• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, all you can eat sounds good to me.

Well, you might as well go with Japan Go or Sushi on Bloor...I guess.

http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_ayce_sushi_in_toronto/

Aji Sai is my choice if you're going downtown

For 'if you're ever in the area'
Yang's Kitchen
Ten-Ichi Japanese

Strange how all three are on this list and I'd say they're pretty decent. Yang's Kitchen we've been to an awful lot, and the few times I've been to Ten-Ichi have been surprisingly good.

@Quad, ANOTHER Izakaya place...?

F0Z7yN0.jpg

LULZ

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Some students want to get the CN Tower to be one giant goal light during the playoffs for the Leafs:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/04/22/bleeding_blue_cn_tower_goal_light_brilliant_idea.html

Let’s make it known we’re back in the playoffs, finally, after a nearly decade-long absence.

Let’s make it known we’re in, and scoring, competing to bring the Stanley Cup home.

Let’s make sure all of Toronto knows this by lighting up the CN Tower every time our boys net a post-season goal. What a great idea, Scott Booth.

Blackhead

Redarse
Some students want to get the CN Tower to be one giant goal light during the playoffs for the Leafs:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/04/22/bleeding_blue_cn_tower_goal_light_brilliant_idea.html
Let’s make it known we’re back in the playoffs, finally, after a nearly decade-long absence.

Let’s make it known we’re in, and scoring, competing to bring the Stanley Cup home.

Let’s make sure all of Toronto knows this by lighting up the CN Tower every time our boys net a post-season goal. What a great idea, Scott Booth.

geez, what do they have in mind if the Leafs win a match or even progress to the next round?! What are the odds of the Leafs reaching the final? Should I be making plans?

Quadratic

@Quad, ANOTHER Izakaya place...?

Yeah, it seems like all the joints in Vancouver have caught wind of the demand for Japanese Izakaya here after the successful launch of Guu a few years back. Kingyo is another transfer from out west. Makes sense though, not enough Japanese here VS the west coast makes those type of establishments risky. Guu has been a trailblazer in a sense. I remember back in the early 2000's when you could only get great yakitori in NYC. I mean we had it here but having an honest to goodness Japanese run place that specializes in it opposed to having the 101+ different menu items like a Chinese restaurant, night and day.

zroid

Banned
I like Japango. The omakase is well-chosen and the fish is always superb.

Japango is hard on the wallet but OH-SO-GOOD on the tastebuds/nucleus accumbens

I lived at the 89 Chestnut UofT residence for a couple years, which is right next door. mmmmmm

http://www.thegridto.com/blog-post/a-mayor-who-refuses-to-lead/

So here’s what just happened at the meeting of Mayor Rob Ford’s Executive Committee, moments ago as I write this: a slim majority (6-4) voted to defer voting on recommending new transit funding tools until later. How much later? A day after Metrolinx’s meeting where they’ll decide which revenue tools to recommend. The recommendations that will go to the province days later in order to decide how the GTA will pay for transit for a generation.

Rob Ford, Frank Di Giorgio, Norm Kelly, David Shiner, Cesar Palacio, and Gary Crawford. Those are the six who voted to remain silent on what might be the biggest quality of life decision the province will make on our behalf this year, or in many, many years. What a sad sack bunch that is. Michael Thompson, among others, was absent.

It's not all bad:

Council can fix it, of course, and most likely will. They could, at the next council meeting, revive the item for debate with 30 council votes—votes those who want to have this talk about transit funding probably have. Or they could, with the signatures of just 23 councillors, call a special meeting on this. Which is what Adam Vaughan is talking about doing now.

And so for the second year in a row, the mayor will see council respond to his lack of leadership by calling a special meeting over his objections, at which they’ll do what needs doing for the city on public transit. They can do it, and probably will. But they shouldn’t have to.

Once again King Dumbass puts politics ahead of moving the city forward. He'd rather do nothing instead of something just so he can score score political points (oh no, taxes!). He can keep on living in some fantasy land where someone else in the private sector spends $20B to build a massive subway expansion out of the kindness of their own hearts. Leave it up to the real leaders on this council to deal with reality, like always.

What if they succeed with this project and then the leafs never score a goal?

I found myself thinking the same thing when this got plastered all over my FB feed today.

Then they can go to plan B of making it alternate between yellow and red anytime the RCMP issues a press release to frighten the public.

I think you're confusing the RCMP with Vic Toews.

I lived at the 89 Chestnut UofT residence for a couple years, which is right next door. mmmmmm

Hey, a fellow Nut Alumni. Sing it: Head and shoulders...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Get some of the basic village quest out of the way, load up on Mega Potions, meat and basic supplies, so you can actually hunt at a meetup. :p

What weapon are you using?

Haven't even turned it on yet. I got it from a friend yesterday. Looking to play it most of this afternoon after work.

Quadratic

All this 3DS talk makes me tempted to buy one and jump in on all this portable gaming nonsense.

It make sense if you're a commuter on the bus/subway/GO. It's an excellent way to kill time. Plus, if you're married/relationship and have to share a TV this is a great way to get gaming in while the significant other is using the TV.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hmmm should I get Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter, never played either of the franchises before :eek:

Fire Emblem is god-tier. While I've put more hours into Monster Hunter, it's not the same game if you're playing it alone. It's much less newcomer friendly as well.

Discussion on FE: What are your thoughts on Perma-death, and also, how do you feel about heavy tactical strategy? I can't flatout recommend it to everyone.

Sober

It make sense if you're a commuter on the bus/subway/GO. It's an excellent way to kill time. Plus, if you're married/relationship and have to share a TV this is a great way to get gaming in while the significant other is using the TV.
Sadly I am neither, though I might want to go back to school in September, so maybe I'll check that off the list. The other one not so much.

Quadratic

Discussion on FE: What are your thoughts on Perma-death, and also, how do you feel about heavy tactical strategy? I can't flatout recommend it to everyone.

There's a mode where you can turn on perma death. It's not quite the full FE experience, but it takes away the fear of losing one of your favourite party members.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All this 3DS talk makes me tempted to buy one and jump in on all this portable gaming nonsense.
Xl is great. Tho if you get the regular 3ds you should get a grip for it. It really helps for longer stretches of play. I can sell ya mine ;) and I also have a charging dock too.

Roto13

There's a mode where you can turn on perma death. It's not quite the full FE experience, but it takes away the fear of losing one of your favourite party members.

For some people, permadeath is enough to turn them off from Fire Emblem games, and it's better to play the game without permadeath than not play it at all.

You can just switch it to Hard mode to compensate anyway.

Top Bottom