• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Stet

Banned
Hi ahdurian,

I’m sorry to hear we didn’t drop the package off at the depot as you were advised. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

I’d like to follow up on this to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Would it be possible to email your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com?

Thanks,

Jérémie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

i think now we know who gives away all those games in this thread

Roto13

I can't taste anything thanks to my cold so I had Pizza Pizza for dinner because it's cheap and close.

So that's what it's for.

Windam

Scaley member
Hi ahdurian,

I’m sorry to hear we didn’t drop the package off at the depot as you were advised. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

I’d like to follow up on this to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Would it be possible to email your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com?

Thanks,

Jérémie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

LOLOLOLOL WAT

Rinoa

Rinoa, I thought you were #teamwinter

..how could you betray us!

mjcry1.png

Always been #teamwarm :)

Also #teamfat right now...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guess which LRT is down this morning?

THE TTC!

Fuck...should've stayed home

Edit: fuck this. Going back to work from home. At least I'll be there for when Purolator should deliver my Package, right? D:

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Guess which LRT is down this morning?

THE TTC!

Fuck...should've stayed home

Edit: fuck this. Going back to work from home. At least I'll be there for when Purolator should deliver my Package, right? D:
What are you going to do for the half decade between the SRT shutting down and the subway replacement? Have fun on those buses. :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
it only works in the LRT plan they had with ROW

that way it essentially would function like a surface subway

thanks rob ford for killing transit city... not.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Honestly, these new streetcars are the fucking worst. I'm not even a tall dude and there is still not enough leg room when you're sitting face to face (basically scissoring them) with someone on these streetcars. I will actually make the effort to take an older one instead if it's anywhere nearby when I'm waiting on Spadina.

I thought the same thing. I'm just short enough not to have to bend down, but I'm close enough where I'm thinking about how low it is. Spacing is a major issue for the new streetcars as well. The aisles inbetween the seats (see the far back of the photo) offer only enough room for one way traffic. And people are clueless about how to move about a normal streetcar when it's packed.

20111110streetcar11.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just hope the Purolator account stops spamming the same shit in every post or else I'll look into getting it banned.

Tuck

Man go trains are slow. Like the subway feels so much faster in terms of the speed the train moves at. Also takes a while for it to get to top speed.

Smooth ride though.

jstripes

Banned
Man go trains are slow. Like the subway feels so much faster in terms of the speed the train moves at. Also takes a while for it to get to top speed.

Smooth ride though.

GO Trains are like 50x heavier than subway trains, so it takes time to accelerate. They go 120 km/h during long stretches, though, and subways top out at 65 km/h I think. Travel distances are insanely different, too.

Willectro

Banned
But they hold double the people....

Honestly, these new streetcars are the fucking worst. I'm not even a tall dude and there is still not enough leg room when you're sitting face to face (basically scissoring them) with someone on these streetcars. I will actually make the effort to take an older one instead if it's anywhere nearby when I'm waiting on Spadina.

Yea, I'm interested see how this plays out.

I thought the same thing. I'm just short enough not to have to bend down, but I'm close enough where I'm thinking about how low it is. Spacing is a major issue for the new streetcars as well. The aisles inbetween the seats (see the far back of the photo) offer only enough room for one way traffic. And people are clueless about how to move about a normal streetcar when it's packed.

I never sit down; the seats are too gross and the crowd who need to sit down often look potentially incontinent. Years back (in Oshawa iirc) I sat in a mystery liquid on a seat. Tossed out the pants. Never again.

I just hope the Purolator account stops spamming the same shit in every post or else I'll look into getting it banned.

+1

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What are you going to do for the half decade between the SRT shutting down and the subway replacement? Have fun on those buses. :lol
I'm hoping I'll either be working with Rinoa or my company moves the location, which it is planning to do, or I'll be forced to drive, or I'll just have to get up a lot earlier.

Anyways, game finally here, it's hunting time. I need it after today. Emailed question to dev, wait all day, get an answer and then asks me the same damn questions to answers I had already provided in the first email... :<

SO tempted to get Monster Hunter but I really would rather have the regular n3DS and not the XL...

The normal n3DS will probably never come over here so might as well bite the bullet and get an XL. Besides, you can always trade in an XL for it if hell froze over and NOA got their head out of their asses.

Tuck

What line was this lol. Richmond Hill line makes the subway feel like any bus on Eglinton.

Lakeshore West. There were times when it got going to a decent speed, but even then it felt... slow. As in, not as fast as it should. Plus the train had to crawl in and out of every station. Its the only Go Train I've been on, so I don't know what the other lines are like. Pretty sure electric trains accelerate faster, so that might be why the subway gets going much quicker, but I'm not sure.

soultron

Banned
The normal n3DS will probably never come over here so might as well bite the bullet and get an XL. Besides, you can always trade in an XL for it if hell froze over and NOA got their head out of their asses.

I broke down and bought the XL since I think that there's maybe a 10% chance (next FY, when they need a boost) that the regular size one will come here. I'll do a system transfer and drop the XL like a bad habit. Thing is way too big, heavy, and makes my hands cramp in a way the OG 3DS never did.

ahdurian

man...screw Purolator.....my package is still apparently on the truck since Friday, because the driver hasn't brought it back to the depot yet, even though i requested it twice for them to bring it there

Rinoa

I'm hoping I'll either be working with Rinoa or my company moves the location, which it is planning to do, or I'll be forced to drive, or I'll just have to get up a lot earlier.

Anyways, game finally here, it's hunting time. I need it after today. Emailed question to dev, wait all day, get an answer and then asks me the same damn questions to answers I had already provided in the first email... :<

Dude it will be so awesome if u work my building. Food all day errday and got videogamez in the office.

Can even get your games shipped here so no deal with the missing fedex packages ever. (did that for FFX JP cuz I never really buy games from japan as often)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dude it will be so awesome if u work my building. Food all day errday and got videogamez in the office.

Can even get your games shipped here so no deal with the missing fedex packages ever. (did that for FFX JP cuz I never really buy games from japan as often)
Food and games?!?! D:

I'll...keep checking!

TTC also problem AGAIN with the SRT. Seems to have cleared up for now. So let's see if I get caught again like last time...in the subway with no reception and a garbled message -_-

I was wondering why the subway was so packed when I got off at Yonge bloor station at around 8:05.

I haven't been keeping up with the kardashians here (that's Toronto gaf). Rinoa what building so you work at that includes food and games and why aren't we all working there.

soultron

Banned
I tried playing Kid Icarus, the grip for the left stick and shoulder button is physically painful.

I'm speaking about the n3DS XL, as a clarification.

I hate (the size and lack of comfort of) it. :( I even consider myself to have normal- to large-sized hands.

But I sold my OG 3DS last year after finishing ALBW, realizing nothing could top that.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-72289867B30812BD
The game that destroyed the series and the franchise. Kind of like the Boston/Toronto Game 7.

Rinoa

I was wondering why the subway was so packed when I got off at Yonge bloor station at around 8:05.

I haven't been keeping up with the kardashians here (that's Toronto gaf). Rinoa what building so you work at that includes food and games and why aren't we all working there.

Building is waterpark place at 10 bay, there are like 4 towers connected there. It's the one right at the first southbound streetcar stop from union.

Coincidentally my husband works on the kardashian game lolo

Food and games?!?! D:

I'll...keep checking!

TTC also problem AGAIN with the SRT. Seems to have cleared up for now. So let's see if I get caught again like last time...in the subway with no reception and a garbled message -_-

reminds me of this old SNL sketch
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/transit-workers/n10376

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sleeping Dogs -- MB-16D0F447D1F16DA3 - Taken by Face it Tiger..
A game about sneaking through Trinity Bellwoods while drunk, trying not to get chased by its animal inhabitants and simultaneously avoiding their turds.

Top Bottom