• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Pharaoh - Official Announce Trailer

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
They are reaaaaaallllly leaning into the "collapse" factor. Should make it very different to the other games.
Indeed. Can't wait.

As a fun story, I first discovered Total back in 9th grade. I was taking Japanese in Highschool and our teacher made us do a cultural report. I did my presentation on the sengoku era. Around that time, I had bought Shogun Total War (random purchase. I thought the cover looked cool, plus the game was on sale for like $10, so I was able to convince my dad to buy it pretty easily).

Shogun 1 came with like an HTML encyclopedia, where they basically tied in their game design decisions into historical accuracy. I wrote my entire presentation using that encyclopedia. My teacher was super impressed lol

Kokoloko85

Reading the details it sounds historic.

I really dont want anymore bullshit Warhammer or Mythical Troy type games, please bring back historical TW games!!!!

In the game desc i didnt read any wizards or magic or spells or mystic power bullshit.......this is looking promising.
I think Sega/Total War could do both seperately.

Full Historic games and Fictional/Mythical.
So have Total War: Shogun 3. And then also have Total War: LOTR or Warhammer

Reactions: GHG

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
This and the recent DLC for TWW3 confirms to me that CA and Sega have lost their minds.
You are right about CA generally losing it.
But in this case, that's not fully CA's fault - it seems clear that Epic came up with new requirements they hadn't planned for.

And because we're talking about CA, even the mildest of features will take half a year to implement...

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You are right about CA generally losing it.
But in this case, that's not fully CA's fault - it seems clear that Epic came up with new requirements they hadn't planned for.

And because we're talking about CA, even the mildest of features will take half a year to implement...
Sure I 100% agree that in this case the fault is on Epic mostly. But still CA and Sega both deserve all the shit they got imo.

Top Bottom