• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can definitely see why someone would prefer the second season of SAO to the first if this episode sets the table for the crazy to come.

I don't think I've ever seen a villain front that much ever.

I can definitely see why someone would prefer the second season of SAO to the first if this episode sets the table for the crazy to come.

I don't think I've ever seen a villain front that much ever.

seriously, Kirito's right there and he grabs Asuna's hair and tries to snort her dandruff

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He wants to grudge fuck her and steal her birthright while also holding her and apparently hundreds of others hostage and he doesn't even try to cover it up!

Really enjoyed this episode of GitS, I'm guessing that the android was programmed to only quote the movie by that kid, right? Her last line wasn't in the film, was that implying that she had become sentient and was acting of her own free will at that point to save someone she cared about? I can tell this show is going to touch on some pretty deep themes and I'm loving it; this will probably become my new Big O.

Brotherhood is the best show on the block right now (first time viewer!)

Naruto is kicking into high gear, this arc has steadily gotten better. Rock Lee is quickly becoming my favorite character, believe it!

Bleach was terrible. It gets better.

SAO was terrible. It gets worse.

One Piece virgins are finally introduced to Franky, you guys will come to love this d-bag.

Soul Eater. Meh.

FLCL continues to bore me.

Tenumi

Banned
Next head of the house. IE, Asuna wouldn't really inherit anything but Sugou since it's a patriarchal structure.

Well, that sucks. SAO: Non-progressive anime

seriously, Kirito's right there and he grabs Asuna's hair and tries to snort her dandruff

That was super creepy. Also, Kirito's a wimp for not punching him in the face right then and there.

That was super creepy. Also, Kirito's a wimp for not punching him in the face right then and there.

what are you talking about? he moved his arm away from Asuna and told him to cut it out. might as well have done this:

Cool-Walk-Away-From-Bridge-Explosion-Gif.gif

what are you talking about? he moved his arm away from Asuna and told him to cut it out. might as well have done this:

Cool-Walk-Away-From-Bridge-Explosion-Gif.gif

So Kirito shoved explosives up the guys ass and detonated it?

Really enjoyed this episode of GitS, I'm guessing that the android was programmed to only quote the movie by that kid, right? Her last line wasn't in the film, was that implying that she had become sentient and was acting of her own free will at that point to save someone she cared about? I can tell this show is going to touch on some pretty deep themes and I'm loving it; this will probably become my new Big O.

Both seasons of GITS are great and you're going to love it if you like the stand alone episodes.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
*bow* Thanks for all the Sketchy Comments guys ;) And for the Tag Update! (Wish the Kanji worked, as that would have been pretty cool, lol)

On last night's SAO:

• I actually kinda like Kazuto being a wuss IRL, compared to Kirito in the game. The "You were special in the game, now you're a weak powerless loser" aspect is actually a theme that I think works out well.
  • Minus the Cousin / Stepsister stuff, I actually kinda like the Kazuto / Suguha relationship. They're not siblings what are ALWAYS at each other's throats (which is too common), and he really seems to view her as family, which is nice, as they really haven't traveled into that "Wow, she's grown up so much since I saw her 2 years ago!" Stuff that 99% of shows would have forced us to go through.
  • On to Hair-Sniffer Lip-Toucher, Kazuto didn't PUNCH that guy because he can Kill Asuna's game self at any time... so he can only do so much.
  • The whole "Adopted" thing... yeah, to me, that sounded like too many plans at once. I guess he's saying "I'll become a part of her family through marriage", but bleh...
  • Kazuto should visit one more time, with a recorder, and just get the overtalkative idiot on tape, Or just record it with his cellphone.
  • Do they EXPECT her to awake? If they do, can't she just say "No, I don't wanna marry this fleabag?!"
  • I actually though the fanservice build up was kinda snarky, really. They kept avoiding concentrating on the obvious cleavage for quite a few scenes, and Kirito didn't think about it at all... only at the end did they finally say "OK, SEE, TAKE A LOOK!"
  • If the show actually built up it's STORY in a similar way (hinting at things calmly, and then finally giving a big payoff from all the hinting), then it'd be a LOT better!

And I still like "Black Egg" of IGPX. It helps give Satomi a bit of personality, I like the music in the ep, and it pokes fun at our expectations until the very last minute. The only part I DON'T like about it is that this is the only real blowup we see from Andre in the entire series, though maybe it's just a bit of proof to us, that he treats her in a more adult way than he treats everyone else.

I wanted to make fun of how every time they called to Secura in Clone Wars, all I heard was "Sakura", but after SAO's creepyservice, I felt like drawing a female who actually kinda looked like an adult.

I always found the Major's "Well what DO they do with them?!?" to be... really odd for her, lol. "Here, this looks like a female. What do you think Pervy men do with them?!?"

I always took the Geri's off-script acting to be a showing of a free will / concept forming from all the old movie re-watching her owner did with her. Reminds me of what happens with the Tachikomas and Batou's pampering of them. Keep treating them like people, and...

I liked how quick Nemu killed off her "clone" on Bleach... "Look, we ain't got time for this!" -attack vital point, get on with living- I like this art/animation team... they seemed really intent at making Rangiku's animation very top-heavy in motion too, for instance. They have an eye for detail.

so, i watched Ghost in the Shell. last week was a vehicle for action, this week was a vehicle for....philosophical discussion. this sort of thing is rarely incorporated well into the material (though Soul Eater actually pulled it off with this last episode, surprisingly), and Ghost in the Shell isn't an exception. it just seems clunky, unfortunately. i mean, it's not bad or anything, and the rest of the episode is fine, but this is sort of the problem i had with the original movie, too; they just sat and talked to the audience for like 10 minutes in that one.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
so, i watched Ghost in the Shell. last week was a vehicle for action, this week was a vehicle for....philosophical discussion. this sort of thing is rarely incorporated well into the material (though Soul Eater actually pulled it off with this last episode, surprisingly), and Ghost in the Shell isn't an exception. it just seems clunky, unfortunately. i mean, it's not bad or anything, and the rest of the episode is fine, but this is sort of the problem i had with the original movie, too; they just sat and talked to the audience for like 10 minutes in that one.

This is why I really didn't get sold on SAC until much later on. It's fantastically done overall, and the detail and effect pays off, but sometimes, you just wonder... "would you guys shut up and DO something?!?"

It lends to the shows sophistication, but it doesn't have the immediate payoff something like the Soul Eater version of this style situation did.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
maaaaaaybe.

EDIT: Also for those of you who haven't seen the show don't go to the wikipedia page on the episodes to find out whether or not the next one is stand alone or complex, heavy spoilers there. Complex episodes will make themselves evident very early on even if you miss the title card.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is why I really didn't get sold on SAC until much later on. It's fantastically done overall, and the detail and effect pays off, but sometimes, you just wonder... "would you guys shut up and DO something?!?"
This is exactly the mentality that I have. It's good, but I still see elements that remind me of when I was younger & just thinking "so when does something actually happen?". I still like the show more now that I'm older and able to appreciate it for what it actually is, but man if it doesn't get extremely talky at times (seriously, just wait until that one when
it's literally just people sitting at a table discussing the plot
, I absolutely LOATHED that episode as a kid).

Branduil

Valvrave the Liberator 13

Man Haruto your curse isn't even that bad.
All you have to do is bite people, it doesn't even harm them most of the time. Yeah there was the Saki thing but you're more upset about it than she is. Of course that's because she's completely insane.

Valvrave the Liberator 14

My little sister can't be such a hacker

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 7

:MatrixRevolutions

Steins;Gate 7

Where little girls have the voices of a woman in her mid-twenties

*bow* Thanks for all the Sketchy Comments guys ;) And for the Tag Update! (Wish the Kanji worked, as that would have been pretty cool, lol)

On last night's SAO:
  • I actually kinda like Kazuto being a wuss IRL, compared to Kirito in the game. The "You were special in the game, now you're a weak powerless loser" aspect is actually a theme that I think works out well.
  • Minus the Cousin / Stepsister stuff, I actually kinda like the Kazuto / Suguha relationship. They're not siblings what are ALWAYS at each other's throats (which is too common), and he really seems to view her as family, which is nice, as they really haven't traveled into that "Wow, she's grown up so much since I saw her 2 years ago!" Stuff that 99% of shows would have forced us to go through.
  • On to Hair-Sniffer Lip-Toucher, Kazuto didn't PUNCH that guy because he can Kill Asuna's game self at any time... so he can only do so much.
  • The whole "Adopted" thing... yeah, to me, that sounded like too many plans at once. I guess he's saying "I'll become a part of her family through marriage", but bleh...
  • Kazuto should visit one more time, with a recorder, and just get the overtalkative idiot on tape, Or just record it with his cellphone.
  • Do they EXPECT her to awake? If they do, can't she just say "No, I don't wanna marry this fleabag?!"
  • I actually though the fanservice build up was kinda snarky, really. They kept avoiding concentrating on the obvious cleavage for quite a few scenes, and Kirito didn't think about it at all... only at the end did they finally say "OK, SEE, TAKE A LOOK!"
  • If the show actually built up it's STORY in a similar way (hinting at things calmly, and then finally giving a big payoff from all the hinting), then it'd be a LOT better!

And I still like "Black Egg" of IGPX. It helps give Satomi a bit of personality, I like the music in the ep, and it pokes fun at our expectations until the very last minute. The only part I DON'T like about it is that this is the only real blowup we see from Andre in the entire series, though maybe it's just a bit of proof to us, that he treats her in a more adult way than he treats everyone else.

I wanted to make fun of how every time they called to Secura in Clone Wars, all I heard was "Sakura", but after SAO's creepyservice, I felt like drawing a female who actually kinda looked like an adult.

I always found the Major's "Well what DO they do with them?!?" to be... really odd for her, lol. "Here, this looks like a female. What do you think Pervy men do with them?!?"

I always took the Geri's off-script acting to be a showing of a free will / concept forming from all the old movie re-watching her owner did with her. Reminds me of what happens with the Tachikomas and Batou's pampering of them. Keep treating them like people, and...

I liked how quick Nemu killed off her "clone" on Bleach... "Look, we ain't got time for this!" -attack vital point, get on with living- I like this art/animation team... they seemed really intent at making Rangiku's animation very top-heavy in motion too, for instance. They have an eye for detail.

Some of your questions haven't been answered because the show hasn't actually brought attention to them yet, some of those facts you learned from myself or Kayos by reading our previews for the upcoming arc :X next episodes is when we learn
Asuna is trapped in ALO, the creator of ALO is the obvious villain guy who wants to marry Asuna, the other reason he trapped her along with 300+ people, etc

LOLDSFAN

Don't tell me what to do. #yolo

That wasn't that bad. I expected a lot worse.

Not as bad as this guy on MAL.

Yumekichi11 said:
Suguha comforting Kirito, OMG! The following part,

h45y4ty3ttbte_zps2b379fbd.gif

So much TT_TT I really can’t stress out how amazing emotional just that part was along with the spoiler
It warrants a NOBEL PRIZE MAN! At the very least for Suguha in using her own body to comfort Kirito not in any sexual manner nor what already his family did for him but as a normal girl caring for a love that is broken. It simple cannot be denied that Kirito broke down badly there and that Suguha poured out all she can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom