• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Chapters is not renewing the lease in 2013 and WBB will close.

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?! :'(

Not another icon, FUCK this world! :'(

Got so many magazine issues and other odds and sods there, I'll never forget Chapters at Steeles & Yonge either. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Em loves his coffee polls....Balzac's goddamn it! :mad:

Thanks for the burger poll! It's nice to be living very close to most of those...Dangerous Dan's?! Gaf overhype spilling into TO thread I see...

It's not 100% accurate, but I recommend an app called nextbus for the TTC. Gives you somewhat of a time range to expect buses and lolcars, but it doesn't provide news of delays. Though if you're standing there and it doesn't move from 5 mins after a few mins, you should probably just go...or Take The Car. App is on ios and android. Not sure about bb, but nobody except kave man uses those anyways.
I keeeeed

Bitch I got a Note 2 now!

I'm certified!

I didn't crack the top poster list in OT2? Something is wrong here.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to throw my hat into the ring for Mayor of Toronto. I'm going to run on the platform of "Respecting the Law, cause you know, it's the law".

I am available to start immediately.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't crack the top poster list in OT2? Something is wrong here.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to throw my hat into the ring for Mayor of Toronto. I'm going to run on the platform of "Respecting the Law, cause you know, it's the law".

I am available to start immediately.
I'll run on a platform of closing dem book places, finding sweet sweet gravy dripping from the city, and football. I'll get the burbanites to vote for me. Game. OVER!

Came strollin into OT3. What's up Toronto, from just a 5 minute drive north of Steeles? Gotta have some other Markhamites in here, might as well ask since it's a fresh OT.

I know there must be.
even though we're a city now, who cares about that?
kave_man and I are at the other end of the city (Vaughan) also 5 minutes away from Steeles. We're not doing a GTA-OT, that's just ridiculous!

Is it? GTA-OT?

Blackhead

Redarse
It's not 100% accurate, but I recommend an app called nextbus for the TTC. Gives you somewhat of a time range to expect buses and lolcars, but it doesn't provide news of delays. Though if you're standing there and it doesn't move from 5 mins after a few mins, you should probably just go...or Take The Car. App is on ios and android. Not sure about bb, but nobody except kave man uses those anyways.
I keeeeed

post links

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Toronto-OT is fine.

I know I can't be the only one when I'm on vacation to say I live in Toronto to people? I used to say Vaughan but nobody knew what the hell I was talking about or I'd have to spend an extra few minutes explaining that Vaughan is right above Toronto and blah blah blah.

Toronto-OT is fine.

I know I can't be the only one when I'm on vacation to say I live in Toronto to people? I used to say Vaughan but nobody knew what the hell I was talking about or I'd have to spend an extra few minutes explaining that Vaughan is right above Toronto and blah blah blah.
Template conversation to people in Canada:

Me: Vaughan
Them: Wonderland?

God damn people think I live in wonderland's backyard and shit. So yes, I always answer Toronto.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
post links

Nextbus is in the OT under useful TTC links, but it's probably buried too far down. You can use it via web, or app on Droid / iOS. It uses the GPS on all buses and streetcars, so you can even follow them around on Google Maps. Since its been up and running, I've never had to wait outside for 20 minutes just praying a bus will come by. I can time it almost to the minute now.

http://www.nextbus.com/

Toronto-OT is fine.

Pretty sure most people do this in every region. I tell most people I'm originally from San Francisco when asked, because they won't know a random town of 1,200 half hour outside the city. :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Toronto-OT is fine.

Back when I lived in Mississauga it would just go like this:

I live in Missi... Toronto

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto-OT is fine.

Vaughan is Toronto's hat. Just tell em that.

Blackhead

Redarse
Nextbus is in the OT under useful TTC links, but it's probably buried too far down. You can use it via web, or app on Droid / iOS. It uses the GPS on all buses and streetcars, so you can even follow them around on Google Maps. Since its been up and running, I've never had to wait outside for 20 minutes just praying a bus will come by. I can time it almost to the minute now.

http://www.nextbus.com/

yeah but which apps? I use the website but I'm always on the look for a well designed app. There are dozens of 'nextbus' apps on droid / ios and they are almost all shitty. I found the website via your OT iirc when i first came to visit.

Quick

Banned
Toronto-OT is fine.

Same. I'm technically in the east/Durham region, but I'm close enough anyway.

However, I did have an instance in Florida where I said I was from Toronto, and all I got was a blank stare. Then I mentioned "Canada" and I saw the person light up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Toronto-OT is fine.

I know people from Kingston and St. Catharines who say they're from Toronto when they're on vacation. :lol

Divvy

Vaughan is Toronto's hat. Just tell em that.

Remember when this was Vaughan's identity?

J6BWem.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
yeah but which apps? I use the website but I'm always on the look for a well designed app. There are dozens of 'nextbus' apps on droid / ios and they are almost all shitty

Ah, sorry. I use TorontoBusMap. It's free, it lets me search via map. If you have more than one busy route trying to display at once, it might crash, but overall it's pretty sturdy. Let me know if you find a better one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...EsImNvbS5zY2huZWVsb2NoLnRvcm9udG90cmFuc2l0Il0.

Quick

Banned
I have a rapper friend who "bleeds" Mississauga. I feel like he probably would do the same thing when asked where he's from while on vacation.

I really don't think anybody exists that actually really cares about Mississauga that much.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have a rapper friend who "bleeds" Mississauga. I feel like he probably would do the same thing when asked where he's from while on vacation.

I really don't think anybody exists that actually really cares about Mississauga that much.
HbBe8l.jpg

Divvy

Quick, someone name a good restaurant around North York that isn't Korean or Congee Wong D:

Divvy

But that Congee Wong and Leslie and Finch is pretty damn good that we leave Markham to go there.

I know, I bleed congee wong congee at this point.

Anyways, screw you guys I'm going to Shiso Tree Cafe.

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?! :'(

Not another icon, FUCK this world! :'(

Got so many magazine issues and other odds and sods there, I'll never forget Chapters at Steeles & Yonge either. :(

No more WBB? Gonna go cry in a corner, now. That area is just getting ravaged by New-York-Minime development-itis.

yeah but which apps? I use the website but I'm always on the look for a well designed app. There are dozens of 'nextbus' apps on droid / ios and they are almost all shitty. I found the website via your OT iirc when i first came to visit.

Try out NextTTC.

I'm not sure having your mayor thrown out of office in a court case and who obstinately believes that his failure to read and understand conflict of interest rules is OK for a guy who's supposed to run the place and then blames the verdict on some left-wing conspiracy...is anything to be proud of.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure having your mayor thrown out of office in a court case and who obstinately believes that his failure to read and understand conflict of interest rules is OK for a guy who's supposed to run the place and then blames the verdict on some left-wing conspiracy...is anything to be proud of.
I'm proud... :(

EphNE

Please refrain from making offensive or illegal statements
Great thread, EM. I'm sure you've heard this before, but you should be a travel agent for Toronto. Heh!

Hieberrr

These food spots are really trying to kill people with these prices. I just checked BlogTO for some new places (the gf and I have been looking to try new foods from different cultures or just something not too common) and the prices go from $9-$30 for the smallest portions in the world.

SMH.

Top Bottom