• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

For whatever reason, I decided to dip out of this episode of Jojo and was planning to return for Hunter X Hunter. From reading these comments I'm glad I did.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, there's an episode later in the series with MUCH more underage nudity than this one. Please look forward to it.

Jarate

Banned
Part 3 is not perfect. The first half is a lot of Araki figuring out how the arc will work.

Also, the little girl character is gonna dissapear pretty soon

Don't give up on part 3. It has some issues, but it has some of the highest highs of the series.

That's basically my thought, it'd be a more sensible direction if she was older.

Only one more time does Araki ever have a young girl or any "loli" type character appear in the manga, 0 exploitation with her. The girl really feels like something Araki's editors pushed on him to attempt to include.

BlastCore

Banned
What I wanna know is how did that fucking ship just appear out of the ape the first time. Also I wanna know if his name is a Wu Tang or Eric Clapton reference

I don't give a fuck.

It's always "just this one part" in anime, which is why it keeps getting a pass, which is why it keeps happening. Fuck this, fuck this show, I'm out.

I can understand and agree.
Shonen Jump in the 80's and 90's were less strict about nudity of minors and Japan used (not sure if this has changed in recent years) to have a different outlook on nudity.
So there was probably no pushback when Araki came up with this scene in the manga.

What makes it a disturbing blight on this part is the fact that the girl is being preyed on by a lecherous orangutan.

Sianos

For the record, there's an episode later in the series with MUCH more underage nudity than this one. Please look forward to it.

i think
kid polnareff dick is gonna be censored

still probably the worst episode of the series as a whole, though

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Be back for Hunter. Enjoy your Ghoul Garbage.

It does. The episode isn't really defensible. However "fuck this show forever!" is a pretty dramatic overreaction :/

Yeah seriously.
Alessi is going to cause some major crying. Hayato & Kira too if we ever get DiU

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We saw the vampire twins in Black Lagoon & multiple sexual assault in SAO. Those were far worse.

Yea, but Black Lagoon was a far darker show. It prepped us for that shit, to a certain extent.

SAO we literally made fun of the entire way through because of how dumb it was.

Seeing it in JoJo, it just felt weird.

Morlas

It does. The episode isn't really defensible. However "fuck this show forever!" is a pretty dramatic overreaction :/

I can understand how Htown feels, after all kids are off limits no matter what, but in my opinion it's not quite that bad since they didn't try to frame the naked kid in a tantalizing way, but in a more "this character's gross for even trying to do this shit" way, but yeah there are far better ways to exploit a young person's weakness in a story

edit: just to be clear i am not okay with child nudity in any circumstance

Top Bottom