKoUOxa

zlCfzRLyFZANI8hINz
zlCfzRLyNfMOHGBUJu

zlCfzRLyXP0FrlPRbo
zlCfzRLyiQ0qVUgzqt

zlCfzRLyrq48xTW-6h
zlCfzRLy4rUhxRucNg

zlCfzRLzA6EMiUSqCy
zlCfzRLzG7cyZHtV9K

zlCfzRLzKmwctgZmDp

LATER

Awesome like usual!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Another great one, but I want to put special attention to your main pic of kagome stroking his ears lol

Wohoo! I'm not so happy with that final Tom piece of the pic... But couldn't resist the reference XD

zlCfzRLyFZANI8hINz

best one

later!

All the new characters of the ep... I drew Awesome Saleswoman Nami, heh heh. Glad you like it!

Meant to say this earlier, but I didn't have the chance. You have no idea how absolutely perfect I think that cover is. The Inuyasha reference is spot on. My favorite of the individual drawings this week has to be the FMA one. You captured the look of the moment perfectly.

Thanks much man! And I'm glad I finally got to get that Kimblee... That whole moment had me transfixed when I first saw it.

I'm not saying it's aliens...

Phew, at least she's wearing a shirt

;_;7

She should hookup with the "Sold My Wife" dude

LoL - Yeah, I couldn't even begin to get away with that Shirtless, lol. - ( T_T) - Haha, totally! *highfive*

DEATHNOTEGATE

*NoPrize WINNER!*

Awesome like usual!

Thanks youz Mr. Giver of awesome Tag Suggestions!

*Now to Offline Geri-style*

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
  1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  2. Inuyasha 2
  3. FLCL
  4. Inuyasha 1
  5. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  6. Soul Eater
  7. One Piece
  8. Naruto
  9. Star Wars
  10. Bleach
  11. IGPX
  12. Sword Art Online

Thanks youz Mr. Giver of awesome Tag Suggestions!
You're welcome! :D

My throat hurts so bad I can't even talk. Blah I'm so sick of missing Toonami due to being exhausted from this job and sick at the same time. :(

Azure J

You know guys, I think I might have to bow out of Toonami-GAF if I doze off one more time before the actual block starts. I really don't get it either. It's like as soon as DST began, I just can't hang long enough to start watching. I blame it partially on my schedule being fixed again and doing a shit load of work/running around the city Mon-Fri, but this suuuucks.

I haven't watched Toonami in 3 weeks now. :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami GAF!

Looking up legal streams of Naruto, it seems nobody has it dubbed. Hulu is all subbed, fairly sure Crunchyroll is all subbed, and Netflix doesn't have it. The Toonami Tumblr said that there were streams of Naruto everywhere... were they encouraging piracy?

On One Piece we met Zambai and his weird goggles & fishnets, we met Kaku who is awesome, and we met Iceberg. Good stuff.

Soul Eater mixing the canon and the filler.

SAO.......... that happened.
Seriously, two months and he's not only able to walk without assistance, but he can sword fight! Pretty sure he'd still be in a wheelchair even with rehab.
"Not everyone woke up from SAO" Translation: I wrote this story years after the original, and I needed a retcon to keep it going.
Also, why would you take SAO's servers and make an all new MMO with them? Even the servers should have been seized by the government!
Then that guy that wants to marry Asuna who is all kinds of creepy. Just... ew.
And of course the cousin... god damn it Japan.

bigkrev

So did anyone catch the South Park reference in FLCL?

that's in 2 weeks

You know guys, I think I might have to bow out of Toonami-GAF if I doze off one more time before the actual block starts. I really don't get it either. It's like as soon as DST began, I just can't hang long enough to start watching. I blame it partially on my schedule being fixed again and doing a shit load of work/running around the city Mon-Fri, but this suuuucks.

If SAO was at 12, I probably would just watch that, bitch about it, and go to bed/go back out

RedBoot

that's in 2 weeks

There's a very subtle reference in this episode too. Watch for a keychain when Canti hits the teacher's car.

And while we're talking about blink and you'll miss it references in this episode, Naota's got a Hellboy pencil box that shows up when they're reading Kamon's zine in the classroom.

Tenumi

Banned
Finally up, and I've watched my recordings...

Soul Eater: So it's difficult to replicate a spur-of-the-moment technique? You don't say?

SAO: So stupid new villain guy. Everybody loves their cousins. In that way. Sigh, RIP Asuna's character development.

FLCL: Crystal Pepsi. Also, weird as ever.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, I kind of just "attended" inuyasha.

I only remember dumb shit shippo setting everything on fire

and everyone was going to die

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Do you know if you have time for a nap before then? that helps alot for me

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FLCL
One Piece
FMA B
Naruto
Soul Eater
GitS:SAC
Inuyasha 2
Inuyasha 1
Clone Wars
SAO
Bleach
IGPX

Though everything before IGPX was at the very least interesting. Another really solid night of Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do you know if you have time for a nap before then? that helps alot for me
I'd also suggest trying to find something that'll keep you busy. I was dozing off and almost fell asleep before One Piece last night since I was tired from doing online work and college studying/homework for 4 different classes, so I played some Lumines on my Vita so my brain would have something to do and keep me focused on staying awake, plus it helped pass the time as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The way that episode is scored would put me to sleep at high noon with the sun in my eyes. At 4:30 am? No chance.

It did make Inuyasha 1 and 2 something akin to a fever dream though.

Ratings sans gits-inuyasha

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
FLCL
Naruto
One Piece
Soul Eater
Clone Wars
Bleach
SAO

Igpx would probably be after bleach before SAO. Don't remember the gits episode will have to rewatch it

Btw, how does that whole "being adopted is essentially the same as marrying her" thing work? I didn't get that.

yeah, i really have no idea how that works. on one hand i want to say it's a cultural thing that doesn't translate, but on the other i cannot begin to imagine what that "cultural thing" would be and this series has had so much shit that it's probably just something stupid on the writer's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom