• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Cell phone coverage sucks inside York's buildings with Telus, Bell, Rogers, Wind, everyone

Those things are built like bomb shelters!

Nobility

Banned
i finally tried the five guys at dundas sq

$14 for non pre frozen food that you could easily make at home. not worth it.
Funny you should mention that, I just went there today for the first time.

I thought the food was good but a little too much grease and no way I would spend $14 there again.

That is all.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
i finally tried the five guys at dundas sq

$14 for non pre frozen food that you could easily make at home. not worth it.

We like the fries a lot.. in fact.. we've stopped by just for the fries. And they give you a ton.

Burger was okay.. but the wait was nightmarish. And people working there generally seem miserable. And of course, expensive. Not sure I'd pick another burger place in the core over it, but sure wouldn't make a habit of eating there much all things considered. Yellow Griffin near me give you a burger with a lot more taste for the same price and there is decent seating.

Hieberrr

Go Wind. Although you'll save money in the short term, the coverage for calls and data speed I find is much better on Wind. Granted, it's not AMAZING, it's still better on Wind IMO. I can't really say about coverage in Oakville though.

EDIT:
@Flash. I suggest going with Wind. I used to have really crappy signal at YorkU when I was with Mobilicity but after switching to Wind, I get coverage with decent data speeds. Even at the TEL building where there was barely any signal, I get full to half bars on Wind

Just switched to WIND. Signal outside of buildings is amazing; the call quality is crystal clear and pretty as perfect as you can get. For the first few days, I lost signal in my house and whatnot, but after the second or third day, everything got better.

So yeah, go WIND :D Mobilicty (from what I hear) has improved a lot. I had Mobilicity two years ago and it was kind of crappy, but yeah I'm sure it's much better now. Not as good as WIND in terms of coverage, but always improving.

This is potentially amazing.

https://twitter.com/yonge_dundas

A (fake) Twitter account for the "BELIEVE in the lord" guy on Yonge and Dundas. If you Tweet near that intersection, you will, in theory, be yelled at on Twitter. It hasn't been updated since May, though.
What's the story on this guy? Is this his job or ??? I can't imagine doing the same thing every day would be too fun. I've always wondered what he was like to talk to if someone were to actually approach him.

Thanks for the cell advice, guys. I'm at U of T so I'm probably good for coverage there. I'll ask around at work for anybody who has Wind or Mobilicity and see how their coverage is.

We like the fries a lot.. in fact.. we've stopped by just for the fries. And they give you a ton.

Burger was okay.. but the wait was nightmarish. And people working there generally seem miserable. And of course, expensive. Not sure I'd pick another burger place in the core over it, but sure wouldn't make a habit of eating there much all things considered. Yellow Griffin near me give you a burger with a lot more taste for the same price and there is decent seating.

Slab burger, tucked away up on Charles, is the shit.

What's the story on this guy? Is this his job or ??? I can't imagine doing the same thing every day would be too fun. I've always wondered what he was like to talk to if someone were to actually approach him.

I don't know the story on that guy, but he's been there since the '90s at least. Although, back then, his "preaching" was more traditional. It's only in the last decade that he's started randomly blurting our single words.

Hieberrr

I don't know the story on that guy, but he's been there since the '90s at least. Although, back then, his "preaching" was more traditional. It's only in the last decade that he's started randomly blurting our single words.

Wow, since the 90s? I've always wondered what he was like when he's at home or not at Yonge-Dundas.

Roto13

I heard at night he turns into a cloud and drifts into the sky, returning the following morning as rain that gathers into a single puddle and reforms into a human being.

j20uu.jpg

source

It's beautiful.

Edit: Gamerama featured in the OP? Really? They've swindled more than one Gaffer on this site with their "repair" jobs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hey looks like putting the thread in the OT worked. We have got a few more peeps.

I also see a lot of them are from Vaughan too. :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's beautiful.

Edit: Gamerama featured in the OP? Really? They've swindled more than one Gaffer on this site with their "repair" jobs.

Just a random picture, I'll probably replace it with something else later.

As for the store, I don't actually care for the place much myself. The people they have working there never seem to give a shit, and there's usually pizza boxes and garbage laying about. They have an okay selection of older generation games, for a bit less than A&C, which is their only real value.

zorbsie

I don't chat too much, but am still subscribing to this thread. My office is still pretty chuffed about the Ford ousting.

Magnus

Great second date idea for Friday night? I'd love to show the guy a different kind of night than just drinks, but don't wanna go totally off the rails with anything super-involved.

Dyno

It's beautiful.

Yup. I got burned when they assured me they could repair my PS3. The place is a fucking dump and it looks like it's run by teenagers.

I can't remember the OP but did Game Shack get in there? It's a nice spot that give good trades and it's located centrally, on the bottom floor of The Atrium (west side of Yonge St. just north of Dundas.)

If you don't want to buy your games at a big box or at the franchise stores then it's an option.

Rinoa

This is potentially amazing.

https://twitter.com/yonge_dundas

A (fake) Twitter account for the "BELIEVE in the lord" guy on Yonge and Dundas. If you Tweet near that intersection, you will, in theory, be yelled at on Twitter. It hasn't been updated since May, though.

LOL! A Zanta one would be funny too.

Just a random picture, I'll probably replace it with something else later.
Replace it with animextreme!

Stet

Banned
Yup. I got burned when they assured me they could repair my PS3. The place is a fucking dump and it looks like it's run by teenagers.

I can't remember the OP but did Game Shack get in there? It's a nice spot that give good trades and it's located centrally, on the bottom floor of The Atrium (west side of Yonge St. just north of Dundas.)

If you don't want to buy your games at a big box or at the franchise stores then it's an option.

I seem to recall talking to someone in Gamerama once. Apparently the heftier guy owns and runs the place and he only employs one or two other people. The rest are kids who hang out in the place and eventually just started working for free.

The city's top lawyer says Ford can't run for Mayor if there is a by-election

Mammoliti says Ford should give up and step aside, such loyalty lol

thabiz

Mammoliti should just go back to creepily filming the gay community.

It also looks like his appeal is not going to go anywhere. He just cant prove anything besides he was stupid. Which the judge already said wasnt going to fly.

Toronto GAF, I'm in the process of selling my old game collection and want to sell locally, if possible and offer to GAF before Kijiji.

Anyone interested in SNES games complete in boxes with all instructions / inserts, etc? All in great shape, and some are on the rarer side. PM if interested.

SNES Zombies Ate My Neighbors ($60)
SNES Young Merlin ($30)
SNES King Arthur's World ($25)
SNES Jungle Strike ($20)
SNES NHL '96 ($15)

Also have this:

GAMEBOY Final Fantasy Legend III ($70)

1993 Square published version of Final Fantasy Legend III for Game Boy, complete in box (with all inserts, etc) - in fabulous shape, except for map/item list, which is worn from heavy use back in the day!). Note, this isn't the Sunsoft reprint but the Square original, hence the price.

Will sell the whole lot for $200 to a GTA gaffer if they can meet in Toronto and do cash ($20 savings).

Doug Ford blaming everyone for his brother getting the boot, how about you take some personal responsibility for a change? Blaming the Provincial Government, please

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ah, subscribed

I never actually go to OT Community, it feels wrong

4th most posts in OT2, really? I thought I'd be way lower
When you post 4 of 5 posts in a row. :p

I loved the Cajun fries when I got them a couple of Fridays ago. I agree it was expensive but then again I stopped for lunch (yay, half day Fridays!) and didn't eat dinner that night or breakfast the next morning because I was still full. I stopped at the one on York Mills and the wait at almost 1pm was about 15 minutes from when I got in line until I got my order and the staff seemed very friendly and in a good mood.

I thought it was known because the judge said he could run when the current term was up. Since the current term started when Ford was elected 2 years ago that means it doesn't end until the next election was supposed to be held on October 27th, 2014.

I heard him on the Dean Blundell show this morning and he was talking about how council should pick a Mayor to fulfill the mandate that voters voted for when they elected Rob Ford. He also said that whoever council picks shouldn't run in the next election in 2 years.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
If you like fries, you should go to Shiso Tree for their Okonomiyaki fries

p2VBt.jpg

Really good stuff.

Bit of a drive though.

Divvy

Where's that?

By Woodbine and Steeles. It's really hard to find if you've never been, tucked away inside the japanese shopping centre (coincidentally we found out this centre has an AMAZING japanese grocer. Best sushi quality fish I've seen, plus other japanese foodstuff like 80 plates of Wagyu beef :S)

It's a really nice place that does sort of japanese/italian fusion with pastas mainly. I had the unagi pasta last time and it was excellent and so were the fries and potato soup.

Dyno

that downtown 5 guys sounds bad...the one I went to, the employees had a lot of fun.

- sent from kave_man's computer

I love it there. I think it's the best burger in the neighbourhood. For me the key was to go minimalistic on the toppings. You get a bunch of quality free choices but in the end it can wind up being a goopy mess.

The burger itself has all the flavour it needs. I've been getting a cheese or bacon cheeseburger with a double order of jalepenos and nothing else. It's absolutely perfect!

scogoth

I know this isn't really the best burger restaurant in Toronto but.... best burgers are home grilled with burgers from the Butcher Shop in Bala.

blah141

Thanks for the cell advice, guys. I'm at U of T so I'm probably good for coverage there. I'll ask around at work for anybody who has Wind or Mobilicity and see how their coverage is.

Slab burger, tucked away up on Charles, is the shit.

Annex-tdot-gaf here checking in. Fido/Rogers network @ UofT is awful, connections in sid smith and robarts are non-existent.

You all must try Hrvati near Bloor/Bathurst for a good burger. The restaurant is basically a tiny version of WVRST beer hall, one long table and some bar spots. Great but expensive beer selection and an amazing burger -- again, also expensive. Worth it once in a while.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/hrvati-bar-toronto

Divvy

I'm boycotting that poll because Golden Star isn't on it!

Also because I haven't been to almost any of the ones there

Top Bottom