• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tornado Season 2014 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Looks like we're starting off with a potentially big outbreak this year:

xJPdwNQ.gif

Via Dr. Forbes:

Thur Apr 3 - severe thunderstorm and tornado outbreak likely in central and south MO, south half IN, southwest OH, northeast, central, and west KY, westTN, AR, southeast KS, east OK, east TX (from I-35 eastward and south to San Antonio and Galveston by evening), northwest LA. TORCON - 8 south MO, north
AR, south IL; 7 east OK, south AR; 5 south IN, west KY, west TN, northwest LA, east TX.

Thur Night Apr 3-4 - Severe thunderstorm and tornado outbreak continues in central and south IL, south half IN, south OH, KY, west and middle TN, north and west-central AL, north, central, and southwest MS, north, central and southwest LA, east TX, east OK, AR, south, central, and northeast MO. TORCON - 7 southeast MO, south IL; 6 - southwest, central, northeast MO, west KY, west TN, southeast AR, northwest MS; 5 east OK, south IN, central KY,
middle TN, northeast MS; 4 rest of area above

As always, if you're in any of these areas, keep aware of the situation and be prepared just in case!

South Central Oklahoma here. Just got put in a tornado watch. Haven't even got a chance to enjoy spring. It went straight from cold to humid and tornadoes. We need a break.

Shit is getting serious right now. Tornado warning for St. Louis, additional warnings in SE Missouri and one east of Dallas.

3470529_G.jpg

http://www.wafb.com/story/25177479/high-winds-from-storms-knock-down-trees-cause-other-damage-a

i guess it had to start somewhere. don't think it managed to get far. from what i saw going to work this morning. it happened around where i live. since driving further down only only a powerline was hit after the apartment complex.

and our power managed to go off for a couple minutes and went back on. the only issue we have now is shoddy cable. so no tv for me this morning.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seems like a good time to give this a bump. We're currently in the midst of day 2 of a multi-day tornado outbreak in the midwest and south. Several tornadoes reported in MS and AL today, on top of the deadly ones in AR, KS, IA, MO and OK yesterday. Still a significant threat for Alabama and Mississippi through the rest of the night. Possibly Georgia as well. Stay safe, Southern-GAF.

Seems like a good time to give this a bump. We're currently in the midst of day 2 of a multi-day tornado outbreak in the midwest and south. Several tornadoes reported in MS and AL today, on top of the deadly ones in AR, KS, IA, MO and OK yesterday. Still a significant threat for Alabama and Mississippi through the rest of the night. Possibly Georgia as well. Stay safe, Southern-GAF.
We are suppose. To get rain in LA at midnight. Well see how that turns out

Yup, just bolted some stuff down here.

Stay safe GAF.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
HeTWDwr.png

Potential tracking, to get an idea of where it might be going.

I work near Mercedes, so all these areas are places I go to a lot.

Downhome

My in-laws are in Waynesville, NC and it's going right through their little community right now. It's not very common for a Tornado to actually hit their area considering it is smack right in the middle of the Smoky Mountains, just totally surrounded by the mountains all around them. Just talked to them, told them to be safe.

It should pass through here where we are in upstate SC later tonight and tomorrow. Wish us luck, and be safe everyone!

Shit, stay safe Birmingham-GAF!

Weather Underground ‏@wunderground 40s

12:15 AM ET: This is worst case scenario for Birmingham, #AL. Strong #tornado heading for city. pic.twitter.com/1DmpsWMfGn

Lonestar

Almost shat when they mentioned mcadory high school. Quiet so far...

Just north near uab north, tornado down perhaps

gwarm01

Days like today pretty much confirm that I want to get the hell out of the south whenever I finish school.

After seeing the tornado that hit outside of Little Rock, AR last night I am glad I moved away after school. Of course I now live in hurricane territory but what can you do?

Paskil

Would you mind not doing that here, please? This thread is about keeping people informed and safe.

My bad. Tornado's were always a big fear of mine growing up. We don't have it as bad in Wisconsin as they do down in the belt, but there were a few Summers where I was stuck outside when they happened (scout camp, was able to see them with no where for shelter but to hunker down by a creek). I used to have nightmares about them all the time.

Hope everyone is alright and safe.

Hope everyone stays safe during this current outbreak....at the same time I hope many brave souls' record some high res home footage of the tornadoes and upload it on youtube. I love watching those vids during tornado season.

Lonestar

aww, I missed a joke.

RonPaul: Unfortunately, almost all of this outbreak came after sundown. So expect lightning images, but not alot of tornado images.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Stupid Google Maps took me through Kimberly. Trees were peeled like bananas. Scary stuff.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Well, we survived the first round. Looks like we have to brace ourselves again tonight.
Where in the South are you at, Mandrake? I'm not sure why but I always figured that Mandrake Air was headquartered in Ohio or somewhere like that (though of course it was organized in Deleware).

Where in the South are you at, Mandrake? I'm not sure why but I always figured that Mandrake Air was headquartered in Ohio or somewhere like that (though of course it was organized in Deleware).

Central Alabama. I'd get more specific than that, but I have too many enemies.

When I was thirteen my parents were going to emigrate us to Iowa (from UK). So fucking glad it fell through. I would love to see a tornado in real life, but not bearing down on my house and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom